ZTW Beast Pro 220a ESC anyone run it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its going in my Talion that is a week or so out from being done. I did buy the program card from banggood and it looks just like the Hobbywing one. I cant take a pick of it because I'm at work. if you need one lmk. I can give you the number as well because there was some confusion as to which card would work.
I will revisit this thread when I get it together. Only thing is I will be running just the stock Arrma 4072 (or what ever it is) to save a little weight on that rig so it wont really be a test for it.

Sorry, I’m like a glacier. I have the program card but have not put it in anything yet. Once I lose a BLX185 in one of my 6s rigs I’ll try it.
Good luck man. It seems that they’re pretty stout if you get a good one.

Any updates on this esc? Looking at 1 now but I’m hesitant to pull the trigger until i get some real feedback from end users

Any 1st hand knowledge would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys

Any updates on this esc? Looking at 1 now but I’m hesitant to pull the trigger until i get some real feedback from end users

Any 1st hand knowledge would be much appreciated!

Thanks guys
I started this thread a while back when I bought one of these on sale. It’s still not in anything. I’m waiting until one of my blx esc fail. The only reviews I found were a France guy who seemed to like it but I could understand a word he said. It comes with wires already soldered to the esc with no connectors. Also no way to program it with out the card. I will update this someday...

I started this thread a while back when I bought one of these on sale. It’s still not in anything. I’m waiting until one of my blx esc fail. The only reviews I found were a France guy who seemed to like it but I could understand a word he said. It comes with wires already soldered to the esc with no connectors. Also no way to program it with out the card. I will update this someday...

Thank you sir.

Well, I wanted to run this in my talion with my spare rocket 4685 motor. The card I have does not work. It is either a bad card or not the right one. Ztw website is no help, very few YouTube videos, which are somewhat helpful but no solutions. Tried ever way possible and it just says “ready to connect esc”. Only have forward and brake and whatever other settings are factory set. There goes another Saturday morning I’ll never get back. If I get this working I’ll be back. From now on I think I will just stick to hw. I really hate rc stuff that needs cards, firmware, smart phones or pc to use. I’m sure all you guys are great at it but I’m not. So I cannot recommend this esc and card. Btw I can’t update the ztw firmware because I’m on a Mac and not pc with ms...

Well, I wanted to run this in my talion with my spare rocket 4685 motor. The card I have does not work. It is either a bad card or not the right one. Ztw website is no help, very few YouTube videos, which are somewhat helpful but no solutions. Tried ever way possible and it just says “ready to connect esc”. Only have forward and brake and whatever other settings are factory set. There goes another Saturday morning I’ll never get back. If I get this working I’ll be back. From now on I think I will just stick to hw. I really hate rc stuff that needs cards, firmware, smart phones or pc to use. I’m sure all you guys are great at it but I’m not. So I cannot recommend this esc and card. Btw I can’t update the ztw firmware because I’m on a Mac and not pc with ms...
I bought one of those waterproof hobbywing escs and there was no way to adjust anything on it without the discontinued program card that Hobbyking no longer sells. The LVC was set at 3.0v, the drag brake was default to 25%, the brake force was maybe 10%, reverse speed was 25% thankfully it died so it gives me an excuse to get another Hobbywing 10BL60.

Yaaaay, I found the proper card and it actually works! https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZTW-Beast-Pro-Brushless-ESC-Speed-Control-LCD-Program-Setup-Card/392749224532?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
The one from Banggood is for the 200/300a beast so there you go, why would you want the same beast card for both...pictured below are the two cards. There are no model numbers or clues as to which one is which except the working card has gold lettering. Programming directions are nonexistent, (there are some on the internet but either do not work or are incomplete) there’s like 30 things you can program on this thing of about 10 which I know what they do. Braking, timing, boost, linear this and linear that, curves etc. To get the most out of this would be to know what you’re doing and run a sensored motor. I am neither but I will be able to tell you if I blow this thing up. Going to try a 23t with the rocket 1580kv and go from there.
Not sure what tires. I broke one of my katars messing around with this esc when it shot off the stand and nearly destroyed my bench. Rocket motor has a little torque...
I think it is best to get the Hobbystar version of this s from rcjuice. (Non existent when I bought this from bg) It’s a little more money but he has the program card on the site so there’s no guess work which I had to do. (I did not check to see if that card works with this esc...) I’ll check back With performance and temps, pinion tires...
15560A76-B5EF-45E5-B8DE-CF54B92D8734.jpeg
30E2A94B-F4A0-4E0A-A1B0-9A0380BA5341.jpeg
C75AC748-8B1B-42CC-9BBA-066638D39315.jpeg

Ran this today and it seems to handle the 4585 with 23t pinion just fine. At the end of the pack motor was at 175f esc around 120f. Could not use the Katars so I went with a set of redcat kaiju tires I have. Temps will be lower once I get replacement katars. As far as speed it is very hard to go further than 3/4 throttle before lift off in my bouncy dirt lot. 2nd pack I broke both rear shock ends on an out of control jump so could not get through that one. I need to adjust the brake. It’s at 37.5% and needs more, punch needs turned down. I don’t remember where it’s at but it more than it should be. Other than a motor fan and katars it doesn’t need anything. I think I can get the k8s heatsink and fan on it. Might even gear it up...

Well, I cooked this thing the other day. In the middle of a run the car stopped, no steering or throttle. I figured it thermaled. Checked the temps on the esc and it was around 160f which is far from the middle setting of 205f where I had it set... Anyway I turned the car off and ran the k8s for a few minutes and went back to see if it would work. I noticed with the switch off the esc continued to heat up without me knowing. Temp was 235f! Unplugged it and continued my playtime with the k8s and 6s.

Tonight for fun I plugged in a battery. The esc will turn on but I only get steering and nothing else. The esc gets nuclear in seconds so it’s toast. Oh well, I really wanted to like these as they are so nicely made, seem to have good specs, tons of programming, sensored and will fit almost anything. Oh well, there you go, back to the blx system in the talion for now...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back