3D Printable Front Bumper for 3S & 4S Rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, so my v3.1 bumper is now printing and I think this one will be pretty good. I had some nozzle issues last night and it set me back a day.

I gotta say I think this is going to be indestructible in TPU. Nose landings are going to be like a pogo stick. ??

View attachment 74876
View attachment 74877View attachment 74878

holy smokes! dilly, i think i found the beef! and its definetly not in the oven....??????? ...

The print orientation like that is nice cause you can just -Z the thickness of your liking???

i need to fire up my pc and check these files out...?

holy smokes! dilly, i think i found the beef! and its definetly not in the oven....??????? ...

The print orientation like that is nice cause you can just -Z the thickness of your liking???

i need to fire up my pc and check these files out...?
Well these chassis don’t grow on trees these days ???????

The triangle is going to make the bumper for rigid absorbing less impact like how the stock bumper does on the kraton4 for example or im missing something

The triangle is going to make the bumper for rigid absorbing less impact like how the stock bumper does on the kraton4 for example or im missing something
When it’s made from TPU, it will be like a spring. TPU is like a rubber band.

Damn this thing is hairy. Gonna have some post work when this finishes.

71CFFF9A-6BD4-46EC-90D3-718E15E4F170.jpeg

891707D9-9EC6-4DF1-A81D-CE4E0BB72BB7.jpeg

Do you print TPU with or without retraction enabled? Just curious. Also for strings I have good luck with cleanup if you just barely skate a lighter across it, watch it curl up like burned hair and flake away.

Yeah a heat gun is what I use too. Retraction is on but only set for 6mm and I don’t think it’s enough. The infill this time is just grid. I think the gyroid doesn’t work well with stringy filaments. At least it didn’t for me. I don’t need uber strong. I want give. ??

I usually hit those with the heat gun on my smd station. Is that gyroid pattern for supports?
Looks like tree supports if I'm not mistaken. I always forget about that, recently started using it again for A arms when printing long skinny side down.

In my mind for some reason seeing how thick the bumper is sees it like its going to act like hard jello?
Kind of like that. It’s a rigid skin on the outside but rubbery inside if that makes sense.
Looks like tree supports if I'm not mistaken. I always forget about that, recently started using it again for A arms when printing long skinny side down.
Tree supports just saves so much material. ??

How much material did Cura say that was gonna take for that print now that she's gotten hella #thicc ? ?

I have my tpu retracts set to 2.5/3mm at 35mm/s. For harder filaments I increase speed to 45/50 mm/s. Print is looking good though
Idk why I’m so impatient with this one. Counting the mins
image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back