You should try this filament!...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
For those wanting very flexible prints check this stuff out... FPLA.. if your having trouble printing 85A, This is the ticket.. 89A with a printing temp as low as 180c 😱... In the hands it feels exactly like 85A ninja flex TPU...

Check this out! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099QZ1JYQ

For those wanting very flexible prints check this stuff out... FPLA.. if your having trouble printing 85A, This is the ticket.. 89A with a printing temp as low as 180c 😱... In the hands it feels exactly like 85A ninja flex TPU...

Sounds like I need to dust off my ender3's and get my slicer updated. If I start now, maybe I can have a couple sets of paddles ready for next winter..🤔😉😁🍻
Oh, PLA, nevermind. They'll probably dissolve.

Very interesting.

May give it a try..

It is definitely a interesting blend.. it prints very easily, with a finish very much like standard pla, but flexible as hell.. I was impressed for sure.. 👍

Thanks man. Added to the list.

Any cool ideas for using TPU?

Oh man, I use it for alot of things..

Gaskets
Mud guards
Center shaft covers
Bushings
Bumper springs
Wings
Vibration isolation
Body skids
Shock bump stops
Motor support's
Inner fenders
Phone case's
Feet for cabinets and benches
Prosthetic purposes
Grommets

Really endless possibilities 👍

So if it’s super flexible, how’s it hold up to abuse? Is it like TPU, where you pretty much can’t snap it?

So if it’s super flexible, how’s it hold up to abuse? Is it like TPU, where you pretty much can’t snap it?

Yes.. very good bonding in the 192-195c and higher range.. even at 180c the layer adhesion is very good..

The promise of this filament is that it prints like 95A (easier to print), but feels like 85A ninja flex ( harder to print)....

There would only be one downside, that would be glass transition temps.. which for some reason are not documented that I can find.. I'm sure it's somewhat low, after all it's based off pla..
Thats my concern heat resistance and pla also likes to remain bent

Its flexible it can't remain bent.. it's exactly like TPU but made of pla and some other blend..

There would only be one downside, that would be glass transition temps.. which for some reason are not documented that I can find.. I'm sure it's somewhat low, after all it's based off pla..
I agree that it would probably be low. The print temp isn’t much higher, and the one brand said that the softening point it 61c

I agree that it would probably be low. The print temp isn’t much higher, and the one brand said that the softening point it 61c

That would sound about right.. 140f ish.. I will have to do some heat tests..

Its flexible it can't remain bent.. it's exactly like TPU but made of pla and some other blend..
When i say bent it would flex yes but for example one of the downsides of pla after a while under load will get permanently deformed vs petg and tou who would spring back into shape.

Have you printed with it yet? Post pics, and if you haven’t yet, post when you get it!

Yes sir, have a print going now, I'm testing some angles, overhangs, support adhesion, and finish.. I'm testing on a .4 nozzle at the moment, then will test with the recommended .6.. 👍

One test I did was fed it to my Chiron, it's a bone stock feeder and hates TPU, even in the 95A range it struggles to feed .. but for some reason it feeds this fpla fine, even with the .4 nozzle..🤔.. So that for me backs up Thier claims it can be printed on most Bowden setup's without mods.. 👍..
When i say bent it would flex yes but for example one of the downsides of pla after a while under load will get permanently deformed vs petg and tou who would spring back into shape.

That is really apples to oranges.. it is nothing like pla or petg in any way.. it's not a stiff plastic...

Have you ever used 85A ninja flex? It's the consistency of a boiled piece of pasta.. couldn't deform it if you tried

Yes sir, have a print going now, I'm testing some angles, overhangs, support adhesion, and finish.. I'm testing on a .4 nozzle at the moment, then will test with the recommended .6.. 👍

One test I did was fed it to my Chiron, it's a bone stock feeder and hates TPU, even in the 95A range it struggles to feed .. but for some reason it feeds this fpla fine, even with the .4 nozzle..🤔.. So that for me backs up Thier claims it can be printed on most Bowden setup's without mods.. 👍..

That is really apples to oranges.. it is nothing like pla or petg in any way.. it's not a stiff plastic...

Have you ever used 85A ninja flex? It's the consistency of a boiled piece of pasta.. couldn't deform it if you tried
I only print 95A. I only buy my filaments from amazon. I bough so many pla rolls now all i use mostly is PETG and TPU 95A. I want to buy more tou but the brand i use is out of stock in amazon and price has went up again. Local TPU ranges from 50-100$ A roll vs 30$ on amazon☠️

I only print 95A. I only buy my filaments from amazon. I bough so many pla rolls now all i use mostly is PETG and TPU 95A. I want to buy more tou but the brand i use is out of stock in amazon and price has went up again. Local TPU ranges from 50-100$ A roll vs 30$ on amazon☠️

Wow man, I'm sorry to hear that, that is terrible.. I don't blame you for using Amazon..

So you know what the 95a feels like, both printed and on the spool.. This stuff is probably close to twice as flexible and really does act just like TPU..

if it came with a label saying 85a TPU I would believe it ..

I'll definitely check it for heat deformation..👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back