Typhon Any interest in a list ranking everyone's personal bests on the forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the stock electronics category idea; the only thing is it would be tricky to compile all those numbers unless people DM'ed them or responded in this thread. Do you have any idea who's running the stock electronics?
This brings up another question. What qualifies as stock electronics? What came with the vehicle? The limitless doesn’t come with any... Does any Firma/Spectrum qualify as stock...?

Since we’re deciding on rules. 😉

This brings up another question. What qualifies as stock electronics? What came with the vehicle? The limitless doesn’t come with any... Does any Firma/Spectrum qualify as stock...?

Stock electronics would be primarily for the Typhon 6S but any other RTR Arrma car as well. In my mind the Limitless wouldn't be eligible for this category. Might as well call it the RTR category for clarity!

I was originally going to include only Arrma platforms, but if it's got a top speed on the forum, I'll count it! Excited to see your belt-driven project if you decide to share it. The list is updated and you're now sprinkled throughout :cool:

I like the stock electronics category idea; the only thing is it would be tricky to compile all those numbers unless people DM'ed them or responded in this thread. Do you have any idea who's running the stock electronics?
I agree with the RTR category which would eliminate the Limitless sadly. (unless we only count it with the same setup found in the Felon/Infraction.)

I think most of us tried running stock electronics before we spent tons of money upgrading our ESCs and motors LOL
I think @GMballistic went pretty fast with a Typhon on stock electronics, but that car now has Castle guts in it.

Last edited:
I think most of us tried running stock electronics before we spent tons of money upgrading our ESCs and motors LOL
I think @GMballistic went pretty fast with a Typhon on stock electronics, but that car now has Castle guts in it.
Yes Liberty I had all stock electronics for a fair while and was consistently in the mid to high 90's just couldn't get to that magic 100 until I changed my ESC. Soon as I did that it was easy.
Got a 94mph run on video here below with the stock set up (best run on stock was 99mph).

Current PB with the Typhon is 114.78mph that I recorded at ROSSA UK last year but I was hampered by my own mistake with the pinion gearing.
Results.jpg

Thought I was using a 32T but it was actually only a 29T that I had put on for testing before ROSSA. :cautious::rolleyes:
Got a 35T fitted now already ready to go so no mistakes this year. :LOL:

@rotauq is missing on this list
The only 'proof' video i've ever posted on the forum was my fpv run 195kph/121mph - limitless GT 8S , but it's edited and i don't show a zeroed out gps at the start. So it does not meet the proofing criteria. I'll have to put in some effort to make the list.

Also I lost my 020 gps in last weekend's crash :(

I was originally going to include only Arrma platforms, but if it's got a top speed on the forum, I'll count it! Excited to see your belt-driven project if you decide to share it. The list is updated and you're now sprinkled throughout :cool:

My T6S stock best was 98 mph. 102 mph came with an MM2 and stock motor. The T3S has all Arrma electronics but using 6s, so it's Arrma Typhon stock but from a different Arrma Typhon. Sounds like there's going to be many lists. Still love this idea.

Nice idea! We should have had this before.. A slight edit is needed on the list though, I did 132mph with both my Limitless and my Hobao Hyper VT.. Soon I'll be moving up that list, I've made a few changes to the cars and will be out testing asap..

Stock electronics? The reason for "stock" classification is to make sure everyone has the same power plant, and the win would then have to be because of the driver. But the cars play a lot in that role with setup, tires, driver error, no. This is a test of speed and who can go the fastest, correct? I mean, it's not just to advertise that ARRMA plays it straight.

In any event that tests anyone to determine a detail of that performance (in this case, speed), and being that the car remains as unchanged as possible, must recognize that speed is determined by the power plant. You cannot put a limit on that part.
So, this would have to be in an "Unlimited" category. Maybe have some rules, like 'It must have a body', or 'No more than 8s'. Other than that what is the point of who is the fastest?.

Last edited:
Stock electronics? The reason for "stock" classification is to make sure everyone has the same power plant, and the win would then have to be because of the driver. But the cars play a lot in that role with setup, tires, driver error, no. This is a test of speed and who can go the fastest, correct? I mean, it's not just to advertise that ARRMA plays it straight.

In any event that tests anyone to determine a detail of that performance (in this case, speed), and being that the car remains as unchanged as possible, must recognize that speed is determined by the power plant. You cannot put a limit on that part.
So, this would have to be in a "Limitless" category, (not the name of the car).
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you just said.

The idea of a stock electronics list is that even with the same ESC and motor, top speed is down to battery, aerodynamics, gearing, trigger pull, etc. There's a lot of room for people to push for speed in all those areas, just like many forms of full-size racing have standardized components that everyone shares. It drives innovation :cool:

I'm sorry, I have no idea what you just said.

The idea of a stock electronics list is that even with the same ESC and motor, top speed is down to battery, aerodynamics, gearing, trigger pull, etc. There's a lot of room for people to push for speed in all those areas, just like many forms of full-size racing have standardized components that everyone shares. It drives innovation :cool:
I'll cut the metaphors and get down to the chase (pun intended). The elements of creating a "Stock" class are overwhelming. Even with video verification, so many things, unseen, could be done, All I am saying is that if you are looking for who is fastest, maybe you could limit the amount of cells, but I can't imagine having it any other way than "Unlimited". Sorry for the typo. -Dave

I'll cut the metaphors and get down to the chase (pun intended). The elements of creating a "Stock" class are overwhelming. Even with video verification, so many things, unseen, could be done, All I am saying is that if you are looking for who is fastest, maybe you could limit the amount of cells, but I can't imagine having it any other way than "Unlimited". Sorry for the typo. -Dave
There will always be people who try to bend rules or cheat.
We typically know who they are ;) If not no big deal. They wont go to the top of the list without a MMX8s or XLX series ESC anyway.

The idea we all came up with (I believe) was a RTR class for a stock vehicle where you modify any elements of the car except for the ESC and motor.

@GMballistic both runs are recorded! I'm making the RTR list now.
@rotauq I'll accept the 121mph for now until you post up a new PB :cool:
@Notorious J and @Notoriousone noted! Thanks for posting up.

And Liberty and I have the same idea for the RTR class; we're relying on the forum to keep the competition honest. 6S is the natural cell limit because of the stock ESC, so that's taken care of. Thanks for your thoughts!

@rotauq I'll accept the 121mph for now until you post up a new PB :cool:
Nicer weather is coming up, some new parts/adjustments are almost there. As long as i don't keep crashing i should be able to match/improve my official non-arrma forum validated 139mph PB. Until now i figured if it's not 150+mph it's not worth the mention, but this list makes it worthwhile.

I found my 015 gps, less fancy as the 020 but good enough to validate ;)

There will always be people who try to bend rules or cheat.
We typically know who they are ;) If not no big deal. They wont go to the top of the list without a MMX8s or XLX series ESC anyway.

The idea we all came up with (I believe) was a RTR class for a stock vehicle where you modify any elements of the car except for the ESC and motor.
Then let's do an "unlimited" class. I like the name already. Here would be my first thoughts.

1. Original Arrma chassis
2. A body.
3. Stock wing
4. Inside chassis part switch o.k.
5. 6s
6. Your choice of power plant - if you can mount 357 Chevy engine in there, that's fine. Those turbo jet engines, although I hate them, fine.

Then you will have some numbers to post.

I like the idea of an unlimited class, for this class I would say almost anything should be allowed power wise, just that it has to be a 1/7 or 1/8 Arrma chassis, (limitless/infraction/felony/typhon) and no rocket motors or EDF or the like allowed. Maybe mandate a min and max tire diameter as well. Body style could be GT or open wheel, whatever is preferred. Run whatever wing is preferred. Make the rules liberal, If there’s too many regulations in this class then many of the fastest cars would turn out to be illegal in some way or another and wouldn’t be eligible to run, and we wouldn’t really be seeing who is fastest. Have an RTR class also, one with more defined rules and limitations. This would put the focus more on the drivers ability instead of equipment. I would run in both

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back