Felony 8s Felony rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you @Diem Turner and @K-BASH, I fixed it!
The bell-crank was dirty but what ended up being the problem was that the Steering Step Screw's (that is what they are called) where to tight, working great but I do not know if I will be able to get a run in the rain about here.

View attachment 252143View attachment 252144View attachment 252145View attachment 252146
It'd also help your cause if you replaced those 4 brass bushings on top/bottom of the steering posts w/ bearings as well

Here's 1 they have on sale.

Screenshot_20221025-161218_Chrome.jpg

When I got to my spot it was windy and misting, I did not push speed, but I got 51mph and the steering is so much nicer I think the car will go straight now instead of left or right. The temp when from being 69 to 63 when I was there until the time I left (that was about 10min).

The car is going straight now, but it is twitching in the back, I got it up to 60mph yesterday, what a friend pointed out that is so interesting is that the car is out of the box 80mph+ but I am fighting it over 60mph. I have a video, but the car is just a black blob I will take a video with my nice camera so you can see. Would you guys help me, I think the problem might be the slop in the rear, but should the car look like it is unstable and twitching back and forth cos or slop in the arms and hubs?

Yesterday I took the car out with my camera, and it ran great! no problems whatsoever I am running 35% on the steering since I have crazy fingers that want to move the wheal ever time the car moves over 1ft on the road :LOL:
I ended up getting 63mph on 3S (I have gotten 67 (that was a good day) but I have been to 65mph on this set up over 1/2doz times) and I got 75mph on 4S that is the 1st time I have ran 4S since it hit myself and that was at 76mph (my 4S PB is 79mph and I think on this set up I could get 80mph).
I am running the car bodyless and today I am going to take it out, I might zip-tie the front arms since the droop screws are shot and the car is 7mm-10mm off the ground in the front (we want about 5mm according to 200McCoy (or as low as you can go)). This road is about 950ft, and I am probably using 80%-90% of it so today when we go to a country road, I should have 2000ft+.

Whether man says 73 tomorrow, so it is PB or bust for me, next weeks is all in the 30s.
I am rebuilding the front shocks McCoy style. Sadly, my LHS did not have the 38lb front springs, I had him order them, but will probably not get to use them this year. Thanks @vwturbowolf for helping me out with the springs.

Here redoing my shocks and I put one spacer on (the ones that McCoy used (8-32 flat washers)) when it was back together the front was way off the ground so I took them back apart and added a 2nd one, there is still 5mm-10mm of air under the front splitter so I think this winter I will add a 3rd one.
FYI 1/7 shocks if you are not running on a chip n seal road or anything ruff like that you will need to put 3 in. I feel that it did not lower the car by 10mm like James said, I think it was more like 5mm.
PS: If anyone wants photos of something just let me know, I will be posting some of the shocks and the splitter sometime soon.

I did not end up running on the country road that I said I was going to on Tuesday.
Last night I tried to run my car the temp was mid 60s, but it was just too dark I got 60mph on 3s. Use 2 finger lights on the car so that is the only way I was able to see the car at all. Also for some reason the steering was way out of wack I had it at 47 to the left and not I got it at 15 to the left I do not know what did it, I don't think doing the shock would do it maybe someone could spread some light on this, but maybe the droop screws where making the car go one way.
Today I just ran it was 53 out I got 62mph in 3s and (drum roll) 82mph!! On 4S that tided this year's PB and beat my 4S PB of 79mph and I did it in under 900ft. I think this was my last speed run day of the year :(
FIY I always warm up my tires before a run even in the summer I think it helps a lot.

I do not think i can list all the people that have helped me with this car, but I am going to name the top 4 over the last month LibertyMKiii, vwturbowolf, K-BASH, and Diem Turner. Thank you guys so so much and the others that have helped me over the last year.

I did not end up running on the country road that I said I was going to on Tuesday.
Last night I tried to run my car the temp was mid 60s, but it was just too dark I got 60mph on 3s. Use 2 finger lights on the car so that is the only way I was able to see the car at all. Also for some reason the steering was way out of wack I had it at 47 to the left and not I got it at 15 to the left I do not know what did it, I don't think doing the shock would do it maybe someone could spread some light on this, but maybe the droop screws where making the car go one way.
Today I just ran it was 53 out I got 62mph in 3s and (drum roll) 82mph!! On 4S that tided this year's PB and beat my 4S PB of 79mph and I did it in under 900ft. I think this was my last speed run day of the year :(
FIY I always warm up my tires before a run even in the summer I think it helps a lot.

I do not think i can list all the people that have helped me with this car, but I am going to name the top 4 over the last month LibertyMKiii, vwturbowolf, K-BASH, and Diem Turner. Thank you guys so so much and the others that have helped me over the last year.
Hell to the yeah brother!! Congratulations on the new PB. Next year will bring new challenges and new PBs. We're all on this journey together and learning from one another. I love the speed running community here. It's small but tight knit and ever so helpful.

It is 35 here today so I thought I would try some low temp speed running encouraged by @Edough13
Did 61 on 3S and 78 on 4S bodyless, I think I need the body (it is getting trimmed and panted now by a friend) for downforce to go any faster since the rear end over 70 want to hunt around.
Wed the 28th I crashed off the road at 60 due to a bump in the road I found today.

It is 35 here today so I thought I would try some low temp speed running encouraged by @Edough13
Did 61 on 3S and 78 on 4S bodyless, I think I need the body (it is getting trimmed and panted now by a friend) for downforce to go any faster since the rear end over 70 want to hunt around.
Wed the 28th I crashed off the road at 60 due to a bump in the road I found today.
Unseen bumps are always a nice Sunday surprise, ain't they?

Nice! Ya I'd be out running but it's been pouring rain and snowing off and on. Finally got a carbon fiber GT chassis 😍so now in the middle of swapping everything over from my stock Limitless chassis.
20230105_183014.jpg

Nice! Ya I'd be out running but it's been pouring rain and snowing off and on. Finally got a carbon fiber GT chassis 😍so now in the middle of swapping everything over from my stock Limitless chassis.View attachment 268396
I saw this chassis on eBay. The aluminum portion is a little concerning. Why is the opening where the diff housing sits open to the environment

I saw this chassis on eBay. The aluminum portion is a little concerning. Why is the opening where the diff housing sits open to the environment
Ya I agree but it's covered by the front splitter mount so won't be open to dirt or anything. For the price and not a 3 week+ wait from Scorched I figured it was worth it. Like the battery strap mounts also lots of positions to adjust and came with them over having to pay $20 apiece from Scorched.

I am back to hit season 2 early!
Here is a little recap:
I bought the car in Aug 2021 (season 0) I got it to 94mph on 8S.
Season 1 (2022) I start the season off well but then just start chasing my tale in the spring I got 82mph on 6S then in the late Fall I got 82mph on 4S, so my year PB was 82mph.

Now that we are up to date, I will tell you what I have been doing recently.
On Sat, I finished my full rebuild of the rear assembly and I got 53mph on 4S on the damp road outside of my house (in the dark with a spotter).
On Sun I got 67mph on 4S on a short business road my run was probably 300-400ft I hit some snow on the side of the road, so my car got all wet. :LOL:
Today I was shimming somethings that I thought might give me problems. I hope to get back out today, it is dry, sunny, and 41. I have set a good benchmark to start the year off with, and I hope to hit 70 today!

My future plans are for this car are: I what 100mph then I would like to get a XLX2 and start doing 0-40 and 0-60 drag hits with it and leave the speed running up to my smaller plastic chassis cars.

Edit: Thanks @ABabyEater for the idea of using aluminum tape for shimming, I used that tick a lot and will keep using it.

Last edited:
I am back to hit season 2 early!
Here is a little recap:
I bought the car in Aug 2021 (season 0) I got it to 94mph on 8S.
Season 1 (2022) I start the season off well but then just start chasing my tale in the spring I got 82mph on 6S then in the late Fall I got 82mph on 4S, so my year PB was 82mph.

Now that we are up to date, I will tell you what I have been doing recently.
On Sat, I finished my full rebuild of the rear assembly and I got 53mph on 4S on the damp road outside of my house (in the dark with a spotter).
On Sun I got 67mph on 4S on a short business road my run was probably 300-400ft I hit some snow on the side of the road, so my car got all wet. :LOL:
Today I was shimming somethings that I thought might give me problems. I hope to get back out today, it is dry, sunny, and 41. I have set a good benchmark to start the year off with, and I hope to hit 70 today!

My future plans are for this car are: I what 100mph then I would like to get a XLX2 and start doing 0-40 and 0-60 drag hits with it and leave the speed running up to my smaller plastic chassis cars.

Edit: Thanks @ABabyEater for the idea of using aluminum tape for shimming, I used that tick a lot and will keep using it.

Consider going GP6 all around for drag racing.

It’ll open up options for foam wheels or running sticky GRP S1 wheels

Last night I went out in front of my house to run my car since I had a speed ich. It was 40 out (so not very warm)
I was able to get 55mph in 3s then I went to 4S for some drag hits, am to clogging I being not able to go from 0 so I did some 10-50 hits and got as low as 1.53, I almost hit my supporter since I was trying to make reverse 20% but I made brake 20% 🤭 It went up a driveway and into the grass with no damage right by my spotter! I have to have a spotter since the road has a small S curve and I run is the 400ft in the S also it is very busy (it was 9:30pm and there was a train down the road that gave us time to do this). On the 1.53s hit I was messing around with the exp and that helped a lot (It was at +51% (set for speed running) then I set it to around -60% so I could launch without going all over the 3-lane road), it cut out at the end, but I was probably going 65mph.
I still need to rebuild my front shock since they both leak and I have some 35lb springs for them, also before I can get much over 80, I need to get my body (it is being painted by a hobby friend and he set it to the side for a lot of time over the winter).
Have fun out there,
TN-RC

Why should I go with GP6 diffs what is the problem with the GP5 ones? I can make the difference in the pinion/spur I don't think it matters that my center drive shaft spins slower than if I would use the GP6 ones?

Capture+_2023-03-08-21-22-46.png
Capture+_2023-03-08-21-22-18.png

Capture+_2023-03-08-21-33-46.png

Back