You should try this filament!...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow man, I'm sorry to hear that, that is terrible.. I don't blame you for using Amazon..

So you know what the 95a feels like, both printed and on the spool.. This stuff is probably close to twice as flexible and really does act just like TPU..

if it came with a label saying 85a TPU I would believe it ..

I'll definitely check it for heat deformation..👍
Was planning to sell Most of of my creations in PETG. Like the mudguards i have been making but whn the part they are connected to fail my print going to fail in the process. PETG is pretty cheap at 20$ a roll vs 30$ a roll of TPU. But making things mostly out of Tpu is better for product reliability and durability vs petg. I snapped an a arm on my notorious in -20c weather and what was holding it togueter still was my TPU mud guard And its still working

Was planning to sell Most of of my creations in PETG. Like the mudguards i have been making but whn the part they are connected to fail my print going to fail in the process. PETG is pretty cheap at 20$ a roll vs 30$ a roll of TPU. But making things mostly out of Tpu is better for product reliability and durability vs petg. I snapped an a arm on my notorious in -20c weather and what was holding it togueter still was my TPU mud guard And its still working

Yeah, TPU can definitely be a superior product compared to the stiffer filaments.. especially in cold weather..

Contacted the company..
They're here in Texas!

Got my hands on a roll of their FlexPLA.
Will need to design some stuffs that can better utilize it's properties.
I'll report back once I figure out what to make with it..

I just tested some out today.
IMG_20230429_164140.jpg
IMG_20230429_184336.jpg

Printed really easy. 195 deg nozzle and 40 deg bed. There's a warning that it sticks too much to pei so I put tape down. It recommends a 0.6 nozzle but printed with the stock 0.4

Last edited:
I print almost exclusively in TPU. I use it a ton for drones. For example, I use a stiffer TPU for my GoPro mounts, and I design thicker areas with honeycomb infill which absorbs the force of crashes. Works great in all temps.
Which TPU do you prefer?

Which TPU do you prefer?
i am not terribly particular about my TPU. I have a bunch of roles of sainsmart from Amazon. I have found that it prints way better if you use a filament drier.

I also use it for my motor cooling shrouds/fan mounts. I don’t shred many fans, maybe because the TPU mounts dampen shocks better than aluminum mounts.

i am not terribly particular about my TPU. I have a bunch of roles of sainsmart from Amazon. I have found that it prints way better if you use a filament drier.

I also use it for my motor cooling shrouds/fan mounts. I don’t shred many fans, maybe because the TPU mounts dampen shocks better than aluminum mounts.
How do you mount fans using TPU?

How do you mount fans using TPU?

You can use Screws, just like any other mount.. TPU will hold screws just fine if there is enough purchase area..

Oh man, I use it for alot of things..

Gaskets
Mud guards
Center shaft covers
Bushings
Bumper springs
Wings
Vibration isolation
Body skids
Shock bump stops
Motor support's
Inner fenders
Phone case's
Feet for cabinets and benches
Prosthetic purposes
Grommets

Really endless possibilities 👍
Erm, center shaft covers you say? I was planning on trying to design something for this particular purpose, to prevent rocks from getting stuck in between the chassis and the shaft and grinding the thing away. Curious as to what you created!

Erm, center shaft covers you say? I was planning on trying to design something for this particular purpose, to prevent rocks from getting stuck in between the chassis and the shaft and grinding the thing away. Curious as to what you created!

Hit thingiverse.. mine is there as well as another member's.. I only did the lwb chassis.. he did both in a variation of my design.. 👍

Hit thingiverse.. mine is there as well as another member's.. I only did the lwb chassis.. he did both in a variation of my design.. 👍
Super cool. Do you have a pic by any chance of what it looks like installed? I’ve only got flex TPU and I’m wondering if it’ll be too flexible for this application, may have to get something less spaghetti-like.

Super cool. Do you have a pic by any chance of what it looks like installed? I’ve only got flex TPU and I’m wondering if it’ll be too flexible for this application, may have to get something less spaghetti-like.
I probably do . I'll look.. but the ones posted by the other member have pictures in the listing of thingiverse..

The shaft cover is tpu.. the lower plates should be stiff plastic.. pla at the least..👍

I printed mine in PETG and they were okay, but they would break on hard impacts.

Then I printed in nylon and they’ve held up perfectly.

Ah, I finally found it. Definitely planning on printing these and/or remixing them. I assume I will need the correct length for the XLWB (which is what the Kraton 4S V2 has) and it doesn't look like it exists yet in this design, so looks like I've got a new project to remix. Or at least give it an honest effort!

This is what I'm referring to: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4654772

Now if I can get this damn TPU to print properly I could actually try it out.

Ah, I finally found it. Definitely planning on printing these and/or remixing them. I assume I will need the correct length for the XLWB (which is what the Kraton 4S V2 has) and it doesn't look like it exists yet in this design, so looks like I've got a new project to remix. Or at least give it an honest effort!

Yes those are the ones I was referring to..

Mwb and xlwb hadn't existed yet when we did all those files .. good luck on your remix sir..👍

Yes those are the ones I was referring to..

Mwb and xlwb hadn't existed yet when we did all those files .. good luck on your remix sir..👍
You da man, thank you. And I actually just got TPU printing well again, so I'm really looking forward to printing this. #savetheshafts

I'm not sure you should print that file in TPU. You'll want a more rigid material since that part holds the motor mount in place.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back