Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for not updating anything in a while but I got myself my first kraton 6s and I've been lately using that so kinda put this build off but I shall return to getting it completely done soon..yes it's running and I'll try to post a vid soon 🤟

Cant wait to see the finished Truck..
It's a rainy day today so I'm going to work on the original body a little more.i put it off because I I've been working on two other speed body's that are more useful than the original Big Rock body cover.im going to mod and stretch it then install the led light system back on it.This cover is more for show and really not meant to do speed runs, it's not aerodynamic enough.It is a truck body ,that says enough right there..I do have photos in this thread of the Ford GT cover I modded for this 32" stretched chassis.GT cover not finished either.i also have bought a nice FC 100 cover that was painted by @StephenSchandelmayer and I added my own flare to it also.adding about 4" to the top rear and also covering the rear sides to conceal the rear wheels.i shall post pics soon.👍 Thank you for stopping in

Wow I'm seeing some new visitors here and also @Dan B. I barely see you pop in here.thank you for stopping by.i sometimes forget about sharing what I've been doing because I feel like I'm just mumbling to my self lol but I will post more pics and updates.This build is long over due and should have been finished months ago.the kraton has taken me off it ..😁. I swear using the kraton 6s all week then taking this out for a few passes ,the kraton makes this build so quiet lol.No comparing a 6s to a 3s lol .I need to drop the MM2 castle 2650 kv in this .anyways enough mumbling again lol.thank you again all for stopping by🤟

Wow I'm seeing some new visitors here and also @Dan B. I barely see you pop in here.thank you for stopping by.i sometimes forget about sharing what I've been doing because I feel like I'm just mumbling to my self lol but I will post more pics and updates.This build is long over due and should have been finished months ago.the kraton has taken me off it ..😁. I swear using the kraton 6s all week then taking this out for a few passes ,the kraton makes this build so quiet lol.No comparing a 6s to a 3s lol .I need to drop the MM2 castle 2650 kv in this .anyways enough mumbling again lol.thank you again all for stopping by🤟
Thanks for leaving the light on for us.

Center drive shaft is in place .I did have the front diff in when I was test fitting.i ended up using a swb and a lwb shaft and then merging both with the slipper shaft .when I tryed to use both lwb shafts it just made the chassis to way to long and I was concerned about the body cover not fitting .I tryed numerous ways to think of best way to fully extend both body covers and I would allways come inches short.so the best option was using 1swb and 1 swb.i haven't measured the total length of the chassis yet but I gained at least 6 inches longer than the original chassis.ill get exact measurements when I brace the chassis have everything together.i already have started also on the body.both body covers have been cut and still trying to figure out a few things.im still undecided on what I want to do.i have 3 ways to do it.also going to modify the hood of the BRcc.been looking at some other cool things I'll be adding and changing.ill keep you all posted with more photos .

View attachment 251865

Also been drawing out some designs on a custom spoiler. And on my ideas on paint work .not sure if I'm going to go with a solid color or two tone or if I'm going to use graphics or not.undecided.. this week I'll be mainly working on getting this all braced up and then start putting it all back together.body cover will take the longest .

Sorry for posting duplicate photos lol.
Nice, lots of people get ideas and don't go through them... I bought 2 big rocks 2 granites and made a Sledge and a Kraton 6S, Not much mods to doATT ALL. , main thing is to buy the arms of a Kraton 4S V2 and then Bodies. The sledge snaps on really good.

Nice, lots of people get ideas and don't go through them... I bought 2 big rocks 2 granites and made a Sledge and a Kraton 6S, Not much mods to doATT ALL. , main thing is to buy the arms of a Kraton 4S V2 and then Bodies. The sledge snaps on really good.
you have to change the spur gear and I put on
Hatchet MT 3.8" Mounted 1/2" Offset Black Tires (2)DTXC3588
Qty: 2
Plus a couple other small details

So you bought the arms of a kraton to make a sledge?🤔
I'm definitely going through this build .it's almost done as far as the extension and it's running well .I only have little small things to do like bling wise and of course getting the body extended.but for my speed runs I'm using a fc100 cover and I'll post pics when I'm done with it .I also have to get my led lights back on.problem is the FC 100 cover does not allow easy application.so I'll have to customize..which is what I love to do..as shown in a few pages back I bought a light system that's long enough to fit this 32" chassis.ill drop more pics and updates as I proceed.thanks for stopping by👍😁

Last edited:
The Big Rock and the kraton have the same chassis, what really changes is how wide they are. Comparing the sizes to the 6s versions of the Kraton and Sledge, its around 1 to 2 inches difference in length. You can also look into the XL chassis or streach it like this guy did The Sledge Shell comes with all the clips on it, then all you need is to do small mods to adjust the base of the shell on the Big rock with either carbon fiber of Polycarbonate for durability. I did it, Its not %100 Sledge but its close to it. If you want a %100 The you need to buy one. If you like to mod and experiment give it a shot, the streach of the big rock looks good. I'll add some pictures later on or tomorrow.

The Big Rock and the kraton have the same chassis, what really changes is how wide they are. Comparing the sizes to the 6s versions of the Kraton and Sledge, its around 1 to 2 inches difference in length. You can also look into the XL chassis or streach it like this guy did The Sledge Shell comes with all the clips on it, then all you need is to do small mods to adjust the base of the shell on the Big rock with either carbon fiber of Polycarbonate for durability. I did it, Its not %100 Sledge but its close to it. If you want a %100 The you need to buy one. If you like to mod and experiment give it a shot, the streach of the big rock looks good. I'll add some pictures later on or tomorrow.
Ummm 🤔 thanks? I'm not sure if you ran through my build thread but I've already achieved what I wanted to do.Which was to build the longest Big rock in the world .😁👍 I am very aware of the kraton 4s sharing the same chassis.But I went a different route.i could re explain why but that's what this thread is for .as of now he is 32" long and I just need a few little things to do..as I have mentioned I'm now just playing around with ideas of which way I should I go to extend the body.i just need to choose which one . anything longer than 32" and you'll start having issues with the length of the center drive shaft.it won't be stable at high speeds.this is a speedster build not a basher .for the plastic drive shaft this is the perfect length.if I wanted it to be any longer I would just make a chassis from carbon fiber and then add a center diff .but umm yeah 👍 I was going to post make a vid soon but stupid ass me stuck the sd micro card backwards in my action cam and now it's shoves deep to the point I take this cam apart lol.ill post pics soon of the led light system and the body covers when I'm done thanks
The sledge is only 23.78 inches including wing.Big Papa long Rock takes it by 9 inches ..that makes me 😁👍.

Ummm 🤔 thanks? I'm not sure if you ran through my build thread but I've already achieved what I wanted to do.Which was to build the longest Big rock in the world .😁👍 I am very aware of the kraton 4s sharing the same chassis.But I went a different route.i could re explain why but that's what this thread is for .as of now he is 32" long and I just need a few little things to do..as I have mentioned I'm now just playing around with ideas of which way I should I go to extend the body.i just need to choose which one . anything longer than 32" and you'll start having issues with the length of the center drive shaft.it won't be stable at high speeds.this is a speedster build not a basher .for the plastic drive shaft this is the perfect length.if I wanted it to be any longer I would just make a chassis from carbon fiber and then add a center diff .but umm yeah 👍 I was going to post make a vid soon but stupid ass me stuck the sd micro card backwards in my action cam and now it's shoves deep to the point I take this cam apart lol.ill post pics soon of the led light system and the body covers when I'm done thanks

The sledge is only 23.78 inches including wing.Big Papa long Rock takes it by 9 inches ..that makes me 😁👍.
Good response😂

Well update? No not really ,but I've been using my old Garmin for my speed passes and Im done with this thing to be honest.every time I want to use it I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to locate satellites. So I've been looking for a SkyRc gnss glonass gps performance analyzer.i found a seller on eBay ( my favorite place to shop)😁 I found the newest version that comes with the Type c charging port.👍.bran new I won the Auction for $52.99 plus 6 dollars shipping.

Screenshot_20230810-201552.png

Screenshot_20230810-201623.png

Screenshot_20230810-191353.png

Screenshot_20230810-201445.png

Screenshot_20230810-201510.png

Screenshot_20230810-201527.png

The seller makes his own 3d case's for these things and he is throwing one in for me and comes with a Velcro strap,I can also mount this permanently seller added holes to the back of it.i believe I got a great deal.ive seen these analyzers sell for well over 80 .well I sooped 😆can't wait to get it.cant wait to use all the options on this thing.

Last edited:
Well update? No not really ,but I've been using my old Garmin for my speed passes and Im done with this thing to be honest.every time I want to use it I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to locate satellites. So I've been looking for a SkyRc gnss glonass gps performance analyzer.i found a seller on eBay ( my favorite place to shop)😁 I found the newest version that comes with the Type c charging port.👍.bran new I won the Auction for $52.99 plus 6 dollars shipping.

View attachment 316443

View attachment 316444

View attachment 316445

View attachment 316446

View attachment 316447

View attachment 316448
The seller makes his own 3d case's for these things and he is throwing one in for me and comes with a Velcro strap,I can also mount this permanently seller added holes to the back of it.i believe I got a great deal.ive seen these analyzers sell for well over 80 .well I sooped 😆can't wait to get it.cant wait to use all the options on this thing.
Nice! I just got mine 2 days ago. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

Nice! I just got mine 2 days ago. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet.
Does yours have the type c port ? It's supposed to be a lot better than the old micro port.almost every cell phone charger I had with that micro were all junk at some point.pins get ruined

Back