Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ I know. You are correct.
RedCat is just not getting another penny from me again.
Maybe in another life perhaps. :ROFLMAO:
Even if someone was too give me one for free, I couldn't find myself giving it a fair review. I have to be honest.:)
I am just too critical and all. That's my problem. ?‍♂️

Alrighty then..

The sleeves have a lip on them because they are NOT supposed to just slide on the cups from the outside. You have to pull the diff apart, pull the cups out, install the sleeve and that lip on the sleeve sits on the inner side of the cup. Just like the picture I posted you originally quoted.
This makes way more sense. I emailed the dude at ERCP a few times and I haven't heard back. Based on the number of issues these things were causing, I figured it would be something like the parts changed, or the common sense way of installing it is wrong.

Now I have the fantastic problem of trying to get them off, and replacing the 2 I've ground down...

Even if someone was too give me one for free, I couldn't find myself giving it a fair review. I have to be honest.:)
I am just too critical and all. That's my problem. ?‍♂️
Again I feel the same way about WL Toys :ROFLMAO:

Same here.

1/4" nylon rod gorilla taped to 1/4" HDPE on top, bolted to the chassis with 20mm M3 12.9 hex screws.

I've beat & worked on this thing enough to know that it's rife with flaws only upgrades & mods can remedy, like most RCs. The only difference with stuff like Trx, this, Arrma, Losi, etc is whether I feel the truck is worth the effort in fixing it up & it's completely subjective. I had this truck for a year & I'm still fumbling with it while I had the Maxx for 3 weeks & sold it :rolleyes:

I think the bumper was one of the first mods but it was such a hack job that I blew right over it.

Great fast job you did there.
Only issues is the bottom bumper screws you screw in there.
They come out alot.
You will have alot issues when these hits ground or bigger rocks.

s-l640.jpg

These type are wrong use under .

You need
this type

145.jpg

They must sink in .

Change them.
Make it flat and smooth before you run.

Otherwise you will have alot problems

Last edited:
Great fast job you did there.
Only issues is the bottom bumper screws you screw in there.
They come out alot.
You will have alot issues when these hits ground or bigger rocks.

View attachment 116746
These type are wrong use under .

You need
this type

View attachment 116747

They must sink in .

Change them.
Make it flat and smooth before you run.

Otherwise you will have alot problems
I get a lot of that. I don't use countersunk screws anymore. I don't pummel my cars of pavement enough to warrant them. Plus, m4 cs screws use 2.5 hex which easily get filled with the cement clay & turns into rock. M4 bolts uses 3.0 hex, which are easier to get the grit out. Even if I hit the pavement more often, I would increase the thickness of the HDPE to 5/16 or 3/8 to have enough material to make the bolts flush.

I get a lot of that. I don't use countersunk screws anymore. I don't pummel my cars of pavement enough to warrant them. Plus, m4 cs screws use 2.5 hex which easily get filled with the cement clay & turns into rock. M4 bolts uses 3.0 hex, which are easier to get the grit out. Even if I hit the pavement more often, I would increase the thickness of the HDPE to 5/16 or 3/8 to have enough material to make the bolts flush.

Okey.
You did alot wrong here.
Improvments need to be good always out to all.
Silicone spray makes screws antistac, They avoid collect dust this ways.

I will newer watch one video you do again.

I like professional only.

I never seem to run out of troll food either . . .

never mind

You are trolling self i believe.
No one use this screws like you do ever under chassies parts

You are trolling self i believe.
Yep, I too would be trolling myself if I cared about what other did with their cars. ATM, I only care about stuff that could help & improve these rigs. Unfortunately, those overlap quite frequently.

Megasty ?

You like to make this rig last to others or to your self only ?

Better screws, and use silicone spray ?
This is the only right way do it.

Why not agree ?
Im trying help you buddy.

come on

We just had a pretty bad wet snow that I had to run 4 rigs in. They were fairly messed up but cleaned up well since I WD-40'd the plastics & silicone sprayed the metals beforehand. That's the least you should do for snow. Most important is oiling the bearings afterwards with 3-in-1 oil if you don't want the whole thing to be a seized mess in a few days. Most simply spray the whole car in WD-40 after cleaning but that won't re-lube the bearings.

We just had a pretty bad wet snow that I had to run 4 rigs in. They were fairly messed up but cleaned up well since I WD-40'd the plastics & silicone sprayed the metals beforehand. That's the least you should do for snow. Most important is oiling the bearings afterwards with 3-in-1 oil if you don't want the whole thing to be a seized mess in a few days. Most simply spray the whole car in WD-40 after cleaning but that won't re-lube the bearings.

any video?

wd40 is good , expensive.
Summertime silicone spray
winter wd40

any video?

wd40 is good , expensive.
Summertime silicone spray
winter wd40
We have Wal-marts here so I can get all the different lubes dirt cheap. Anyway, I had I cleaning vid request a while ago. I made the vid yesterday but I'm stuck in the shop with a clunker that needs rebuilding. I'll get to uploading it soon.

We have Wal-marts here so I can get all the different lubes dirt cheap. Anyway, I had I cleaning vid request a while ago. I made the vid yesterday but I'm stuck in the shop with a clunker that needs rebuilding. I'll get to uploading it soon.

OKEY

make on new video.
post it here.
i don't like see old movies.
Show me the future

Okey.
You did alot wrong here.
Improvments need to be good always out to all.
Silicone spray makes screws antistac, They avoid collect dust this ways.

I will newer watch one video you do again.

I like professional only.

You seem to have very large keyboard muscles and a very weak translator, that or your English just straight sucks. Your tone will get you no where in here. Tell you what Poland, you do you, Megasty does him. Zrozumiec?

I would of used the Kaiju, but I only run my big rigs in this stuff. I'm also feeling a bit generous since unloading my wallet on a new engine :cry: I also really wasn't going to post this here at all. . .

I would love to see the Kaiju in this size, basically the RC version of an X-Maxx, that doesn't suck like the R5 :ROFLMAO: I know I'm dreaming but seriously, I think they could easily make it happen.

I would of used the Kaiju, but I only run my big rigs in this stuff. I'm also feeling a bit generous since unloading my wallet on a new engine :cry: I also really wasn't going to post this here at all. . .

I would love to see the Kaiju in this size, basically the RC version of an X-Maxx, that doesn't suck like the R5 :ROFLMAO: I know I'm dreaming but seriously, I think they could easily make it happen.

Great informative video Megasty.
Well done.
Now i need find that HEAVY DUTY crc silicone. And Orange stuff also
I have only cheap silicone, Heavy duty must be better in fast RC cars ?

Is that car you have there Cen 1/7 Reaper? How you like it?

I like that heatgun idea, i will try that after next snow bash

Last edited:
Great informative video Megasty.
Well done.
Now i need find that HEAVY DUTY crc silicone.
I have only cheap silicone, Heavy duty must be better in fast RC cars ?

Is that car you have there Cen 1/7 Reaper? How you like it?
The Cen is a blast. I hopped it to 8S & never looked back. I had the red one before but kept the stock gears in it & now it could use a rebuild. The diffs make a ton of noise. I put nemesis gst diffs in this one. They're mod 2 instead of mod 1.5 & are much heavier than the stock diffs. Finding them were a pain though. You can silicone the entire truck & most of the snow will fall off. But the stupid Wal-marts around me can't keep it in stock this time of year so I only have 4 cans right now. That might last me a month at best.

Back