Felony Drag Time List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to the races last night with the stock vendetta on 4s. Was racing a outlaw street eliminator and got him every time!

Snapchat-1421216347.jpg

Went to the races last night with the stock vendetta on 4s. Was racing a outlaw street eliminator and got him every time!

View attachment 319485
Did you notice any differences after cutting out tray an moving pack forward??curious if it helped your times an handling for dragging the detta??

What about them low pros??they are lighter an ya shoulda seen gains there also.badass car btw,killing everything else cause your 2ish lbs +++ lighter than the

What about them low pros??they are lighter an ya shoulda seen gains there also.badass car btw,killing everything else cause your 2ish lbs +++ lighter than the rest...
I have a guy from Memphis coming to race me this coming Saturday and I'm gonna put the GPS on and test. I guarantee it'll hook up better than the non low profile bsr and free up some electronic horsepower

To any of you, that drag race with a RadioLink RC6GS, would you mind sharing a general idea of where to start with tuning the Transmitter for drag launches? Do you use one of the 'THEXP' settings, or 'THSPD', or a combination of the two? Or something else?

View attachment 319485
Nice, I was planning to do something similar with my 'detta. I don't really have much room to run speed passes or bash off-road around my house so I think am going to slowly convert most of my cars to drag cars and/or street bashers.

What about them low pros??they are lighter an ya shoulda seen gains there also.badass car btw,killing everything else cause your 2ish lbs +++ lighter than the rest...

To any of you, that drag race with a RadioLink RC6GS, would you mind sharing a general idea of where to start with tuning the Transmitter for drag launches? Do you use one of the 'THEXP' settings, or 'THSPD', or a combination of the two? Or something else?

Nice, I was planning to do something similar with my 'detta. I don't really have much room to run speed passes or bash off-road around my house so I think am going to slowly convert most of my cars to drag cars and/or street bashers.
Try throttle speed 1 and turn it down to zero and work your way up

Is it better to have 1 6S or 2 3S batteries?
For Felony/Infraction I prefer 2x3S to balance the weight. Had many runs with 6S as well land works just fine but a little off-balanced.
Other than that no real reason to go either way on any car. 3S will always need an additional serial connector.

In short: personal preference

Hadn't been running much since it was our rainy season but been back out messing with my 2wd creation. Definitely has become my favorite car to run.
20230930_184232.jpg

Mojave chassis with Limitless towers & arms
TP 4070 2200
MMX8s
Azure 6500mah 3s packs (6s)

New pb for the car. Previous was 1.68 on 7s.
Screenshot_20231016-012322_GNSS PA.jpg

@DaSL0WNESS I hope you are doing well.
I have a Rlaarlo 787 that I am going to drag race, I have 2S and 3S packs that will work for it. I was wondering if I should start with 2S and then if I max 2S out I move to 3S or should I just start tuning with 3S? I have only run it on 2S, 22/54 gearing I achieved 52mph, I want to gear the spur down to 44t that should get me around 60mph.

It’s been awhile!

I’m trying to get this 1/7 VTE2 down to 1.8sec on 4S in 132ft. Here’s the progress so far.

Setup:
- XLX2
- 1721-2400kv Castle
- 40/27 (2.3sec) and 40/29 (2.1sec)
- Stock diffs
- Azure LiPo batteries

IMG_8145.jpeg
IMG_8143.jpeg
IMG_8291.png

Did some tuning adjustments and got it down to 2.1sec in 132ft with a battery that wasn’t fully charged and cold.
IMG_8414.jpeg
IMG_8416.png
IMG_8422.jpeg
IMG_8417.jpeg
IMG_8418.jpeg

Was only able to get in two passes before the rain started.

Charged the batteries and got some passes in before a screw came off the steering post.

I actually got slower due to excessive wheel spin.
IMG_8562.png
IMG_8561.jpeg

I went up on the low and middle in hopes to improve launch, get faster out the gate. Talking with my buddy, I could try bringing the first stage (point 1) down from 30 to 15 to start. This would be getting out the prep on the ground, that’s where the car needs the most power.

I wished I filmed the launches but from memory the launches from the prep beautifully, but once 15-20ft down the track I can see it starting to slip.

IMG_8564.png
IMG_8563.jpeg

On this run I got slower. I tried spreading the points (point 1 to point 2) farther away. I figured the ramp in time from the middle would be softer over a longer distance. And to compensate for a softer middle I added in to the highs. I also added more ramp to the low. I broke the rules of changing too many variables at once, so I don’t know what affected what.

IMG_8567.png
IMG_8566.jpeg

On this hit I tried softening the top end but again no success. Unfortunately at this point the steering screw came off the post and I don’t have a replacement in the tool box so I had to wrap it up.

The big issue seems to be from about 20ft down the track. Slipping here eats up the acceleration.

Talking with my buddy we were assessing probable causes.

1) Could be too light
2) Road Surface
3) Foam hardness

I’ve ordered some Contact 25shore, exact opposite of the BSR purples I have on it. Hard foam doesn't absorb the sticky prep as well as the softer ones, so it doesn’t carry out down the track as long as the softer ones.

I’m also going to switch roads and might go up a tooth on the pinion or down the spool. Hoping that’ll pull off some acceleration and give it more top speed.

I don’t wanna change too many things at once and make the same mistake. So we’ll switch back to the original tune and see how a better road and grippier foams affects things.

Back