Anyone interested in the new Redcat KAIJU MT 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need one guy who sends this rig hard,
Like RICH SUPERBBASH
or some other.

Please
I like to see this toy beat hard now :)

I know it will fall in many parts :)

SEND IT PLEASE

I wish I had the problems you guys are having with the cup sleeves so I have a better understanding of what some of you are going through. I've had 0 issues, 0 binding, 0 any kind of problems with mine. They work incredibly. If you are having bone pin binding issues, I'd grind down a hair off the pins. The sleeves have been a nice upgrade for me.

View attachment 116278
I first had the sleeves on like that & the cup broke off at the ends. I still had to grind off a bit of the pins so they would fit the bearings as well. I coated the cups with silicone coating to keep the bearings on. It should work for the sleeves too.

We need one guy who sends this rig hard,
Like RICH SUPERBBASH
or some other.

Please
I like to see this toy beat hard now :)

I know it will fall in many parts :)

SEND IT PLEASE
We do have a guy, his name is Megasty??
He bashes the Kaiju harder than anyone I've seen!
I first had the sleeves on like that & the cup broke off at the ends. I still had to grind off a bit of the pins so they would fit the bearings as well. I coated the cups with silicone coating to keep the bearings on. It should work for the sleeves too.
Initially I used 2mm grub screws to hold the sleeves,but they didn't hold, so I upped the grub screws to 4mm, holding so far..
Initially I used 2mm grub screws to hold the sleeves,but they didn't hold, so I upped the grub screws to 4mm, holding so far..

Last edited:
Hello again.

i got EXB Kraton and Mojave. These are the best rigs awaible right now Yes.

Anyways
Noto is not awaible in EXB at moment.
Maybe in future , maybe never ?

You can touch this Kaiju alot ?
Not the V5 Noto ?
Something is wrong here .

Why touch toys?
Why not touch real RC cars that are out in Version 5 after many years of improvements?
Kaiju sucks if you compare this to V5 Noto

Do you know what you are doing at all ?

don't take this bad, or personal.

Toys VS v5 arrma is two different things. NIGHT AND DAY

you got what you pay for this time

It sounds like
You only touch cheap toys
Not real RC Cars right now

Nothing personal

Toys are fun too

I love Tamiya Lunch Box alot
I buy them 80bucks
Install left over electrics from my 1/10 buggies
ALOT FUN

kaiju is 400 bucks

I would buy one if they go for 250
400 is to much for toy grade car if you ask me
I am trying real hard to not get involved in this. No one here wants to know what I think.

I am trying real hard to not get involved in this. No one here wants to know what I think.
Please don't feed the troll. He's the troll not you.

I wish I had the problems you guys are having with the cup sleeves so I have a better understanding of what some of you are going through. I've had 0 issues, 0 binding, 0 any kind of problems with mine. They work incredibly. If you are having bone pin binding issues, I'd grind down a hair off the pins. The sleeves have been a nice upgrade for me.

The cup sleeve I have has a lip on it and thus it can't slide down the drive shaft. The ID of the Lip is also too small for the dogbone to fit into:

Lip.jpeg

I guess I could notch two holes in the lip for the dogbone to fit through and then rotate the sleeve by 90 degrees to lock everything in - but just seems like a PITA right now.

Are these outdrives breaking from 6s only? Thinking of just running this thing on 4s and calling it good.

We do have a guy, his name is Megasty??
He bashes the Kaiju harder than anyone I've seen!

You have pics of the the grub screws on the cups?

So far, the pins on the dog bones have prevented me from doing this. I have the bearings, but I can't fit the dogbones in the slots (due to long-ish pins).

Dumb question - what kind of tool would I need to shave the pins down?

Side note - no more cup breaking after I moved the shocks out to the farthest setting. Been sending it a bit, no breaking so far. Body mounts, wheelie bar, body, are all trashed. Bash, break, fix, repeat - super fun!

Megasty - any details on that roll cage? I figure that's why my body is all cracked up, and the body posts. What's the cage made out of?

PS - Only place I found with Kaiju tires in stock: https://www.extremercprecision.com/
5C83FE51-9730-4A3E-A6A3-D527596C5B94.jpeg
C7662A43-273B-411B-B48F-4A6E79EA1DE2.jpeg

random pics of my drive cup carnage... that metal seems pretty hard. I was flying though. Lol

I just cringe looking at every ones shattered output cups. ?‍♂️ Running 3s or 4s might be more Appropriate. IDK.

So far, the pins on the dog bones have prevented me from doing this. I have the bearings, but I can't fit the dogbones in the slots (due to long-ish pins).

Side note - no more cup breaking after I moved the shocks out to the farthest setting. Been sending it a bit, no breaking so far. Body mounts, wheelie bar, body, are all trashed. Bash, break, fix, repeat - super fun!

Megasty - any details on that roll cage? I figure that's why my body is all cracked up, and the body posts. What's the cage made out of?

PS - Only place I found with Kaiju tires in stock: https://www.extremercprecision.com/
View attachment 116305View attachment 116306

random pics of my drive cup carnage... that metal seems pretty hard. I was flying though. Lol
Tires/wheels, show's in stock on fleabay
Item#274490370436. I bought 2 sets,got em in 2 days on east coast.

Screenshot_20201228-144807_Samsung Internet.jpg

View attachment 116305View attachment 116306

They're crude but do work..

Attachments

• 20201228_144219.jpg
    20201228_144219.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20201207_063137.jpg
    20201207_063137.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 38
All soldout on ebay... :(

Those grub screws, seem like a winner to me! Once I figure out how to grind the pins down, this is my next setup!

The cup sleeve I have has a lip on it and thus it can't slide down the drive shaft. The ID of the Lip is also too small for the dogbone to fit into:

View attachment 116304

I guess I could notch two holes in the lip for the dogbone to fit through and then rotate the sleeve by 90 degrees to lock everything in - but just seems like a PITA right now.

Are these outdrives breaking from 6s only? Thinking of just running this thing on 4s and calling it good.
Those things look rather janky.
I just cringe looking at every ones shattered output cups. ?‍♂️ Running 3s or 4s might be more Appropriate. IDK.
I've seen other rcs have this issue, the first few versions of the Hyper MT had this problem but from what I have seen they fixed it in the Hyper MT Plus II, hopefully they figure out a solution.

OK, here's the beefed up inner upper arm on the front:

View attachment 115381
Nice. Do you happen to have a part number? Thanks.
Funny that you say that
This KAIJU looks like alot of fun.

Only sad thing is that this is toy car.
Not real RC if you ask me.

I will self do a Better Kaiju

Notaiju ?

Arrma Noto 6s V5
and
Louise Moto X wheels 1/2 offset

View attachment 116244

Why ?

Because this is Hardcore BASHING.

No plastic toys for me.

don't be mad now .

NOTO whit these wheels will be alot better.
Arrma is better.
More expensive YES.
anyways better

You all know this maybe too

Alot more hop ups awaible also

Stay with ARRMA if you have the money.
Otherwise go with this cheap Plastic Kaiju.
It looks fun, anyways this is just one Toy.

Arrma Noto v5 with MX wheels will be the best .
You need spend more money.
You get what you paid then

GOOD luck all
No matter what you choose

Cool and fun cars both

This KAIJU looks like alot of fun.

Only sad thing is that this is toy car.
Not real RC if you ask me.

I will self do a Better Kaiju

Notaiju ?

Arrma Noto 6s V5
and
Louise Moto X wheels 1/2 offset

View attachment 116244

Why ?

Because this is Hardcore BASHING.

No plastic toys for me.

don't be mad now .

NOTO whit these wheels will be alot better.
Arrma is better.
More expensive YES.
anyways better

You all know this maybe too

Alot more hop ups awaible also

Stay with ARRMA if you have the money.
Otherwise go with this cheap Plastic Kaiju.
It looks fun, anyways this is just one Toy.

Arrma Noto v5 with MX wheels will be the best .
You need spend more money.
You get what you paid then

GOOD luck all
No matter what you choose

Cool and fun cars both
I actually prefer the plastic chassis rigs because for my style of driving they break LESS. I've had the V2 granite, V2 Outcast 6s and V4 Kraton 6s. The Granite broke way less on me even after upgrading the Kraton and Outcast 6s to almost $1k. After tweaking my Kaiju, it breaks LESS than the 6s Arrmas. That's been my experience. I've had much better luck with my 8s Outcast. After going big block, it has broken way less than the 6s Arrma rigs with the exact same jumps. Have you driven a Kaiju?

Last edited:
^^^ I know. You are correct.
RedCat is just not getting another penny from me again.
Maybe in another life perhaps. :ROFLMAO:

^^^ I know. You are correct.
RedCat is just not getting another penny from me again.
Maybe in another life perhaps. :ROFLMAO:
I feel the same way about WL Toys.

View attachment 116304

Alrighty then..

The sleeves have a lip on them because they are NOT supposed to just slide on the cups from the outside. You have to pull the diff apart, pull the cups out, install the sleeve and that lip on the sleeve sits on the inner side of the cup. Just like the picture I posted you originally quoted.

I feel the same way about WL Toys.
Same here.

1/4" nylon rod gorilla taped to 1/4" HDPE on top, bolted to the chassis with 20mm M3 12.9 hex screws.

I've beat & worked on this thing enough to know that it's rife with flaws only upgrades & mods can remedy, like most RCs. The only difference with stuff like Trx, this, Arrma, Losi, etc is whether I feel the truck is worth the effort in fixing it up & it's completely subjective. I had this truck for a year & I'm still fumbling with it while I had the Maxx for 3 weeks & sold it :rolleyes:

I think the bumper was one of the first mods but it was such a hack job that I blew right over it.

Alrighty then..

The sleeves have a lip on them because they are NOT supposed to just slide on the cups from the outside. You have to pull the diff apart, pull the cups out, install the sleeve and that lip on the sleeve sits on the inner side of the cup. Just like the picture I posted you originally quoted.

Sigh... I’ll be in my corner.

Oh and I just took the rear diff apart and filled it with diff fluid right before I looked at this thread.

?‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh... I’ll be in my corner.

Oh and I just took the rear diff apart and filled it with diff fluid right before I looked at this thread.

?‍♂️
Hey I edited your thread, just like you aren't allowed to use curse words in your posts you cannot have them in your pictures either.

Back