Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was my luck it would snap off the ears of the bulkhead.
I'm actually hoping that would happen so i can rip into it :LOL: But the truck hasn't been very cooperative on that point so far. Most of the core truck that I thought would implode is still going strong.

hello new to this forum hopefully someone can help. Need drive cups for kaiju and they are sold out everywhere. does anyone know if there is a set that will fit even it takes modification idc. Or if some I need has a set to sell I will pay top dollar

Well hitting that wall at full speed did more damage than I thought. Bent a couple of the bolts on the bottom of the diff covers, lost a couple of them, I bent the motor mount and the center driveshaft (I will bend them back with my brass BFH), and the right front drive shaft popped out. I still don't see anything broken like gears though. Diffs are fine. Not bad for such a big sudden impact ?.
hello new to this forum hopefully someone can help. Need drive cups for kaiju and they are sold out everywhere. does anyone know if there is a set that will fit even it takes modification idc. Or if some I need has a set to sell I will pay top dollar
Damn. I think I have a couple but I need them. All you need to do is to replace them and put a bearing or those sleeves that they sell and the problem goes away. How about buying a couple of whole diffs?

Nope, that honor is still for my K8S. I'm running it more than anything now. I still haven't touched the O8S because of it. This truck is climbing the list though, but all that fetching won't cut it :ROFLMAO:
Yup l'm still running stock electronics on my K8S with a 23t pinion. It flies longer and more stable than both my Outcast 8s and Xmaxx 8s. I got like 5 backflips out of it (one backflip per jump) and I still can't believe how much abuse it has taken with almost no issues. So much stability when going full throttle anywhere too. So the K8S is my favorite RC that I have.

Well hitting that wall at full speed did more damage than I thought. Bent a couple of the bolts on the bottom of the diff covers, lost a couple of them, I bent the motor mount and the center driveshaft (I will bend them back with my brass BFH), and the right front drive shaft popped out. I still don't see anything broken like gears though. Diffs are fine. Not bad for such a big sudden impact ?.

Damn. I think I have a couple but I need them. All you need to do is to replace them and put a bearing or those sleeves that they sell and the problem goes away. How about buying a couple of whole diffs?
Even the whole diffs are sold out everywhere lol I got the rc precision cups to go over them when I get a set but out of stock everywhere

Same boat... I bought a whole diff to get cups. Smashed two more... been looking on ebay. Think i paid like $30 for the full diff, haven't seen any this week... Redcat support says they don’t have an specific date, but ETA was 1-3 weeks for diff cups.

Sucks! New truck, sitting.

I feel like buying a new truck was a rookie mistake... Parts a availability is at the top of my list for my next RC purchase.

Same boat... I bought a whole diff to get cups. Smashed two more... been looking on ebay. Think i paid like $30 for the full diff, haven't seen any this week... Redcat support says they don’t have an specific date, but ETA was 1-3 weeks for diff cups.

I feel like buying a new truck was a rookie mistake... Parts a availability is at the top of my list for my next RC purchase.
These problems aren't limited to Redcat, look at Arrma entire vehicles on backorder until next March, there are so many parts that people cannot get as well, a lot of the other big brands are having the same problems.

I work at a furniture store and we have the same problems, parts are on backorder and we have items that are backordered until January, the craziest thing is people are buying the crap out of furniture we actually have had the busiest summer in years.

Gonna try a few different ones see if I can make something work. In meantime got new arrma senton 3s and after driving and ripping that around im done buying redcat.

Gonna try a few different ones see if I can make something work. In meantime got new arrma senton 3s and after driving and ripping that around im done buying redcat.
Yeah the drive cups are weak. No more issues with me breaking those after putting the bearings on the outside.

Do the bearings on the outside work better than the extreme precision cup covers?
I'm not sure since I haven't tried it yet. I've only done the bearing trick. According to Megasty yes.

For the guys who've rebuilt the diff in the Kaiju, what kinda diff fluid goes back in? I haven't seen the weight specs? and I'm too much of a newb to guess. Whatever stock was, is cool. I still haven't run it on 6S...

For the guys who've rebuilt the diff in the Kaiju, what kinda diff fluid goes back in? I haven't seen the weight specs? and I'm too much of a newb to guess. Whatever stock was, is cool. I still haven't run it on 6S...
I think someone posted the stock specs somewhere around here.

I put 50k front 30k in the rear and 250k in the middle. It seems to be working fine for me.

Do the bearings on the outside work better than the extreme precision cup covers?
I bought everything ExPre had for the Kaiju. The rear hubs needed a ton of work to get the bearings to fit. Redcat's upgrade is a stronger metal & a perfect fit. The drive cup covers had a lip on the end that the shaft ate into making it nearly impossible to remove w/o some extreme persuasion. I'd rather put the bearing on it & forget it.

Last edited:
I think someone posted the stock specs somewhere around here.
I don't believe Redcat would even knows what diff oils are in their Kaiju. Call Redcat and ask. They will probably guess anyway....at the sake of not looking stupid.....:LOL:

Back