45 degree ramp dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfriends dad is gonna help me with the ramp, he mentioned this wood called Masonite for the face of the ramp, can anyone comment on that?

Thanks, I’m a carpenter ? ??
Use 3/8” ply on the face. It bends well. It’s the stuff used for roof sheathing. The sides I use 5/8 subfloor, because I can find scraps at construction sites. A good arc to use is a 9’ diameter- meaning you make the arc with a 9’ string attached to a nail as a fulcrum. A shorter string will make a steeper ramp. So draw the arc on the side sheet and adjust it as needed. If you want a 45* ramp it will have to be large , . If the arc is too steep it will be harsh on the truck and ramp.

My girlfriends dad is gonna help me with the ramp, he mentioned this wood called Masonite for the face of the ramp, can anyone comment on that?
It’s easy to shape but won’t hold up long, especially if it gets wet. Glorified cardboard.

You could use Masonite for a top layer, but it would need a plywood layer under it. It is smooth but breakable and it doesn’t do well in the rain. Also low traction

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back