3D Print Support Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I printed a support test using the adjustments Camaroboy383 and Tex Koder suggested and the quality is definitely better, but is there
PXL_20230615_181313961 (1).jpg
PXL_20230615_181302073 (1).jpg
anything that I can do to make it look even better?

Might be a stupid suggestion, but have you tried the latest creality slicer instead of Cura?
Eventhough it also runs on the cura engine, i've experienced simular quality degrading ever since cura 5.1~ish on my ender 3v2
i switched back to creality slicer a couple of months ago with 'slightly' better results

Still looks like a .2 layer height no?
The layer height is .2, but the Support Z Distance is .12.
Might be a stupid suggestion, but have you tried the latest creality slicer instead of Cura?
Eventhough it also runs on the cura engine, i've experienced simular quality degrading ever since cura 5.1~ish on my ender 3v2
i switched back to creality slicer a couple of months ago with 'slightly' better results
I'll check it out, I just figured it was exactly the same as Cura.

The layer height is .2, but the Support Z Distance is .12.

I'll check it out, I just figured it was exactly the same as Cura.

Ok let me reiterate... Cura will not allow a lower support z height than the layer height..

Meaning you printing at .2 it defaults to a .2 z support gap.. if the number is lower than layer height it rounds up... To get a .12 z support gap the layer height needs to be the same or lower..

Ok let me reiterate... Cura will not allow a lower support z height than the layer height..

Meaning you printing at .2 it defaults to a .2 z support gap.. if the number is lower than layer height it rounds up... To get a .12 z support gap the layer height needs to be the same or lower..

I'm going to have to write that down so I'll remember that point! đź‘Ť

Thank you. 🙏

Last edited:
I'm coming to have to write that down so I'll remember that point! đź‘Ť

Thank you. 🙏

For some reason it's been like that forever, and never fixed.. but even if it was it would need to be a multiple of layer height... So a .12 would never work as it's not even in the ballpark of even steps..

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. I'll print a new test! đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Just printed a new support test at .12 layer height, looks pretty good, I imagine that's as good as it'll get.View attachment 306162View attachment 306163

It is definitely heading in the right direction and is much cleaner.. đź‘Ť.. so next try upping your support roof density to 100.. it should make that upper square pad cleaner on the first layer..

I believe the half ball/ cone is about as good as it's going to get aside from going to a .06 layer height

It is definitely heading in the right direction and is much cleaner.. đź‘Ť.. so next try upping your support roof density to 100.. it should make that upper square pad cleaner on the first layer..

I believe the half ball/ cone is about as good as it's going to get aside from going to a .06 layer height
The support roof density in the picture was 100%.

PXL_20230616_212906534.jpg

Oh, support roof and support interface are enabled correct?.. roof being the most important..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back