Kraton K4s v2.5 - rear wheels "look" inward?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaleus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hi all!

New to RC. I have this shiny Kraton 4S v2.5. Never driven it, waiting for good weather.
Noticed that its rear wheels are looking kinda inwards, they are not parallel to the body, if looked at from above. If that makes sense. Is this how it should be or it needs adjustments? There's zero information about it in the manual, sadly.

Any thoughts/tips are welcome! Thank you.

20240129_224044.jpg

Frame 131.png
20240129_224128.jpg

Frame 132.png

Rear should be toed in and fronts toed out.

1706630018190.png

You want slight toe-in in the rear while keeping the front end straight or slightly toed-out
Front end:
- Toe out: Inside wheel has more turning angle than outside wheel. Entry steering will increase and will decrease on mid/corner exit. Front end will be more stable as it becomes less twitchy
- Toe in: inside wheel turns less than outside wheel. Lose of corner ability and stability. Undesired effect.

Rear end:
- Toe in: rear end wheels point to the inside. Both wheels pushes each other, creating an effect where the rear end tries to center the front end. Usually results in better grip and more stability.
- Toe out: undesired effect. Each traction wheel wants to go opposite sides. Rear end becomes very unestable

That's the way it's set from the factory..
A bit of pigeon toe-ed.

Personally, I feel it's a bit too much.

However, it does torque itself out (straightened a tad) once you squeeze that trigger.. for Big Power!
Then all your worries about that pigeon-toeing goes away..
And only a Big Arss Grin gets plastered on your face!
🤣

& Welcome to the Forum!!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, much appreciated! Wiser every day =)
All that info must be in the manual. Including the "Big Arss Grin" part :D

That part is actually in their motto, front & center..

Don't just Bash, BLAST!

Once you get a little taste..
You'll want More!

Just make sure you find a large Open field Before you let her loose..

Last edited:
That part is actually in their motto, front & center..

Don't just Bash, BLAST!

Once you get a little taste..
You'll want More!

Just make sure you find a large Open field Before you let her loose..
Good point. Need to scout around. Once the snow melts and it's dry(ish), I must be prepared =)
Until then...please find attached a useful PDF :cool:
Very nice. Thank you! That's a good evening read for me =)

Until then...please find attached a useful PDF :cool:
It's rather sad that considering Jason's racing pedigree and his working for both Team Corally and HPI that this info is missing from the manuals. I mean they don't even have anything like this on their website. Hell Traxxas has something similar to that on their website.

Just an example this is their shock guide. https://traxxas.com/news/suspension-tuning-guide-part3

And let's not even mention the plethora of mistakes throughout every manual Arrma has that they are well aware of and yet refuse to fix.

Back