You know you're old if...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 1974 in Minnesota, me and my friends would go out to do some bumping also called hooking. Ski off the bumper of a passing car ride it for 4 or 5 blocks and then catch another bumper for the ski back.
View attachment 237386
Oh yeah! We did it too!! Forgot aboot that!!
Usually NOT the same car we were just throwing snow balls at!! 😂😂

I'll never forget the time we bombed the municipal plow truck with snow balls..apparently he had his window open!? Oops, caught up with us by surprise an hour or so later..got a hold of one of my buddies. Tossed him around a bit. Lessons learnt I guess🤣🤣
We did the same thing in California but with oranges. Hit a cop car with his window down. We sure did learn a lesson. Parents not happy!

I'll never forget the time we bombed the municipal plow truck with snow balls..apparently he had his window open!? Oops, caught up with us by surprise an hour or so later..got a hold of one of my buddies. Tossed him around a bit. Lessons learnt I guess🤣🤣
Man, some fun times snowballing cars! Adrenaline gets pumping when you see the brake lights and then reverse lights come on! RUN AWAY!! 😂

We did the same thing in California but with oranges. Hit a cop car with his window down. We sure did learn a lesson. Parents not happy!
Doh!! Not cool!!🤣🤣 now, if you were throwing donut holes..different outcome I'd bet!? HaHa!!😎🍻
Man, some fun times snowballing cars! Adrenaline gets pumping when you see the brake lights and then reverse lights come on! RUN AWAY!! 😂
Oh yeah!! The best was when people actually got out and gave chase!!
We knew it was wrong obviously, but what else is there to do after dark (5pm) in the winter!?🤣🤣
I am so glad we grew up in the age that we did, you'd get shot if you tried half the things we did now.
Amen!! Only thing I'd change(if I could) is go even further back in time to grow up😎🍻

Last edited:
Oh yeah!! The best was when people actually got out and gave chase!!
Man, if I knew then, what I knew now!! :devilish::devilish:

I would have had 1 person stay back, cuz usually they would leave the car running when they got out bc it was mostly show and they weren't gonna go far, and then that 1 person could jump in the running car for a joy ride!!! While the others start peppering the guy standing there watching his car drive away with snowballs!!! Man I want a time machine!!! :ROFLMAO: 😂

40$$$ in AA battery's and 20 mins later 😩😩😩,¿Dad can u buy me more batterys??battery's???
Dad=I spend 40$$ that I can buy Winston cigarettes so NO🤣🤣😂😂😂
Keep up everyone,God Bless u all🙏

Screenshot_20220819-152051_Gallery.jpg

Should we be writing a movie script? :ROFLMAO:

Jumping off the roof, kids don't do that anymore. :ROFLMAO:
We would run around the house ten times then jump off a high branch of a tree. Instant leg buckle. Why getting hurt was fun I will never know. :ROFLMAO:

Man, if I knew then, what I knew now!! :devilish::devilish:
Every mans dream

Man, most of the sh!t I did I can't discuss on here!! ;)😁:devilish:😁

Let me see though......

Used to hang at this one girl's house when her parents were at work and one day a friend and I smoothly switched all the photos/paintings they had on the 2nd floor with the 1st floor. Also switched out the microwave and TV......o what fun!! 😁

Another girls house we hung out at alot, we would always turn her ac or heat all the way up.....friend of mine peed in her shampoo.........thats as far as I can go on that one

Same girls house... "borrowed" a shopping cart from a store, pushed back to her house when they weren't home, ended up putting the shopping cart in her bed, tucked it in.....then removed every light bulb in the house. ..including stove/fridge and made a big smiley face on her floor 💡😁

Went on a camping "trip" ;) near some railroad tracks by a small town. Train always slows down through town, so we would run up to the road and place our faces as close as we could to the train cars and watch em zip by! Man, the trails and crazy sh!t seen that night!!! o_O Got a friend to eat bark....we all told him it was just beef jerky. Same kid, we told him about "snipe hunts" and had him hunting them for like an hour!! BEST.CAMPING.TRIP.EVER! (y):LOL:

Man, I think I did more illegal stoopid sh!t than dangerous!!! :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good times I tell ya'. Good times...:unsure:✌️

Anyone ever make tennis ball canons out of pop cans? 3 Cans, some duct tape a lighter fluid and a tennis ball 🤣
Lol I've shot something similar a friend made. A potato gun. Basically the same thing. We'd launch those taters!! 😂

My dad would always tell me about him and his brothers playing a game where you had to sit on a chair with bare feet flat on the floor and not flinching while the other one would try and see how close they could get tossing darts at em! :ROFLMAO:

Man, most of the sh!t I did I can't discuss on here!! ;)😁:devilish:😁

Let me see though......

Used to hang at this one girl's house when her parents were at work and one day a friend and I smoothly switched all the photos/paintings they had on the 2nd floor with the 1st floor. Also switched out the microwave and TV......o what fun!! 😁

Another girls house we hung out at alot, we would always turn her ac or heat all the way up.....friend of mine peed in her shampoo.........thats as far as I can go on that one

Same girls house... "borrowed" a shopping cart from a store, pushed back to her house when they weren't home, ended up putting the shopping cart in her bed, tucked it in.....then removed every light bulb in the house. ..including stove/fridge and made a big smiley face on her floor 💡😁

Went on a camping "trip" ;) near some railroad tracks by a small town. Train always slows down through town, so we would run up to the road and place our faces as close as we could to the train cars and watch em zip by! Man, the trails and crazy sh!t seen that night!!! o_O Got a friend to eat bark....we all told him it was just beef jerky. Same kid, we told him about "snipe hunts" and had him hunting them for like an hour!! BEST.CAMPING.TRIP.EVER! (y):LOL:

Man, I think I did more illegal stoopid sh!t than dangerous!!! :unsure::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good times I tell ya'. Good times...:unsure:✌️
Why are the bad things the most fun?:ROFLMAO::devilish:

Levi's jeans and jackets and BB gun fights were on! :LOL:
I would F up my son if he ever does dumb stuff like that!

We conducted alot of "experiments " with red dot smokeless gun powder.. real "bottle rockets"!😁😮🥵 till we caught my buddies brothers van on fire..uh, nope, no idea how that happened🤐 It was one of those 60's vintage Ford vans..burned it to the ground. Nothing but steel left of it🤯🤭🤫 Eventually we told him what happened, bout 10 years later. He was still pee'd off🤣🤣
Lol I've shot something similar a friend made. A potato gun. Basically the same thing. We'd launch those taters!! 😂

My dad would always tell me about him and his brothers playing a game where you had to sit on a chair with bare feet flat on the floor and not flinching while the other one would try and see how close they could get tossing darts at em! :ROFLMAO:
Yup, pipe, butane, potatoe.. it's a miracle I didn't lose at least a finger, eye, hand..life!! Man,we were young and reckless!!

M80s are fun! A friend of mine loved messing with explosives and the like. Put some wings on a shotgun shell and taped...I think....a nail or something like that to it and we went out to some back rural roads and tossed it in the air! We both ran/hiding behind trees but it worked! 😂

Or climbing saplings in the woods to slowly (hopefully) drop back to the ground!😃 We'd spend hours climbing and bending those poor trees over!!🤣🤣
Funny. Did that in Oregon in my early teens. Used to go down the side of a mountain--tree to tree-- without touching the ground.

Back