All new Traxxas Maxx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not true. I am thinking of getting one. The price is really the only thing holding me back. If I ever find one on sale I will most likely buy it.
I felt the same way before getting one. I spent $530 + $100 for steel CVDS and $50 for the widemaxx kit. I know it's a lot of money, but after sending it countless times with only one breakage I quickly forget about that. Personally for me, the most important thing in an RC is how durable it is.

I felt the same way before getting one. I spent $530 + $100 for steel CVDS and $50 for the widemaxx kit. I know it's a lot of money, but after sending it countless times with only one breakage I quickly forget about that. Personally for me, the most important thing in an RC is how durable it is.
Fun>durability :cool:

Durability > fixing less durable cars all the time like my Kaiju, which is fun when it lasts. ?
If you aren't breaking something you weren't having enough fun :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to say that is not true, the best feeling is when you've been thrashing your 6s Kraton and amazingly don't break anything while running a Max 6 in it with 8s (Oddly specific but still facts).
I was joking, but let's be honest, most of the time before something broke you probably had a big smile on your face :ROFLMAO:

My last couple of bash sessions we scaled back and did some carnage races. Which I must say was the most fun I had playing with our toys. And the cars come home ready for the next session. With everything going on in this world I can’t afford to be breaking parts

Closing in on $700 for a 4S strictly bashing truck does seem a bit steep...

Then I think about how much I threw at my outcast just to get it to last me a day...

If I didn't have a stampede 4x4, I'd likely have a Maxx with the steel cvd's/wide kit as well. I just can't rationalize getting one at the moment. If my savage X sold, then at least I'd have a spot for either it, or a electric 1/8th buggy... but I lack the room to even put another vehicle. lol!

Update on my maxx 4s. I shouldn't have bragged, but I'm very mean to my maxx. I have blown ESCs in other basher brands to be fair.

Update on my maxx 4s. I shouldn't have bragged, but I'm very mean to my maxx. I have blown ESCs in other basher brands to be fair.

Was the fan on your Traxxas ESC still working when it died?

I've killed more escs than I care to admit, but then I also have escs that are 5 years old.

Was the fan on your Traxxas ESC still working when it died?
Yeah it was. I think that I helped with the demise because I had installed bigger Kaiju tires on it. It was pretty hot that day. I should have geared down. I have a temperature gun for nothing. I've heard of other people having problems with their ESC too so who knows. The Kaiju ESC blew up too. That was a bad idea. I had an Xmaxx 8s esc laying around, so that's what I'm running with the smaller tires for now. I also had issues with the cheap deans to xt90 connector that I bought off ebay. That thing felt like it was welded and it was obvious that it got too hot. I had to use a screw driver to pop it off. So that might have ruined the Redcat ESC. Oh well
I've killed more escs than I care to admit, but then I also have escs that are 5 years old.
Yeah to be fair, one of my three Arrma 6s ESCs has died on me in the last few months. I run my rigs hard, so it's expected.

Last edited:

I've killed like 5-6 ESCs.

2 by reversing +/- :ROFLMAO:, a few just by crashing too much, one spontaneously caught on fire -- HH actually sent me a new one for that. (y)

2 by reversing +/- :ROFLMAO:, a few just by crashing too much, one spontaneously caught on fire -- HH actually sent me a new one for that. (y)
Do you think that I should put a smaller pinion before trying out those nice bigger Redcat KAIJU tires again Razor?

I wish these things had some sort of reverse polarity detection or something, I've killed 2 by doing that.

I wish these things had some sort of reverse polarity detection or something, I've killed 2 by doing that.

The Hobbywing XR10 G2 Pro has that. It's $200 though... :( Hopefully that technology will trickle down to their cheaper ESCs.

Took my 6s maxx running the xmaxx 8s esc but on 4s today to the skate park to test the durability. I jumped it a few times on to the concrete jungle over the rails and it took it like a champ. I did land some good ones and missed others. The only thing I broke was the motor fan. That's it! It continues to be my most durable RC. Widemaxx kit, steel CVDS and Kaiju tires are on board. No video for the skatepark, but I do have one testing the 6s action on my ramps at the park :

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back