Kraton 6s Beefcake 1/10 Kraton Build 💪 3s BLX Platform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
6s Beefcake Kraton 3s BLX Build. 💪 :cool:

So I bought @StephenSchandelmayer's 4s Beefcake Bigrock, (6s really) which should be getting here next week, hopefully Tuesday:D. I ordered a Spektrum DX3 Radio for it from Jenny's, getting it today (along with some stickers). I bought a set of Dboots Katars from @Speed/267 to put on it, should get here tomorrow:D. I ordered an IC5 wire harness so I can run two 3s or 2s batteries.🔋

My plan is to tear it down, clean it up(if needed, already very clean), re-build the diffs if needed, grease diffs, check bearings, etc. Then I'll rebuild it to my liking.

Parts list:

Current setup:

Electronics🔋:
-BLX 185 ESC.
-Hobbystar 4074 2250kv motor.
-Animos 25kg servo.
-Spektrum DX3 Transmitter and Receiver.
-40mm fan on the ESC.
-(2) 40mm fans on the motor.

Driveline🚙:
-Typhon 6s Dboots Katars.
-Arrma CNC crown gear front and rear.
-Arrma CNC input gear front and rear.
-Hot racing diff yolk, front and rear.
-Metal spur gear.
-Custom rear driveshafts. Uses the rear hubs from a Kraton 6s. Uses a Kraton rear shaft welded to the ball side of a 3s CVD. Made by @StephenSchandelmayer.
-Arrma CVD's in the front.
-18 tooth pinion

Suspension:
-ZD Racing 110mm shocks in the rear.
-Typhon a-arms.
-Vortexs rear shocks in front.
-Vortexs rear shock tower.

Other:
-M2C motor mount with brace.
-Hot Racing pivot ball set.
-Hot Racing steering link.
-J concepts finisher body, painted orange, reinforced with gorrila adhesive.
-Granite BLX front bumper.
-Typhon 3s wing mount w/ wing.
-Tower-to-tower chassis brace.
-Kraton 4s body painted by @Ajag.
-Yeah Racing heatsink.
-3d printed BLX 185 ESC mount.

Possible upgrades:
-Typhon RPM front a-arms.
-Typhon RPM rear a-arms.
-Integy steering blocks.
-Integy Kraton 6s rear hub carriers.
-Mojave 6s front shocks for the front.
-GPM shock tower braces.
-Typhon 6s turnbuckles replacing camber links.

I have had a great experience buying off the forum:love:, and I hope it stays that way.(y)

Some pictures from the for sale ad. I will add my own, once I get the car and begin the build.
770850D6-CFCB-443D-B3EE-29C2ACAC3C10.jpeg

C5660901-AE65-4A24-8E7A-4C07822BCC22 (1).jpeg
7BB2C3C2-CF8C-4ED1-B033-B6100D112500.jpeg

7E42C552-E7BE-43D2-A38A-5CBCC18BCFED.jpeg

2AEB8327-3C60-43CF-8130-9D91E780A720.jpeg
89EB065B-5719-4719-8E3A-684C6AA85261.jpeg
73598801-9C5C-401C-93B4-6F395E253D93.jpeg
image.jpg

F795FD97-AD27-4F2F-9ED9-777BFC1ED8F0.jpeg

I would love any advice, and would like to hear your opinions.(good and bad)(y) I will continue to add pictures as the build progresses, and maybe make a few videos if anyone is interested. :unsure: :cool:

Last edited:
I'd suggest picking up a esc mount from @3d-rc.myshopify.com for the blx185 that looks like its just ziptied on👍🏼 otherwise sounds like a solid rig for sure! Not sure if you've ran the new CNC gears yet but they are really nice and smooth I'm loving my set in the Bigrock! Only issue and not a huge deal is I noticed 1, ONE tooth on the ring gears is larger than the rest on mine so you get a tiny hang up on that tooth but it's nothing. I've ran mine 3 times so far and absolutely love them super smooth!

I'd suggest picking up a esc mount from @3d-rc.myshopify.com for the blx185 that looks like its just ziptied on👍🏼 otherwise sounds like a solid rig for sure! Not sure if you've ran the new CNC gears yet but they are really nice and smooth I'm loving my set in the Bigrock! Only issue and not a huge deal is I noticed 1, ONE tooth on the ring gears is larger than the rest on mine so you get a tiny hang up on that tooth but it's nothing. I've ran mine 3 times so far and absolutely love them super smooth!
I have my own ESC mount. But thanks! I'm really excited to try out the CNC diffs, hoping they work well.

You don't like my zipties?? Come on, it's art! :ROFLMAO:. Yeah I discovered 3d-rc after I stopped running that truck otherwise I would have for sure. But now she will get taken care of and made to look pretty.

My Spektrum DX3 just showed up. Can't wait to test it out! And I got 2 magnets, not stickers lol. My bad.
View attachment 171839
Hopefully you like it I can't stand the one we have for the Vorteks. Some days it will make the car keep going like throttle trim is turned up or when steering will make car go into reverse just odd..

Okay, I got everything in. Yeah, I used zipties to mount the fans for now, just did it a little cleaner.

Put an 18T pinion on, to compensate for the higher kv motor that's running 6s. (maybe still too high?)

Re-wired all the fans, used heatshink instead of tape. I put each one on it's own circuit, so I could have each one run on it's own, and if one wire came loose, snapped, etc, the other fans will still run.

I still have a few things to do. I need to put the HR yolks on the front diff, re-do the rear shock limiters (Not completely even, sorry, OCD 🤣), maybe secure the wires a little better, and put Kraton 4s body mounts on for my K4 body that @Ajag painted :love:, then drill holes in the current basher body to fit the K4 body mounts.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks a little funny with the Typhon 6s tires on it. Tires too small? Maybe it'll look better with the Kraton 4s body. :unsure:
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 9.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 8.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 7.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 6.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 5.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 4.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 3.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build 2.jpg
Arrma Kraton 6s Build.jpg

I fixed the shocks. It looks like one of them pulled out, then was glued back in, but not all the way in. So that shock shaft was a little longer, making that side sit a little higher. I just used a different shock and moved the pivot ball to that side.

Fixed
Shock Limiter 2.jpg
Shock Limiter.jpg

Without limiter vs. with limiter.
Shock Limiter Comparison.jpg

Shock shaft difference.
Shock Problem.jpg

I also made a center brace, makes a great handle.😂 Used the rod underneath the barrel of a BB gun. 🤣 I used fuel tubing for spacing on the screws, works great. You can see I installed the K4 body mounts.(y)
I'm probably going to change it a little so the chassis has more flex. Maybe some sort of damper like the ones on the K4 and O4. I also want to mount the bar better to the rear.
Chassis Brace.jpg

Chassis Brace 3.jpg
Chassis Brace 2.jpg

Next will be the HR diff yolks.

Okay, really glad I opened up the rear diff. :unsure: This is what happens when you run in sand. Kinda looks like metal shavings, but the gears look okay, not enough wear and no chipped teeth to produce enough shavings. This means i'd better check the rear diff too...
Sandy Diff 3.jpg
Sandy Diff.jpg
Sandy Diff 2.jpg

Anyways, I cleaned all the sand up, took the plastic yolks off and cleaned up all the components the best I could. Replaced all the bad bearings with TRBRC bearings. (y)
Gears.jpg
Input Bearings.jpg

These HR yolks are great. (y) They really hold everything together. 💪
Gear Mesh.jpg

Complete Diff 4.jpg
Complete Diff 3.jpg
Complete Diff 2.jpg
Complete Diff.jpg
Done Diff.jpg

:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back