Typhon Any interest in a list ranking everyone's personal bests on the forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea of an unlimited class, for this class I would say almost anything should be allowed power wise, just that it has to be a 1/7 or 1/8 Arrma chassis, (limitless/infraction/felony/typhon) and no rocket motors or EDF or the like allowed. Maybe mandate a min and max tire diameter as well. Body style could be GT or open wheel, whatever is preferred. Run whatever wing is preferred. Make the rules liberal, If there’s too many regulations in this class then many of the fastest cars would turn out to be illegal in some way or another and wouldn’t be eligible to run, and we wouldn’t really be seeing who is fastest. Have an RTR class also, one with more defined rules and limitations. This would put the focus more on the drivers ability instead of equipment. I would run in both
See this sounds like the list that’s already together, with the exception of your Hobao Hyper VTE and one X-Maxx. How about we call this the “Unlimited” class and also have a “Bone Stock” class? I just don’t want too many lists if they’re not significantly different. Seeing that this is the Arrma Forum, I could understand justifying that rankings on the list be limited to Arrma platforms.

Then let's do an "unlimited" class. I like the name already. Here would be my first thoughts.

1. Original Arrma chassis
2. A body.
3. Stock wing
4. Inside chassis part switch o.k.
5. 6s
6. Your choice of power plant - if you can mount 357 Chevy engine in there, that's fine. Those turbo jet engines, although I hate them, fine.

Then you will have some numbers to post.
I like the idea of an unlimited class, for this class I would say almost anything should be allowed power wise, just that it has to be a 1/7 or 1/8 Arrma chassis, (limitless/infraction/felony/typhon) and no rocket motors or EDF or the like allowed. Maybe mandate a min and max tire diameter as well. Body style could be GT or open wheel, whatever is preferred. Run whatever wing is preferred. Make the rules liberal, If there’s too many regulations in this class then many of the fastest cars would turn out to be illegal in some way or another and wouldn’t be eligible to run, and we wouldn’t really be seeing who is fastest. Have an RTR class also, one with more defined rules and limitations. This would put the focus more on the drivers ability instead of equipment. I would run in both

I don't think we need to fully reinvent the wheel and should probably follow similar class definitions already established (links below). I believe getting too restrictive on rules can ruin your abilities to think outside the box and do something unique.

I like the current list simplicity which avoids having multiple lists..... I think categories of: what vehicle it is, then note the cell count beside it (like it has) this allows for a single list and people can easily see cell counts and vehicle type there.

-To me Unlimited or electric open as ROSSA defines is "anything goes" short of putting a radio control on your 1:1 car and calling it an RC car. If you put limitations on the word unlimited that is just crazy ;)

http://rossa.org.uk/classdefinitions.html

https://worldsfastestrc.com/

I don't like the idea of restricting tire size or body/wing usage for any class. If someone comes up with a new tire made in their garage or a body design more power to them!

***edited for the 5th time or more. I like a single list without classes.

Last edited:
@GMballistic both runs are recorded! I'm making the RTR list now.
@rotauq I'll accept the 121mph for now until you post up a new PB :cool:
@Notorious J and @Notoriousone noted! Thanks for posting up.

And Liberty and I have the same idea for the RTR class; we're relying on the forum to keep the competition honest. 6S is the natural cell limit because of the stock ESC, so that's taken care of. Thanks for your thoughts!
No worries. I took the liberty of fixing the list myself.
1615318761699.png

I have a custom wing. I don't know why you would restrict the wing and body??🤦‍♂️
im not quite sure but i think @Exc3l got like 106 with his typhon 3s im not sure you'll have to ask him (y)
Don't have a video. Uggh. Wish someone recorded it. @Edough13, How do u record ur speed run vids?

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of restricting tire size or body/wing usage for any class. If someone comes up with a new tire made in their garage or a body design more power to them!

***edited for the 5th time or more. I like a single list without classes.
Had to do a double-take when I reread your post; I couldn't keep up with the changes😂

Also, what I'm hearing from you is "As soon as I come up with a new tire and another body shell, I wanna use them!" More power to YOU, my friend

Too many rules takes the fun out for me. I will “run what I brung” and y’all can tell me where you want to rank it. I do it for my personal achievement, not to impress others or out do someone else to prove I’m better than them. I see others PB’s as a measuring stick or a goal. I don’t need to beat your PB, but at the same time it pushes us to go beyond our comfort zones. I would have been out the pst few days for a pass but it has been so dang windy.

Too many rules takes the fun out for me. I will “run what I brung” and y’all can tell me where you want to rank it. I do it for my personal achievement, not to impress others or out do someone else to prove I’m better than them. I see others PB’s as a measuring stick or a goal. I don’t need to beat your PB, but at the same time it pushes us to go beyond our comfort zones. I would have been out the pst few days for a pass but it has been so dang windy.
Definitely. I like having @Edough13 as an influencer. Once the snow goes away I will be coming for him. I am not trying to beat him but I want to see how my 6s Typhon does against him. He has more room on his platform than mine. He can fit 8s batts, Bigger ESC, and many more. I have less weight! LMAO

This brings up another question. What qualifies as stock electronics? What came with the vehicle? The limitless doesn’t come with any... Does any Firma/Spectrum qualify as stock...?

Since we’re deciding on rules. 😉
My bad.. I wasn’t implying we should add a bunch of rules, I was just questioning what stock is...
I agree with @jondilly1974 too many rules will take the fun out of it for me as well.

I have a custom wing. I don't know why you would restrict the wing and body??🤦‍♂️

Don't have a video. Uggh. Wish someone recorded it. @Edough13, How do u record ur speed run vids?
With my phone on a clip mounted on my hat lol. Hopefully get a GoPro soon as my wife also wants one for her horse stuff so win win for us both to get one.
IMG_20210310_172034646.jpg

Definitely. I like having @Edough13 as an influencer. Once the snow goes away I will be coming for him. I am not trying to beat him but I want to see how my 6s Typhon does against him. He has more room on his platform than mine. He can fit 8s batts, Bigger ESC, and many more. I have less weight! LMAO
Glad I am pushing a few of us on here as I've only recently got serious into speed runs over the last couple months so it's humbling to hear a rookie like myself is keeping the competition going. I definitely look up to @jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii @The Donut Man and others and just hope to one day come close but it keeps driving me to push for more!
Might get a bit harder for ya @Exc3l @Notorious J as I think I'm going to ask for the ok on some CNHL 4s 90c packs and a TP 4050 when the wife gets home in a few 🤣

Last edited:
Had to do a double-take when I reread your post; I couldn't keep up with the changes😂

Also, what I'm hearing from you is "As soon as I come up with a new tire and another body shell, I wanna use them!" More power to YOU, my friend

I don't believe I'll ever make my own tire, but I often do body shells. My time is tried up with this new build but may offer bodies in the future.

I recently tried making a body out of chopped strand fiberglass and didn't have all the air bubble surface issues that I have had with carbon fiber. Patching those issues after it came out of the mold left a sour 1 month of labor taste in my mouth. Only issue I see with this chopped strand fiberglass is the weight. I may at some point try e-glass and see how that goes.
This chopped strand body was pretty great in that it came out of the mold ready to go!

Honestly the best thing is to invest in a GoPro. The image stabilization helps a ton.
My early videos shot on my cell phone are painful to watch with all the shaking!

There are tons of cheap options for camera mounts for hats or like I use, a chest mount.

i found something that might be useful to speedrunners trying to record their speedruns:
Luxury-RC-Tactic-TTX300-Camera-Mount-2.jpg
Luxury-RC-Tactic-TTX300-Camera-Mount-1.jpg

here is a link:
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/luxury-rc-tactic-ttx300-camera-mount/
(it also seems you can attach a GoPro or a phone depending on what you have but i would assume probably everyone has ditched the tactic ttx300 for something better 🤷‍♂️)

Hey speed runners! I'm curious: would anyone else enjoy seeing a list of everyone's PBs on here? A Facebook group I'm part of has a document ranking the fastest speeds of each member, and for me the competitive spirit has been a great motivator to keep pushing. I would love to see if we could bring that same idea to the forum! I would be willing to head up creating a list and updating it regularly as people post new PBs. Maybe if it catches on we could make it a sticky thread?
Ohh yeah I got 67 gps from my Typhon mega 4s

6671BB91-BA40-4E5E-89F6-A68B6E1992BE.jpeg

Ohh yeah I got 67 gps from my Typhon mega 4s

View attachment 131913
Do you have a video to go with this? There’s also a dedicated sticky thread at the top of the Speed Demons section where everyone can post their runs; we won’t be using this thread anymore now that the list is made!

Runs thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runners-how-fast-did-you-go-today.24467/

List thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-run-list-personal-bests-of-the-forum.35486/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back