All the possible motor/gear combinations for the 1/5 Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insomnia

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few threads on here looking at different motors and gearing combos and I have to admit I've been thinking of the same thing. Unfortunately I can't decide so I put together a spreadsheet to show me potential top MPH from all the different options.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172JeLv4pGQYZ2fq2hMav_jhvPy5RMOYb2kBpuxgyUeY/edit?usp=sharing

I'm tired and should be asleep by now so I'm sure there are math problems in there somewhere, feel free to point them out and I'll adjust it.

I'll also put in acceleration if someone can give me a good way to figure force, we know the mass (well, weight) so if we can devise a good formula I'll plug that in and maybe put a 0-20 guess in there as well.

I doubt all of those gear combinations will fit, but according to the web page there is a 9.06 internal gear ratio and a range of 9.1 to 28.4 final gear ratios.

Side conversation: I know it's odd to think about a 6s setup like the 2200, but what are people's thoughts? Is it too impractical where the motor would overheat trying to move it and under perform?

Very nice!
I did something similar in excel but had a different formula. Granted I only used the stock kv and not all the options so yours is much more handy for the public. Spot checking with yours we seem to be within 1/2 a mile per hour or so of each other.

Very nice!
I did something similar in excel but had a different formula. Granted I only used the stock kv and not all the options so yours is much more handy for the public. Spot checking with yours we seem to be within 1/2 a mile per hour or so of each other.
What formula did you use? I'm always interested in ways to improve calculations.

What formula did you use? I'm always interested in ways to improve calculations.
You probably have it much better. I took the ratios and then calculated them vs known speed runs from here and the resulting line gave me the equation:
Speed = -18(Spur/Pinion) + 87.5 Again that only works for the stock KV value and has some rounding assumptions in it.

Can someone pin this. Its a good reference for non gearing people like me! Im getting a K8S exb next month and the helps with gear ordering.

Bump this good info

Hey that's really dope do you have any temp issues?
I have a max5 with a 2050kv motor, 27t pinion and a 34t spur n it reached temps of 210 n car stopped until it warmed up again, I’m gonna change the motor to a 900-1000kv n drop the pinion and raise the spur gear teeth count so I can actually drive it. N did one pass and it stopped cuz the temp

I've seen a few threads on here looking at different motors and gearing combos and I have to admit I've been thinking of the same thing. Unfortunately I can't decide so I put together a spreadsheet to show me potential top MPH from all the different options.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172JeLv4pGQYZ2fq2hMav_jhvPy5RMOYb2kBpuxgyUeY/edit?usp=sharing

I'm tired and should be asleep by now so I'm sure there are math problems in there somewhere, feel free to point them out and I'll adjust it.

I'll also put in acceleration if someone can give me a good way to figure force, we know the mass (well, weight) so if we can devise a good formula I'll plug that in and maybe put a 0-20 guess in there as well.

I doubt all of those gear combinations will fit, but according to the web page there is a 9.06 internal gear ratio and a range of 9.1 to 28.4 final gear ratios.

Side conversation: I know it's odd to think about a 6s setup like the 2200, but what are people's thoughts? Is it too impractical where the motor would overheat trying to move it and under perform?
Great sheet. No the motor does not over heat I have 4 fans on it though and did not get past 42. I have the 2200 setup on 8s I’ll let you know how it does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back