Big Rock Anybody running a Dusty Motors dust cover? UPDATED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting a while for this question. I have the sexiest answer in RC. Pantyhose! I've been out in the snow this season, and the internals hardly see water! Cut my first cover off today, only because the "runs" on the bottom were not to my liking. One cheap dollar store pair, can make four to six covers. Cut off the feet and the tops, and use the leg part. Breathable for air flow, but dense enough to keep almost everything else out. The Traxxas boys might laugh, but you'll be the one that gets the last laugh. $3 for 4 to 6 covers, no cumbersome zippers or velcro, and you just roll it back to do any work. Nothing to lose by giving it a try.
Great job, great idea, thanks for sharing.

Get some in pink the Traxxas boys will love them.

I got the Dusty Motors dust cover from T-Bone Racing in just a couple of days. It came with plenty of velcro, a couple of DM stickers and a cover. I got it put on today and took it to the spot. Dry, small gravel that usually caused a stop and shake the rocks out every couple of minutes. I did donuts as tight as it would, all 4 wheels slinging rocks and dirt every where, hit the ramp and nosed it in the first time and NO ROCKS in the steering. I did get one stuck in a shock that had me thinking I broke something though. I ran a full 3s pack threw it. It was as clean as it was when I left. My only concern is going to be the heat this summer. I forgot my temp gun but I could touch the motor and it was fairly hot. I don't care, I got to run it and not have to mess with it.

I took my BRCC out today to show off for my cousins with their Traxxis trucks and about every 5 minutes, I was stopped pulling the body and digging out rocks. I made a little cover to go between the servo and mud guard out of a CD cover but I've decided that most of the rocks get kicked up under the body and get funneled down in the frame when you are hammering on it coming out of a turn. I thought about taking a piece of alum. screen wire and making a cover to go over the frame. I'm gonna figure something out one way or another. This is the only complaint I have with this truck. I've seen the Dusty Motors Dust Covers and was wondering if anybody tried one yet?

Did you end up ordering the M+? Can you post some pictures of it installed? Thanks!

Sorry about the quality and size of the pictures. I can't figure out how to resize them.

I know this is stupid but how do you get them over the car lmaooooo, do you have to take wheels and suspension off , or will they stretch over everything, I absolutely love this idea because I was just about to speed 25$ on a cover or try make my own.
Sorry about the quality and size of the pictures. I can't figure out how to resize them.
View attachment 33310View attachment 33311View attachment 33312
So that's a m+ size from dusty covers???

Dusty covers - Velcro on. Hose - wheels off, stretch over the rest. Seen a YT vid once on install.

What??? Lol velcro??? Thought was just hose , please leave link to video

Yup it's easy, once learn the part of the pantyhose that catch your car the best they will stay in place but still be easy to change the battery only shity thing is they get tore up really easy so after about three runs their toast. I have a Dusty motor cover just have not put it on yet waiting to do a chassis swap I think the pantyhose are a great way to protect your electronics if that's what you're worried about or just to keep your car clean and work gray until you can get your hands on a Dusty motor cover which I assume will eventually peel off because most tapes and velcro wear out any way

Here's the problem with the pantyhose trick....the bottom is going to get ripped apart in no time flat. I tried this on my Kraton, and it was shredded within 2 minutes of bashing in dirt/rocks. It works for the 3s rigs and Notorious because they have an all around tray for the elastic waist to "clip" onto, but for the Kraton it's a problem waiting to happen with the hose possibly getting stuck in the driveshafts lol Be cautious!

Just came across this thread and have decided that I'm going to try the pantyhose trick on my kraton 4s. Has anyone tried adding tape to the hose underneath to help stop it from tearing?

Update on my status for dust covers. Moving forward, I will only use them in the winter to keep snow out. As for summer and dusty conditions, I'm just rinsing the rigs after heavy runs in dirt and dust, then drying them with a compressor. They are a recipe for over heating in warmer conditions, and if you clean your rigs after each run, it's better practice anyways. This means you are also cleaning the parts that are not covered and should not be overlooked. Panty hose work very well in winter as they do not get eaten up as quickly running over snow, but a dedicated dust cover is still the best choice. For the two bashers that I use in the winter, I have a separate set of side guards for each with the velcro strap attached. This means I don't have that velcro picking up dirt and debris when running the same trucks in the nicer weather.

I second that , nothing worse then getting a run in your hoes then wrapping them up in a axel😂, and the only real benefit I see is on the 3s series keeping stuff from eating up your center Drive shaft.

Thanks for the update.

I find a hose and an electric leaf blower works well in removing mud and debris this time of year (winter in the Southern Hemisphere).

G’day,

I bought my first Arrma, a big rock v3 and read through the forum on dust covers.

The only one I found was a size L universal Dusty Motors cover, but the cost from US to Australia is about $70AUD.

I end up using an old laundry bag with zipper and $3 worth of 19mm Velcro hook and it came out alright. Time will tell if it last.

CA2FFACC-1B14-4BF7-88A4-C7D9654EA35F.jpeg

55932871-CE0B-4036-B5E8-4766470638C5.jpeg

A70EFFDC-C41C-4711-BDE8-2243D7644279.jpeg

5A5F9FDB-E94C-4202-A093-D128108A4868.jpeg

6B62950D-F21B-4FB2-90FB-6DCDC32247D5.jpeg

04F89149-7791-4A50-BB93-C3D417194A57.jpeg

1E25C9AC-924F-43A0-8C73-6E1CDBAEE6C1.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back