Notorious 16 tooth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
For just street bashing and some grass, would it be okay to put the 16t high speed gear in? People say it wheelie better, but it would have less tourque, which confuses me. Please explain.

The 6s systems are so powerful you will barely notice a drop in torque, so yes it will wheelie more.
But more important you will overheat your electronics.
Maybe you shoud take some time and read the manual and the website first.
It's quit clear:

1570630659279.png

more teeth = lower torque (turning pressure), higher speed, higher temps
less teeth = higher torque (turning pressure), lower speed, lower temps

if you are an aggressive driver, 16t is not advisable on grass as you will probably overheat the engine. it will be fine on dirt and the road though.

For just street bashing and some grass, would it be okay to put the 16t high speed gear in? People say it wheelie better, but it would have less tourque, which confuses me. Please explain.
I always run the stock gear on my Outcast 6s and it's a BEAST. Plenty fast. I run mostly on grass and dirt so I'm sticking to stock. I would suggest the same.

No, just wondering why people say it wheelies more, I need to put thicker center diff fluid in anyways, I’ll drive it when I get that done.
Cool I was just wondering the need for the speed pinion. I’m the guy that tries to stop wheelies lol

Ok, I mean, the gyro effect makes it steer a little when it’s wheelieing (how do you spell that?)
You spelt it correctly but a gyro turns the front wheels. Do you have sails attached to the front wheels ???

I run a 16 tooth pinion in my outcast all day every day on all terrain with no over heating issues at all.. I do have a yeah racing fan on the motor, which does help with motor can heat, but I also never had an over heating issue without it.. yes it got warm, but never to the point that would damage anything...

I prefer the 16 tooth in this rig

I ran my Outcast on 17t stock electronics (with a motor fan) for almost a year without any issues. The only time it ever thermaled the ESC was when the fan got clogged with grass clippings. I tested an 18t but it would stutter sometimes from a dead stop if the punch was turned up passed 5 so that was short lived as I usually like to keep the punch settings on the high side.
Throw a 16 in there if you want to, just keep an eye on temps.

I would try playing around with your center diff fluid so get control of thoses wheelies. I'm going to 200k but most people like 500k. You can find alot about that In the fourm. As far as speed the outcast is made to get beat up I know it handles that well.

I seen a few videos of an outcast 6s being used for speed runs because I was curious myself and some people said it felt like they where pushing the truck to hard. So I didnt try to make a speed king out of it. I have a few others rcs for that. But what ever you decide I'm sure it will be fun.

I would try playing around with your center diff fluid so get control of thoses wheelies. I'm going to 200k but most people like 500k. You can find alot about that In the fourm. As far as speed the outcast is made to get beat up I know it handles that well.

I seen a few videos of an outcast 6s being used for speed runs because I was curious myself and some people said it felt like they where pushing the truck to hard. So I didnt try to make a speed king out of it. I have a few others rcs for that. But what ever you decide I'm sure it will be fun.
Any of the 6S can be used for speed runs, but the longer the chassis and narrower the arms, the better. That’s why a Typhon as a base is very popular. Some will stretch it even further with a Kraton chassis. Basically, the longer and narrower you can make it, the more stable it will be at speed.

I think that speed pinion+6s+high grass= over heat
Speed pinion+4s+high grass=ok
Stock pinion+6s+high grass=ok

I must add that I run two/three lipos after each other without a break.

I think that speed pinion+6s+high grass= over heat
Speed pinion+4s+high grass=ok
Stock pinion+6s+high grass=ok

I must add that I run two/three lipos after each other without a break.
Show off ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back