Kraton Am I the only one that's like meh?‍♂️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jondilly Be carefull to say anything wrong about arrmas chassis, it’s like cursing in a church.

It’s easy to see arrma having a bendgate going on in the past..

Like the thread starter said mehh. No need to beef up on me with silly comments about this.

Last edited:
Jondilly Be carefull to say anything wrong about arrmas chassis, it’s like cursing in a church.

Like the thread starter said mehh. No need to beef up on me with silly comments about this.
@jondilly1974 is a long time poster on this forum and well as an excellence award winner. He's knowledgeable and adds a lot to the forum. See the difference? ?

I like @razorrc . He appears fair in his reviews. I don't always agree with him. He may bring up issues that are non issues. He is dead on with specs. Does his homework. Is technical. He's not afraid to call out a manufacturer on an issue. I can tell he has a lot of experience that I can relate with. And he is very broad with his selection of rigs.
Wondering why he was only able to review a demo of the K8S without a running video. He probably did solicit Arrma and HH to get one.
He, like me, doesn't like Pillow ball suspensions as a preference in a front end design. But PB's are here to stay for most contemporary rigs. I get that.

Thanks! Every channel is different and has their draw. I try to have a wider variety of cars and get more in depth. I don’t sub to KT, but I do watch some JayTee videos.

None of the major manufacturers send me stuff. My channel’s too small and I’m probably too likely to mention a negative, so there’s not a real benefit to doing so. ?

Oh no, the chassis bent. Here's what I hear with all these mehs.

I have owned 2 xmaxx both 6s and 8s. And they arent perfect atall they needed alot of money spend in them to be Good.
The esc are bad and broke for many out there. Stock servo is a joke. Plastic spur?? Mod1..The Body cracks almost instant. The motor is a Common failure . Stock tire is good but the rims cracks easy. Shocks needs tuning .
And xmaxx got bad tracktion and flip easy.

So if i have to buy an aftermarket chassie to the 8s kraton it Still Will be cheaper then all uppgrades to the maxx.

The 3 triangulated braces are a great design. Materials limits the execution. But how strong is strong. Most bashing is not "Big Air" for most.
To make it BiG air worthy, you have to create a boxed out chassis that wont flex and transfer force, but isolate and absorb that force. Aftermarket will address that. Afrolucha is on the right track. And M2C is working hard on it I am sure.

Now that the towers are made out of plastic, they allow some flex, so a T2T brace like this is likely a better option than it was on the 6S line anyway. Would look better if it was red or black anno'd. Still nice to see though.
Oh no, the chassis bent. Here's what I hear with all these mehs.
And now I've spent an hour on youtube watching baby goat videos... lol!
Distraction FTW!!!

Now that the towers are made out of plastic, they allow some flex, so a T2T brace like this is likely a better option than it was on the 6S line anyway. Would look better if it was red or black anno'd. Still nice to see though.

And now I've spent an hour on youtube watching baby goat videos... lol!
Distraction FTW!!!
LOL...... listen to Goat screaming remixes on YouTube. It’s amazing

I'll pass on the 8S Kraton. Now, give me a 1/5th 8S Senton, and I'm all over it. The Mojave isn't big enough, and I don't feel like converting my 5T 2.0 to electric.

I got to fondle one today for the 1st time. I also had it sitting side by side with an X-Maxx. It's bigger in person than it looks in photos. Meh was not one of the words I used to express my thoughts.
Agree , just got mine tonight , it looks smaller in pics/videos cause usually there is nothing running with it to compare size . The Losi DBXL-E is the same concept , it is bigger in person .

Attachments

• IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 57
Ditto. I was 100% sure I was getting this and then decided not to and bought the 6s. Ive been upgrading it and loving it since. Just finished the front and rear Hot Racing diffs, and am waiting on some 200K to finish up the center.
You are going to end up with a more expensive Kraton than the 8s. My 6s surely is by at least $300.

I really think they could have made some chassis channels in the rear section and it would be stronger and less likely to bend. They made these channels in other areas of the chassis, but they neglected to add them to the most narrow section. I would like to see someone make a support like a skid plate sized piece that just reinforced that section. It would be less cost than another chassis and lighter too.
I took a front ST Top plate I had sitting in my bin and mounted it onto the rear of my K6S. I was able to dial out most of the chassis's "twist". And maybe reduced a small amount of F/R flex. I took the bare chassis on the bench and twisted it and flexed it to see where the best place to mount it would be and I achieved decent results.
20191207_125631.jpg

Last edited:
You are going to end up with a more expensive Kraton than the 8s. My 6s surely is by at least $300.

Non comparable imo, let's wait to see the all in numbers after all the k8s upgrades..

A $500 6s kraton with $500 worth of upgrades sounds beyond bullet proof to me even at the $100 over the cost of the kraton 8s... add a esc, motor, m2c chassis, pinion, and possibly braces if needed and it will approach the 2k number quickly...

Non comparable imo, let's wait to see the all in numbers after all the k8s upgrades..

A $500 6s kraton with $500 worth of upgrades sounds beyond bullet proof to me even at the $100 over the cost of the kraton 8s... add a esc, motor, m2c chassis, pinion, and possibly braces if needed and it will approach the 2k number quickly...
Nah. No way $2000. And I'll be able to take this things I could never take my 6S. We need to stop comparing the two scales. Even the cost thing is getting old. It's not an issue for me and this truck isn't expensive for its size.

Nah. No way $2000. And I'll be able to take this things I could never take my 6S. We need to stop comparing the two scales. Even the cost thing is getting old. It's not an issue for me and this truck isn't expensive for its size.
Its getting old. More bang for the buck is subjective and relative to scale. If the 8s had a different Body and Name, maybe opinions would be different. Because I see too many comparisons being made between the 1/8 and 1/5 Katon. I don't get it. Maybe Photos and videos are deceiving and confusing? Unless you own both, you don't see enough difference beyond the price.:unsure: I don't own an 8s yet, but is see and understand the scale class difference. And there is nothing to compare between the two.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back