Kraton Servos for 1/5 exb kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you think of them?
So far so good. Not crazy fast but strong enough. The only thing I have to compare to is the stocker and they are both better. I was just giving these a shot before spending 2-300 on a long term fix.
why are they so cheap
From what I understand the gears on the inside are made from cheaper metals. I'm no servo nerd though..

So far so good. Not crazy fast but strong enough. The only thing I have to compare to is the stocker and they are both better. I was just giving these a shot before spending 2-300 on a long term fix.

From what I understand the gears on the inside are made from cheaper metals. I'm no servo nerd though..
like i said dude ill keep you posted

F15FE2FD-62F2-43DA-8B13-E11A09E94FD0.jpeg

I have a powerhd in my k8s and I still feel like the truck doesn't steer.

Maybe, I just have to get used to the size of the thing

For the servo you would need the 1/5 case to mount it with, i have used powerhd before in other trucks with good luck, seems like decent servos with good durability.

For the arms if you want to try something else buy rpm arms, rpm have very good products, honestly i think stock arms is doing good, rpm in most cases is more flexible and take more beating.

Ask here before you have plans to purchase more upgrades there is a jungle out there, not every brand/upgrades is a upgrade, in some cases a downgrade like with aluminium arms unfortunately :)

What do you think of them?
Hobbystar crapped out today. No warning, or acting weird, just quit turning all of the sudden. What are you running? I guess I'll get a good one this time. I'd like to get the AGFRC but it's nearly 300. The primal is slow?

Hobbystar crapped out today. No warning, or acting weird, just quit turning all of the sudden. What are you running? I guess I'll get a good one this time. I'd like to get the AGFRC but it's nearly 300. The primal is slow?
all the cheap 1/5th servos are slow. I actually had a JX get hot AF and die in my rovan f5 recently. I'm 99% sure the JX 1/5th servo is the same as the primal just rebranded. You either have to buy a cheap servo that is slow and can die or buy an expensive servo that is fast and can still die.

You might be able to fix your servo if you open it up and have a look inside. Ol boy coolter on the discord just recently went through the same thing. Worth poking around in there for sure. They're pretty simple on the inside too so you will definitely spot the problem and whether you can fix it or not.

I have the 70kg primal and yes it’s slow. It’s durable and it’s in a monster truck so I haven’t felt the need to replace it yet. I wouldn’t buy it again though.

I run a Spektrum 9120 in my DBXL and it is a monster. Fast and powerful. Couldn’t ask for more.

I have the 70kg primal and yes it’s slow. It’s durable and it’s in a monster truck so I haven’t felt the need to replace it yet. I wouldn’t buy it again though.

I run a Spektrum 9120 in my DBXL and it is a monster. Fast and powerful. Couldn’t ask for more.
haha man I want that servo. It's hard when you have so many big rigs though. I don't even know which one I'd put it in and I don't think I can buy one for all of them :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Return the aluminum and put the stock plastic arms back on.
Yeah....I had to reason on the 'Metal is not always better" thing for a while a couple years back

metal may look nice

But its true that it causes more harm than good for certain things
I have a couple cheaper alternatives but am prepared to get a "quality" 1/5 servo when they fail. so far so good though.

HobbyStar on ebay

Power HD on ebay
I have the Power HD ...... so far so good.....I know it won't last forever, but it has worked for me so far

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back