3D Printable Front Bumper for 3S & 4S Rigs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch a movie :)
Rated A for Arrma
InShot_20200414_204254932.jpg

Last edited:
Ok it fits real nice ??

686E7F77-EEA1-418E-8D6E-550145497680.jpeg

4995E6B5-F665-44E8-A897-F0761BD05FA9.jpeg

39F0B921-C8A3-4FE6-9BCE-833818550841.jpeg

0F259A2D-88A4-4C64-9058-D8570135DE53.jpeg

I can bend the sides up but it takes pretty much all my hand strength to bend it this far. I gotta go bang it around tomorrow and see how it holds up, but so far so good.
What will it weigh Jon
Lol I gotta pull it back off now ???

Looks awesome :) 6S rigs here you come?? :p

Did you use the stock ender extruder and hot end to do the TPU? If so, well done - I've read the stock stuff struggles with flexibles.

Edit: Maybe a hard plastic (RPM/TB) skid plate on the underside to sandwich it in place? Underside area and screw mounting points might be the weak points for flexibles?

What will it weigh Jon
8189B840-7DEC-465F-BFC3-3FB129EDC227.jpeg

Did you use the stock ender extruder and hot end to do the TPU? If so, well done - I've read the stock stuff struggles with flexibles.
I have the EZR Struder but stock hot end. I had issues first few attempts with ooze around the nozzle. My PTFE tube was a little charred and split at the nozzle. Fixed that and then had bed adhesion issues. Thought it was Z offset issues, but the bed was too clean. TPU will only stick to my glass bed if I use hairspray. If it’s clean, it won’t stick well. Now if I could just get the stringing under control I’d be very happy. ??

Edit: Maybe a hard plastic (RPM/TB) skid plate on the underside to sandwich it in place? Underside area and screw mounting points might be the weak points for flexibles?

small piece of ptfe inserted into the extruder, cut at an angle on both sides, and slid into the space between the extruder hobbed gear and pulley is all it takes for any creality printer to print flexibles... ? no struggles.. ?
View attachment 74942

I have the EZR Struder but stock hot end. I had issues first few attempts with ooze around the nozzle. My PTFE tube was a little charred and split at the nozzle. Fixed that and then had bed adhesion issues. Thought it was Z offset issues, but the bed was too clean. TPU will only stick to my glass bed if I use hairspray. If it’s clean, it won’t stick well. Now if I could just get the stringing under control I’d be very happy. ??

start adding retraction until it goes away, i run up to 12mm at times depending on the filament..after the travel move is complete, if its starved at the start, begin adding nozzle prime value.. ?

Last edited:
small piece of ptfe inserted into the extruder, cut at an angle on both sides, and slid into the space between the extruder hobbed gear and pulley is all it takes for any creality printer to print flexibles... ? no struggles.. ?

start adding retraction until it goes away, i run up to 12mm at times depending on the filament..after the travel move is complete, if its starved at the start, begin adding nozzle prime value.. ?
I have some wing mounts to practice on ????

Hey guys, with all this downtime I've been working on designing stuff. Well the other great need IMO is a decent front bumper for the 3S and 4S rigs. With my driving skills, a good bumper is essential. Anyways, below are some pics, video, and an STL file.

Huge shout out to @Camaroboy383 for his front tower design!

View attachment 74343
View attachment 74344
View attachment 74345
@jondilly1974 - When are you going to start selling them mate? I think as of now the #TBoneRacing is the best for the #3s #Typhon

!
17mm SPIKES.jpeg

Nice work! It'll be interesting how it holds up. Please report back. I've been 3D printing for a little over a year. I have found that you need to design around the limitations of 3D printing for structural parts. If something is going to break, it's the vertical post. I'd make that a separate part so you can print it flat and it would be a lot stronger.

This is still on-topic, but here is a 3D printed bumper for a granite 3s BLX. This is nothing compared to what you designed, but I thought I'd mention it. If you break your spring, it's about a 1 hour print to fix it. I'm printing these in nylon, but I still manage to break them, but better that than the shock tower! :)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4144767

@jondilly1974 - When are you going to start selling them mate? I think as of now the #TBoneRacing is the best for the #3s #Typhon

!View attachment 75464
I don’t think I will ever sell these. You are free to print them yourself. If someone wants to print one for you and mail it to you, they are free to use the design to do so. I ask that they only charge actual cost if doing so. I shared it so others could save money.
Nice work! It'll be interesting how it holds up. Please report back. I've been 3D printing for a little over a year. I have found that you need to design around the limitations of 3D printing for structural parts. If something is going to break, it's the vertical post. I'd make that a separate part so you can print it flat and it would be a lot stronger.

This is still on-topic, but here is a 3D printed bumper for a granite 3s BLX. This is nothing compared to what you designed, but I thought I'd mention it. If you break your spring, it's about a 1 hour print to fix it. I'm printing these in nylon, but I still manage to break them, but better that than the shock tower! :)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4144767
I’ve oddly never actually broke the bumper spring. ??‍♂️?

Did you end up making a new version with a thicker brace up top where it broke? Or did you move on to another design altogether?

I think I'm convinced I need a 3d printer

Did you end up making a new version with a thicker brace up top where it broke? Or did you move on to another design altogether?

I think I'm convinced I need a 3d printer
Can you link the updated design? Looks different than the original post?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back