Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always wary when manufacturers promise "bigger and better" updates without providing any details. That's when imaginations start running wild and people are ultimately disappointed with the product when it releases. Although I wish there would be a center diff in the 4s line, I think all we're going to get are those metal input pinions and metal crown gears that they've been working on and the basic design will remain the same (slipper clutch, plastic drive shafts, etc.). I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong, but I think this is going to be the extent of Arrma's "bigger and better" revamped 4s line.
If that's the case it's all good, more $ in the pocket!

Poor Kaiju is all sad.

48CB651A-61A2-4B99-B8D0-BCA078FFF49B.jpeg

upper arm snapped.... those columns in the roller rink can be pretty unforgiving. :(

View attachment 118095

so replace it with the same part or is there something g better I can replace it with?
That's one of the "beefier" arms too that came on my 2nd Kaiju . . . not that I ever used them. The aluminum vers been sold out for months, just like the tires.

That's one of the "beefier" arms too that came on my 2nd Kaiju . . . not that I ever used them. The aluminum vers been sold out for months, just like the tires.

Do the beefier ones have the same part number (RER12457)? Yeah, I noticed that the aluminum arms are sold out everywhere. I found that Talion Katars work pretty well on the Kaiju for ripping around on the ground / roller rink - probably not as good for sending it though.

I had to hunt down the V1 arm, but I still had one intact. The V2 arm is in the middle & I had to put mine in there :giggle:

View attachment 118266
Thanks for posting the pics. Now I know mine came with the upgraded arms, unfortunately the upgraded uppers can't compensate for the cheezy lowers☹️. If they would add some material to the lowers it would stop the broken outdrives and bent drive shafts from being a routine occurrence..RC, are ya listening??

RC is getting closer to being a brand worthy of the "hobby grade" status that they've been claiming to be..

Thanks for posting the pics. Now I know mine came with the upgraded arms, unfortunately the upgraded uppers can't compensate for the cheezy lowers☹️. If they would add some material to the lowers it would stop the broken outdrives and bent drive shafts from being a routine occurrence..RC, are ya listening??

RC is getting closer to being a brand worthy of the "hobby grade" status that they've been claiming to be..
I've been playing around with the lowers too & I think I overdid them a bit, just like the uppers. Stay tuned :ROFLMAO:

Lower arms, huh :rolleyes: A quick hideous cut job, but they seem to work. I've been modding this thing for over a year with no end in slight. If anything, it easily beats any other truck in how it keeps me entertained when not running it :ROFLMAO:

Lower arms, huh :rolleyes: A quick hideous cut job, but they seem to work. I've been modding this thing for over a year with no end in slight. If anything, it easily beats any other truck in how it keeps me entertained when not running it :ROFLMAO:

You are officially invited to gotnitro's RC driving school! :cool::p:ROFLMAO:

Hey Kaiju people!

So, tires soldout everywhere still, right? I've been looking since Christmas... haha...

Somone said Talion tires? Megasty - can you send me some more info on what kind of tires are on that Kaiju?

For a new-ish guy looking for tires, this is tough. Not all the sites list the same dimensions, and some don't list offset at all. So much time just looking for tires, I just tend to buy the stock ones. hahahah...

Just got my hands on a used Kraton 6s, v4 from a forum member here. OUTSTANDING machine! Added some fans to the motor... besides the jerky/laggy radio - loving this thing. Had to replace the rear diff ring gear after first outing... 4 chipped teeth. nose diving... ouch.

Has anyone tried the locking servo saver nut that Redcat offers for the Kaiju? The regular nut on mine keeps coming loose. I have also thought about putting a washer or two behind the nut to keep it from being able to back all the way out, if I can find the right size.

Last edited:
Hey Kaiju people!

So, tires soldout everywhere still, right? I've been looking since Christmas... haha...

Somone said Talion tires? Megasty - can you send me some more info on what kind of tires are on that Kaiju?

For a new-ish guy looking for tires, this is tough. Not all the sites list the same dimensions, and some don't list offset at all. So much time just looking for tires, I just tend to buy the stock ones. hahahah...

Just got my hands on a used Kraton 6s, v4 from a forum member here. OUTSTANDING machine! Added some fans to the motor... besides the jerky/laggy radio - loving this thing. Had to replace the rear diff ring gear after first outing... 4 chipped teeth. nose diving... ouch.
Backflip LPs or regular 3.8 Badlands. There both the same diameter as the stock tires & are definite upgrades in the handling department.

Has anyone tried the locking servo saver nut that Redcat offers for the Kaiju? The regular nut on mine keeps coming loose. I have also thought about putting a washer or two behind the nut to keep it from being able to back all the way out, if I can find the right size.
It's junk. The aluminum strips out the plastic. Just tighten the stock nut & super glue it in place. Super glue won't permanently adhere that type of plastic so it can easily come apart with a little wrench action.

A few more questions about the available upgrade parts:

Are the lower arm mounts / covers worth getting? From my uneducated guess, these don't seem like they would break very often.

What about the aluminum steering rack? I've seen one video where someone broke this, but I'm still not convinced that it'd break a lot.

I can see why the spindles and carriers might be worth upgrading to aluminum. I wish the aluminum upper arms would come in stock. I've already got the steel spur gear and aluminum servo arm installed along with the caps to strengthen the outdrives. I bought the shock caps just because they were cheap but I haven't taken the time to install them.

Also, do 6" long batteries fit in the Kaiju? I'm having a hard time finding decent 6s batteries in the 5.5" length. I dumped the dual deans connectors for a single EC5, so I'd prefer a 6s battery to 2x 3s, but I suppose I could buy or make a 2 battery adapter.

I didn't start breaking stuff until I upgraded the spur. It never lasted a whole pack on the plastic one. But then I started throwing it around like the end of days :rolleyes: I busted up the car on left side almost entirely. I busted 3 out of 4 hubs, split the steering rack in half, broke a front upper arm, & cracked both lower arms. It definitely didn't happen on one jump. But the last jump killed the upper arm & steering rack. It was probably still driving with all the other busted stuff. The mount covers does nothing. The look nice, but they really won't protect the shocks from the car itself, which is the main reason the shafts & eyelets break. They can get eaten up fairly fast but I haven't had to replace any. My 6500mah 6s pack is exactly 6" & it fits great. All you have to do it remove the rear insert. But heavy packs will break those pathetic straps, so I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08732573H/

But heavy packs will break those pathetic straps, so I use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08732573H/
Thanks for the reply. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated. I am not much for cold weather bashing so I am spending time on preventing down time. The stock straps were too short for the battery packs I am using so I bought a pair of https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eachine-RC...mera-Straps-5-colors-U-S-SELLER-/323820517936

The stock straps are 20mm x 225mm if I remember correctly. I am a little surprised that you went with 15mm wide straps instead of 20mm.

Back