A little LOL @ Arrma quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
on top of the fact they use loctite spawned by the devil himself, they also use laughably untrue driveshafts. then tonight I discovered a banana shaped turnbuckle. this is from a new, never run Talion.

love you Arrma <3 but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna bust your balls :)

20200206_225024.jpg

Last edited:
I wish Arrma was using Locktite. LockTite (TL) is removeable. They are using a Chinese Gorilla snot cement that appears to be permanent. And way too much of it whatever it is. I can say that absolutely everyone taking theirs apart for the first time has said the same thing and cussed while saying it.:LOL:
Use heat always to remove metal on metal fasteners. A heat gun, or soldering iron tip. Some use mini torches. But I don't want to melt any plastic. But any of those heat sources can work.
Arrma needs to include an Addendum in the box regarding this. Too many of us have had issues. Broke drivers stripped hexes. Having to replace other wise good parts because the TL became like JB Weld epoxy.

The V4 Typhon I just bought has been easy. They used Blue TL on it. Everything has been coming apart easily. The pinion/motor shaft fit was tight though. It had to have been pressed on with a press of some sort. I had to pry it off. I ordered a pinion puller off EBay after dealing with that.

Those pinions are a bear. I feel it is a combination of a nice tight fit((y)) to the armature, and the excessive TL red they use that ends up onto the armature. But a tight fitting pinion in general is a good thing. Maybe I should grab a puller also?:unsure:

on top of the fact they use loctite spawned by the devil himself, they also use laughably untrue driveshafts. then tonight I discovered a banana shaped turnbuckle. this is from a new, never run Talion.

love you Arrma <3 but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna bust your balls :)

View attachment 64232
Your table is warped pretty bad ?
The V4 Typhon I just bought has been easy. They used Blue TL on it. Everything has been coming apart easily. The pinion/motor shaft fit was tight though. It had to have been pressed on with a press of some sort. I had to pry it off. I ordered a pinion puller off EBay after dealing with that.
My V4 Typhon didn’t have any red either. All blue and snapped easily. ?

Can't complain about the threadlocker. Loosen threadlocked screws on my Senton 4x4 was easy. Even the grub screw on the pinion gear wasn't a problem. Getting the pinion gear off the shaft was a bit of a hassle. I had to use the good old soldering tip for that one.

Ah shoot mine are worn out and level ?
Looks like there is a business opportunity here for some to make some tooling to rebend them back like soSincerious's "factory" one.

On the topic of TL, my boy's Outcast 6S V4 doesn't appear to have the red "forever lock" stuff, I was able to remove motor mount and pinion with breaking out the blue flame spanner. It has TL, but it looks more whitish than anything else.

Looks like there is a business opportunity here for some to make some tooling to rebend them back like soSincerious's "factory" one.

On the topic of TL, my boy's Outcast 6S V4 doesn't appear to have the red "forever lock" stuff, I was able to remove motor mount and pinion with breaking out the blue flame spanner. It has TL, but it looks more whitish than anything else.
Whiteish is the blue color when removing. My last couple rigs have been blue LT. Seems arrma listened once again. Cant really complain about the red. I haven't heard of anyone losing screws randomly lol

A lot of the late V4 6s rigs have been turning up with the blue, thank God the Chings got the memo.

They're directional. Look for an arrow on the sidewall. Plus there are small arrows in the tread that point one way.

Not a big deal at all, just enough for a little LOL

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back