Big Rock 💪 BIG PAPA LONG ROCK 32" stretched speedster build. KING OF ALL ROCKS 👍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More things I got recently
40mm dual fans by Iron Man RC.with carbon fiber fan shields.with clamp . staying away from heat sink .I'll post pics soon .
Also bought a 2s lipo to run these separately.

Screenshot_20230810-215924.png

The lipo is nothing special.just something to get the fans running and in the future I'll upgrade it to something better.😁👍 For now it'll have to do

Does yours have the type c port ? It's supposed to be a lot better than the old micro port.almost every cell phone charger I had with that micro were all junk at some point.pins get ruined
Yep! It’s the GSM020 w/usb C. Have yet to turn it on yet lol

My GNSS uses the old style charge port. Never had an issue with it. Those start having issues when you jam the plug in crooked, or pull it out at an angle in my experience. The piece in the middle bends easily then makes a bad contact.
I'm going to have to buy another 1 though because the last 2 times I used mine it wouldn't power down. Just stayed on till the battery died. No idea what kind of glitchy crap its pulling but I've got 2.5 or more years out if it so...

You still aiming to stay around 80mph with big papa?

Update on well not parts but things I need for my RC hobby..my skyRC GNSs performance analyzer came in to day .also 3d printed case with strap😁👍 it is charging.
😁
Also the 2s lipo for my dual fans also came in 😁👍
I also had to buy a jst plug for the charger because I don't have one and without it I can't charge it lol .and I also bought new lipo's 3s 5200 mah 80c for my kraton.

Attachments

• IMG_20230814_123227160.jpg
    IMG_20230814_123227160.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230814_123203712.jpg
    IMG_20230814_123203712.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20230814_123147125.jpg
    IMG_20230814_123147125.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 37
  • 16920325537796577999559838520821.jpg
    16920325537796577999559838520821.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230814-130740.png
    Screenshot_20230814-130740.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20230814-130849.png
    Screenshot_20230814-130849.png
    466.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My GNSS uses the old style charge port. Never had an issue with it. Those start having issues when you jam the plug in crooked, or pull it out at an angle in my experience. The piece in the middle bends easily then makes a bad contact.
I'm going to have to buy another 1 though because the last 2 times I used mine it wouldn't power down. Just stayed on till the battery died. No idea what kind of glitchy crap its pulling but I've got 2.5 or more years out if it so...

You still aiming to stay around 80mph with big papa?
80🤔 mine as well go for 😁💯

Today I got around to getting my 16 led light system hooked up.the system I bought is from KY RC and they are situated in China so my instructions well there were none.i cant read chinese.so i had to figure out what wires went where.so on the front there is 8 led lights .both left and right blinkers are orange led .two ice blue fog lights left and right then two white led driving lamps left and right then two white led lights as day time running lights.head lamps on come on when i press throttle..I love the orange blinking directionals awesome effect when i turn .the system also has strobe mode .and a all lights flash mode and i noticed when i turn the receiver off it has a dimming mode .now I have to tuck all the wiring neatly.its a mess now and my OCD is starting to kick up a notch.😁I'll post pics when i get these installed on to my fc 100 cover . somewhere a few pages back you'll see the light system I got ,if anyone that stops in here gets one ,ask me I'll help you..I'll drop more updates when it's all together and get it running with the body 👍I'll post a vid of them on through different modes

IMG_20230824_214136472.jpg

IMG_20230824_213808504.jpg

😁👍
One thing I don't like about the set up is why in the world do they have fog lights on the rear harnesses lol🤷I'm going to have add them to the front they seem to allways stay on so I could use them as more fog lights 👍thanks china

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_214052630.jpg
    IMG_20230824_214052630.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230824_213837420.jpg
    IMG_20230824_213837420.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
One thing I don't like about the set up is why in the world do they have fog lights on the rear harnesses lol🤷I'm going to have add them to the front they seem to allways stay on so I could use them as more fog lights 👍thanks china

Over here in the UK, it's a legal requirement for 1/1 cars to have rear fog lights, but not front fog lights. Not sure if it's the same in China or other countries.

It's looking good, post some pics up once you get the light system all set up with the body on (y)

Over here in the UK, it's a legal requirement for 1/1 cars to have rear fog lights, but not front fog lights. Not sure if it's the same in China or other countries.

It's looking good, post some pics up once you get the light system all set up with the body on (y)
Neither are required here.. Merica!!
More like an accessory 🥸

Thanks bud .😁👍I just got home from 11 hour shift so gonna shower up then get these wires all cleaned up ..so I figured out why this system has rear fog lights.this is really made for crawler's .I sent a email to KY RC and they responded back with that answer.i did some research and it makes sense .a lot of different kinds of trucks and crawler's have them figs in the rear as spot lamps .I chose this system because it was the only one with a harness that was 34" long .my chassis is 32" so to me it made sense..here in the u.s having fog lights on a passenger car makes no sense and actually wouldn't work on a road because others travel behind you and having fog lamps in your face would be horrible.lol good way to get a ticket fast I would say..anyways I'm jump on this soon.i will post a vid of them working .👍

Finally got a chance to jump back on this build that seems a never ending one ..last night I installed aluminum shock mounts. Now I'm able to adjust ,where before stock gave me no adjustments ..I also cleaned up a lot of the wires to the led light system .all tucked nice and neat for the most part .I'll be installing the rest inside the body cover tonight..👍I'll keep the updates rolling in boys

IMG_20231001_213755205.jpg

IMG_20231001_213248270.jpg

IMG_20231001_230145826.jpg

IMG_20231001_214733177.jpg

Finally got a chance to jump back on this build that seems a never ending one ..last night I installed aluminum shock mounts. Now I'm able to adjust ,where before stock gave me no adjustments ..I also cleaned up a lot of the wires to the led light system .all tucked nice and neat for the most part .I'll be installing the rest inside the body cover tonight..👍I'll keep the updates rolling in boys

View attachment 325263

View attachment 325264

View attachment 325265

View attachment 325266
Nice sneakers...I've been an Air Max 97 fan since 97!!! LOL. I'm an OG sneakerhead...going back to the early 80s.

Nice sneakers...I've been an Air Max 97 fan since 97!!! LOL. I'm an OG sneakerhead...going back to the early 80s.
Ummm 🤔thanks lol ,I was expecting you to say yo that's one dope ass rig brotha,😁but ya love my kicks instead lol .yeah I'm nothing but a Nike fan .I wouldn't think of wearing anything else..👍

View attachment 325263

View attachment 325264

View attachment 325265

View attachment 325266
Just spent the last half hour reading this thread. This is a pretty amazing build and it seems to evolve as time goes by. I'm the type of person who tries to get it all done in one night, so I commend you on your patience to get it just right before hitting the road with it. Looking forward to seeing the completed truck, whenever that might be.

Just spent the last half hour reading this thread. This is a pretty amazing build and it seems to evolve as time goes by. I'm the type of person who tries to get it all done in one night, so I commend you on your patience to get it just right before hitting the road with it. Looking forward to seeing the completed truck, whenever that might be.
Thank you ,thank you😍.I appreciate the compliment very much.. between working 10 hours every day and weekends and spending time with the wifey and my son's it's been hard to get this done .that and I'm allways thinking of doing more to it so it's never getting finished anytime soon..But I have used it a lot during this past summer and I'm very happy with how it runs ..no issues at all .being how long the center drive shaft is ,it doesn't shake or vibrate at all ,I've hit 74 mph with it so far and I couldn't be more content..I will someday post a vid .that I promise..👍 I'm still working on modifying both big rock body covers to make one big long one.basically been chopping up one of them and adding sections to the other .. that's whats going to take the longest. I do use two other body covers for my speed runs .one is a Ford GT cover which I believe I posted a few pics of it in here somewhere and the other is a FC 100 that I'm going to add lights to it tonight..I use this the most .as for the big rock custom extended body will be used just for show .no bashing ,no speed passes.thank you ,for Taking a half an hour of your life to read my boring thread lol.👍 thank you to everyone that shows up in here..stay tuned for more updates

I'm working on it right now ..😁👍 probably won't post pics tonight because it won't be done .I'm waiting on the 3rd channel cable for the controller . without it I can't do other options other than the standard ones .. can't show the strobe lights or my favorite which is the breathing option which makes the lights dim high to low in a sequence .gives the effect that the Rc is taking in breaths and letting it out .pretty cool effect..I plan to make a short video so you all can see .👍
Should be here by Saturday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231004-194346.png
    Screenshot_20231004-194346.png
    751.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20231004-194257.png
    Screenshot_20231004-194257.png
    361.6 KB · Views: 39
Wow, just caught up on this build thread! What a cool project! Props for having a vision and going for it, this thing is nutty and I love it. My first Arrma was a big rock and it seems like people don't usually do crazy custom projects off that platform, very cool to see. Keep the updates coming when you can, this rocks!

Wow, just caught up on this build thread! What a cool project! Props for having a vision and going for it, this thing is nutty and I love it. My first Arrma was a big rock and it seems like people don't usually do crazy custom projects off that platform, very cool to see. Keep the updates coming when you can, this rocks!
Thank you so much.i must admit I've been a bit busy and a little lazy at updating 😬.I apologize,I have been working on it still and I just have throw some more pics up of what I've done more to it lately.you are right ,not to many choose to go nuts like I have on the Big Rock 💪but I'll make sure mine goes to full extreme 👍.again thanks for the compliment ,it inspires me to push ahead.
I'm in need of aluminum body posts🤔 I need ones that are long .if anyone knows of any that would work plz send me some links .it's either that or I might just go to the local hardware store and get me some aluminum rods and drill holes on them and make my own ,which is probably best only because I love to customize,👍

here in the u.s having fog lights on a passenger car makes no sense and actually wouldn't work on a road because others travel behind you and having fog lamps in your face would be horrible.lol good way to get a ticket fast I would say..anyways I'm jump on this soon.i will post a vid of them working .👍
Rear fog lights (like was mentioned above for UK/Euro use and many others) aren’t what you’re thinking of. They’re not white or amber lights blinding the cars behind you, they’re actually just bright red lights, like a slightly brighter brake light that keeps overtaking cars from driving up your bunghole in poor visibility conditions.

Back