Zeee, can you take me high-IR!? (Damned Yankees😎)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnowAir

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
Perhaps a PSA..and a chance for @SrC To say "I told ya so". 😉🤣
I bought a pair of Zeee 4s 7200 120C batteries a month ago for $100. Good deal I thought. I have used Zeee batteries many times over the past few years and been satisfied. Initially, I ran these in my stock Xmaxx and all seemed well and good. I just got a K8S v1 rtr about a week ago. I ran them in it, truck seemed soft but I wasn't sure if it was due to the stock Firma 1250kv 4985 or what. I dropped a Firma 1100kv 5687 in, 26t pinion, eh, still seems soft. Then my brother came out Saturday with his O8S exb, Max6/1100 equipped. We did some speed runs up and down my driveway, I got maybe 2 passes before my truck dropped to half speed..huh. After sitting for a couple seconds, takes right off like I expect it too, only to fall on it's face again. Occasionally hitting LVC. So, I checked esc, no flashing lights, nothing is hot. Well, lets throw some Spektrum 5000 100c in and see what happens..whoa!! It came alive! After at least 10 full throttle pulls, no signs of giving up.. so, I guess my Zeees have gone high-IR.. I'm messaging back and forth with Zeee now to see what they have to offer. Take a look at these IR readings..😬😕😔

20231204_071157.jpg

20231204_071244.jpg

20231204_071251.jpg

20231204_071413.jpg

20231204_071421.jpg

Extra points just for the thread title!!!! I'm just glad you weren't referencing Creed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Amz purchase? Can you "return" them still?

I've got some good deal from Zeeeeee, but the last few batteries I've bought have been pretty bogus. Hopefully you can get your money back. Or at least a new pair sent. Just threaten to post nasty reviews if they don't comply!!!

I’ve seen the same in Hoovo’s, but they got much better after being cycled a few times. But the high numbers in the one I remember were all under 20. Yours are up there, man!

Extra points just for the thread title!!!! I'm just glad you weren't referencing Creed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've got some good deal from Zeeeeee, but the last few batteries I've bought have been pretty bogus. Hopefully you can get your money back. Or at least a new pair sent. Just threaten to post nasty reviews if they don't comply!!!
I was channeling Kanye with the title.

Ebay store. My brother bought a bunch of 2s 6500 100 or 120C, they are okay. I have a 2s Dynamite 5000 50c that last longer in the same rig.
I’ve seen the same in Hoovo’s, but they got much better after being cycled a few times. But the high numbers in the one I remember were all under 20. Yours are up there, man!
Yeah, they weren't that high until I put them in the K8 and dropped the hammer. I don't think I've ever been (seen) high-IR!!😜

They asked for pics of the batteries connected to a charger. I sent the ones above, along with a few more..
They may be wanting pics showing the whole getup, like lipos connected to the charger and the screen reading high IR showing all wires? That way you couldn't be duping them with high IR on another battery but saying it's their zeee.

They may be wanting pics showing the whole getup, like lipos connected to the charger and the screen reading high IR showing all wires? That way you couldn't be duping them with high IR on another battery but saying it's their zeee.
Yeah, I tried to capture that but the charger screen was unreadable from that far back..
This is a 2019 Galaxy Crown J7 free from StraightTalk I'm working from here..🤣🤣

20231204_071142.jpg

Yeah, I tried to capture that but the charger screen was unreadable from that far back..
This is a 2019 Galaxy Crown J7 free from StraightTalk I'm working from here..🤣🤣

View attachment 335372

Just hold a white sheet of paper vertically -slightly above the screen while you take a photo.. Your camera should readjust to capture the readings better from the screen.

Just hold a white sheet of paper vertically -slightly above the screen while you take a photo.. Your camera should readjust to capture the readings better from the screen.
Okay, will do. Thanks @Tex Koder . I'm "at work" now, so have to wait till later. See what Zeee says with what I've sent thus far.
On a side note, you can see from my last pic that these are the "other" Zeee batteries. Meaning Zeee has the plain black and blue label batteries, the premium red and black label, then these multi colored label batteries.. I've noticed that the multi colored tend to run cheaper than the other 2. Regardless, I expect them to deliver what's advertised, clearly this set could not. I mean Spektrum 5000 100C doesn't seem to have a problem. Arrma specs 5000 50c minimum I believe, which the Zeee's are clearly higher rated.

Extra points just for the thread title!!!! I'm just glad you weren't referencing Creed
Yeah, NO!!🤣🤣 No Creed on my playlist! LOL. Actually, I don't listen to Damned Yankees either, just the song popped in my head when I saw the ir readings on my charger.🤷‍♂️🤣
Notice my battery voltage went from 3.8v per cell to 4.08v in 38 seconds @5a charge rate? That's not right. Then, after the battery hit about 4.1v the charge rate started dropping, which is normal..then, I stopped the charger, set to storage and restarted. Battery 1 hit storage voltage in like 10 seconds @-.3a!? Yeah, something aint right! 😬😕🤣

Zeee customer service is great. They refunded me when I didn't ask for one and clearly stated the issue wasn't their batteries. I was only asking for hard cased versions of what I had.
Post in thread 'WTF HAPPENED' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/post-599733
Although that bottom soft pack was hardy AF. Still worked 😆

Zeee customer service is great. They refunded me when I didn't ask for one and clearly stated the issue wasn't their batteries. I was only asking for hard cased versions of what I had.
Post in thread 'WTF HAPPENED' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/wtf-happened.43414/post-599733
Although that bottom soft pack was hardy AF. Still worked 😆
Yeah, I have a good sized Ryobi tool bag full of Zeee batteries. Some of which are 3 years old, still going. I'd be perfectly happy if they replace them and the replacements put out the advertised specs. I've never seen ir readings that high. They were fine until I put them in the K8. They are hard case, maybe they have puffed inside but there's no indication from outside, nor did they have any notable heat in them. Weird, almost as if they're labeled wrong? Even if they were only 50c, this shouldn't have happened? I've puffed lipo batteries before by drawing too much from them. They usually get quite warm in my experience?

I just had a zee 6s go up in flames in my 12s dbxle! First lipo fire in 3 years. Covered it in dirt before the fire could do any damage to anything else thankfully. But I have had plenty of zees that treat me just fine. Hopefully they do you good

Oh no, that's scary!! I was thinking that while watching my K8 like a hawk for any signs of smoke.. I did take the batteries out, recharge and try them again, same. As I said earlier, I know I'm scraping the barrel with these batteries, and not putting Zeee down, just sharing my first negative experience with them. I'll buy again almost certainly.

Anyone know if there's a way to share photos via ebay messages? I checked the box to receive copies of messages to my email, thought I was sending photos to the Zeee Ebay store via email but that doesn't work apparently. I've asked them for an email address to send photos to. See how goes. Between different time zones and language barriers, a frustrating process I'm finding. LOL

Anyone know if there's a way to share photos via ebay messages? I checked the box to receive copies of messages to my email, thought I was sending photos to the Zeee Ebay store via email but that doesn't work apparently. I've asked them for an email address to send photos to. See how goes. Between different time zones and language barriers, a frustrating process I'm finding. LOL
Phone or PC? There should be a little camera icon next to where you write the messages (phone app) that you can use to take pictures or add some to the message. Had to do that with some fasteners I ordered a ways back. I ordered m3 washers, and one of the baggies had a sticker that said m3, but the washers were at least m6 or bigger :LOL:

Phone or PC? There should be a little camera icon next to where you write the messages (phone app) that you can use to take pictures or add some to the message. Had to do that with some fasteners I ordered a ways back. I ordered m3 washers, and one of the baggies had a sticker that said m3, but the washers were at least m6 or bigger :LOL:
Phone, browser. I have a taboo about putting apps on my phone. I use my phone's browser to access everything. There are no icons or widgets I can find, just an empty dialog box to type my message in.

Screenshot_20231205-085031_Samsung Internet.jpg

Phone, browser. I have a taboo about putting apps on my phone. I use my phone's browser to access everything. There are no icons or widgets I can find, just an empty dialog box to type my message in.

View attachment 335514
Can you copy a picture to the clipboard and then when you enter the message window, try to "paste" the picture?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back