Mojave 🔥Off Road Speed Run Thread🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoc85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Outcast 6s
Rules:
- Any Terrain bar Asphalt/Blacktop, Concrete, Bitumen or any road base….. run that sucker in the snow if you think you can pull a good number.
- Display the GPS before and after the pass.
- If you want you can show the voltage but not really necessary. The highest number is the goal.
- Everything else is free reign.

I’m happy to keep track of the top 5 numbers unless someone else is keen to take over the scoring. Let us know if you do.

The goal is 100MPH Off Road and after today I think it will be a little more challenging than I originally thought.
With todays run I was sure I was going to pull a better number than that. I did run with bald tyres though 🤦‍♂️

@MambaSenton, @Moirae, ….. Get amongst this!!!!! and anyone else who wants to have a crack.
[MEDIA=youtube]gkerRTCMxYg[/MEDIA]

[ATTACH type="full" alt="1288EEA2-9727-4B43-8C0F-4EB4DC7BD16A.png"]243336[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 1288EEA2-9727-4B43-8C0F-4EB4DC7BD16A.png
    1288EEA2-9727-4B43-8C0F-4EB4DC7BD16A.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
well you guys arent going to like my normal speedrun spot very much for this; but i don't have a very fast grass buggy anyway... hahah

I get a 700' runup on my 6S Typhon before transitioning to a soccer field, or the other way to a dirt lot... hmmm... have been meaning to buy some basher tires for it...

1663082899926.png

Last edited:
Shoot I want to take my 131mph Mojave off road now. Gonna need some 100mph off-road tires tho. I think the belted Katars are the best option I’ve seen.

Shoot I want to take my 131mph Mojave off road now. Gonna need some 100mph off-road tires tho. I think the belted Katars are the best option I’ve seen.
I don’t think it’s been done too many times and after having a crack at it I can see why.
It would be cool to see a member on here do it though……. maybe @Diem Turner can knock up one of his Certificate’s for a 100MPH Off Road Style 😎

I don’t think it’s been done too many times and after having a crack at it I can see why.
It would be cool to see a member on here do it though……. maybe @Diem Turner can knock up one of his Certificate’s for a 100MPH Off Road Style 😎
You know it!! (y)

I guess I didn’t mention anything about Gradient 🤔
On days it’s not windy I’ve done up and down, speeds were always within 1-2 mph of each other. Regardless this is just testing to go full throttle and not flip over. I can go to a more “official area” and do a pass on big flats. But no point driving out in the dunes to find a spot until I can put all the power to the ground first. This spot here is super quick to walk to from street so this is the testing area I guess.

Last edited:
On days it’s not windy I’ve done up and down, speeds were always within 1-2 mph of each other. Regardless this is just testing to go full throttle and not flip over. I can go to a more “official area” and do a pass on big flats. But no point driving out in the dunes to find a spot until I can put all the power to the ground first. This spot here is super quick to walk to from street so this is the testing area I guess.
damn, it parachuted right over

New field. Soccer game at the regular. This one is longer but bumpier. Its cold and damp today but not bad.
74.1 mph, Kraton Difs, 18 pinion, Stock Electronics, Hoovo 6S 100c 80000mAh Lipo.
Cycling GPS for now, is actuate up till about 95.
I'll be back with a 20 and 22 pinions and some alt tuning for this field.
IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3751.jpeg

Oh and we did some Hill Climbing, very steep grass and rough. Maybe 40' elevation.

New field. Soccer game at the regular. This one is longer but bumpier. Its cold and damp today but not bad.
74.1 mph, Kraton Difs, 18 pinion, Stock Electronics, Hoovo 6S 100c 80000mAh Lipo.
Cycling GPS for now, is actuate up till about 95.
I'll be back with a 20 and 22 pinions and some alt tuning for this field.
View attachment 246975

View attachment 246976

Oh and we did some Hill Climbing, very steep grass and rough. Maybe 40' elevation.
Did you do that on the Backflips?

Did you do that on the Backflips?
yes, they are working out nicely right now. Cant say what happens over 80.
This field has lots of bumps and clumps of grass. When it grabs onto some of that hard, it starts lifting the nose more and your speed goes down.
Tougher field. Kraton Shocks, I'll try thicker fluid in the front shocks and I have stiffer springs if need be. You can see in this video, its not to bouncy.
Looks slower in the video than it does in person.

yes, they are working out nicely right now. Cant say what happens over 80.
This field has lots of bumps and clumps of grass. When it grabs onto some of that hard, it starts lifting the nose more and your speed goes down.
Tougher field. Kraton Shocks, I'll try thicker fluid in the front shocks and I have stiffer springs if need be. You can see in this video, its not to bouncy.
Looks slower in the video than it does in person.

Yeah it’s definitely the terrain that makes it challenging.
I had the same setup with the Mojave for the grass as I did for the street except I increased the Voltage by 1s for the grass run……..the car ran nearly 20MPH slower.
I did have 800f less to work with on the grass run but I thought it would’ve run quicker than 63.
Just to reiterate a Video will have to be posted to make the Top 5 list with the GPS displayed before and after the run.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back