3D Print Support Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I printed a support test using the adjustments Camaroboy383 and Tex Koder suggested and the quality is definitely better, but is there
PXL_20230615_181313961 (1).jpg
PXL_20230615_181302073 (1).jpg
anything that I can do to make it look even better?

Might be a stupid suggestion, but have you tried the latest creality slicer instead of Cura?
Eventhough it also runs on the cura engine, i've experienced simular quality degrading ever since cura 5.1~ish on my ender 3v2
i switched back to creality slicer a couple of months ago with 'slightly' better results

Still looks like a .2 layer height no?
The layer height is .2, but the Support Z Distance is .12.
Might be a stupid suggestion, but have you tried the latest creality slicer instead of Cura?
Eventhough it also runs on the cura engine, i've experienced simular quality degrading ever since cura 5.1~ish on my ender 3v2
i switched back to creality slicer a couple of months ago with 'slightly' better results
I'll check it out, I just figured it was exactly the same as Cura.

The layer height is .2, but the Support Z Distance is .12.

I'll check it out, I just figured it was exactly the same as Cura.

Ok let me reiterate... Cura will not allow a lower support z height than the layer height..

Meaning you printing at .2 it defaults to a .2 z support gap.. if the number is lower than layer height it rounds up... To get a .12 z support gap the layer height needs to be the same or lower..

Ok let me reiterate... Cura will not allow a lower support z height than the layer height..

Meaning you printing at .2 it defaults to a .2 z support gap.. if the number is lower than layer height it rounds up... To get a .12 z support gap the layer height needs to be the same or lower..

I'm going to have to write that down so I'll remember that point! 👍

Thank you. 🙏

Last edited:
I'm coming to have to write that down so I'll remember that point! 👍

Thank you. 🙏

For some reason it's been like that forever, and never fixed.. but even if it was it would need to be a multiple of layer height... So a .12 would never work as it's not even in the ballpark of even steps..

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. I'll print a new test! 👍👍

Just printed a new support test at .12 layer height, looks pretty good, I imagine that's as good as it'll get.View attachment 306162View attachment 306163

It is definitely heading in the right direction and is much cleaner.. 👍.. so next try upping your support roof density to 100.. it should make that upper square pad cleaner on the first layer..

I believe the half ball/ cone is about as good as it's going to get aside from going to a .06 layer height

It is definitely heading in the right direction and is much cleaner.. 👍.. so next try upping your support roof density to 100.. it should make that upper square pad cleaner on the first layer..

I believe the half ball/ cone is about as good as it's going to get aside from going to a .06 layer height
The support roof density in the picture was 100%.

PXL_20230616_212906534.jpg

Oh, support roof and support interface are enabled correct?.. roof being the most important..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back