Senton 3.2's on a senton mega

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manwich82

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
While I'm waiting for my T-bone senton mega bumper, I've been playing around with my tire package. I also have a tr-mt10e, which also runs 14mm hex, . The wheels Bolt right on, with no steering clearance issues. Body clearance is another story, but I think proline can help. The monster fusion body should give the clearance I need. Something tells me that this is the conversion that needed to happen. If you don't know about the tr-mt10e head over to the "Other Rc's" thread and look for my "new basher thread. I've got a bunch of pics in there.

Attachments

• IMAG0464.jpg
    IMAG0464.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG0465.jpg
    IMAG0465.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMAG0466.jpg
    IMAG0466.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 106
Well, not sure how it works since the other one is called SENTON, not SENTON 6S. You may be right... Not sure how to move my thread from the Senton section to the Mega section if it's where it should go. Maybe an admin could help?

Well, not sure how it works since the other one is called SENTON, not SENTON 6S. You may be right... Not sure how to move my thread from the Senton section to the Mega section if it's where it should go. Maybe an admin could help?
I didn't even realize that you were the thread starter on it. Oops. I only looked at the replies lol. That also explains why almost all the replies were for the 6S BLX and comparing it to a Kraton and Outcast. But yeah I don't know why they named two completely different vehicles the Senton. Just like they have 3 completely different Granites and Two completely different Fazons.

Nice car. Have you tried it yet? Did you have to change your pinion? to prevent too much heat?

I've been piecing together all the upgrades that I will need to make this possible. I've ordered a hobbywing ezrun 3900kv 80a esc combo. The Hot racing 15t 48p pinion, and a rc4wd heat sink should keep the temps reasonable. Replaced the steering servo with a 20kg waterproof Metal Gear. Servo saver duties are being handled by a saver in arm GPM HD aluminum piece. T-bone racing front bumper takes care of the front end. I'm still looking at the proline monster fusion body. I would rather have a body for MT use, and a sct body if I wanted to go back to the small tires.

Waow ! Seems that you’re going to put together a well thought project here. Tell us when you’re done!

here is a small update on my project. After a few runs the gpm servo saver died out. Kimbrough servo saver is more up to the task. You'll need to trim down the mounting tab to make it all work. The hobbywing setup runs a little hot now on a 27t team associated aluminum pinion. The heat has never caused the motor or esc to act up, even on these 90° days here in MD. The real problem came when I blew up one of the 14mm tr-mt10e tires. Side note. It was the mt10e that blew the tire out on a speed run. It must have launched the foam 100yds away. Those were the tires/wheels used in my pics. So now I have to order 2 full sets. That makes a $110 order for the new duratrax 14mm series.

The hobbywing setup runs a little hot now on a 27t team associated aluminum pinion.
So I guess the BL motor plus 17T isn't fast enough? I'm waiting for my Castle Creations to rig up my Granite Mega...I ordered both 17T and 27T pinion. Maybe I'll need to drill some extra pinion holes to go in between somewhere. I don't want to start replacing tires!

I Have been thinking about making a custom arbor [ that could hold the motor mount diff case] and use my Rotary table to make the motor bolt holes into a groove that would allow more pinion used. But being a composite plastic case would it make it weak enough to break out grooves ...Like the looks of your tires on the Mega ,,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back