Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also want to try my BF LP's on them.

I expect HH to deliver my White FT in a few days. It's getting a complete tear down out the box. Most every single part. Nothing out of the norm.
I'm still trying to figure out why I bought one. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

At $400., yeah not much to think about if you are into Arrma 6s stuff and don't have one already.
Gets above average reviews, I always thought at least.
A lot of rig there for only 4 bills. An inflation beater.
Maybe JennyRCs is scooping them all up....:giggle: Kitbreakers will have a field day at this price.
I'm still trying to figure out why I bought one. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Because the next guy did??? Like me.:rolleyes:
I wonder how well those Foamless tires will hold up.

Last edited:
At $400., yeah not much to think about if you are into Arrma 6s stuff and don't have one already.
Gets above average reviews, I always thought at least.
A lot of rig there for only 4 bills. An inflation beater.
Maybe JennyRCs is scooping them all up....:giggle: Kitbreakers will have a field day at this price.

Because the next guy did??? Like me.:rolleyes:
I wonder how well those Foamless tires will hold up.
You’ll like the tires!

I came close to buying the FT tires from JennysRC just to try out.
Glad I didn't.:giggle:

I got ya.(y)

And BTW.....................
I just pulled the plug on a White FT a few minutes ago. HH.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A no brainer price.
You guys here know how to spend my $$$ for sure. Its addicting. And I have no more room. This one will probably stay in my bedroom now. Will make my 18th RC rig here.:rolleyes:
Where does it end?:LOL:
🤣 The Fireteam is becoming more and more popular! From a slow seller now to I would imagine the best seler the kast 2 Months or so🤣
Man you guys got me to bite too. I already had a black one that I got for like 500$ months ago So I'm getting the white. I figure if I sell the electronics thats like a 300$ fireteam and the body and tires on jenny's is already like 200$ by themselves.
And another one🤣👍
Sounds like your plan is similar to mine. Ditch all the electronics, body and tires. Haha.
I think I was just in time. Sold the stock esc, motor, servo, TX/RX. Originally planned to also get rid of the handbrake, but it I think I’m going to give it a try.
Forum is going to be ripe with some 150A combo's :LOL:
🤣

Anyone know max motor length in the FT with the handbrake? I know 92mm will fit but pass that I dunno. I might have to remove the handbrake on this one :eek:

I will try the Handbrake, then tossing it.
I don't even want it there to look at.
Not even sure which Radio I should use.
My NB4, RC6GS or my DX5C.
Decisions, decisions.
DX5C will work with the Stocker Rx. The easy way out. DX5C is low on my list of favs however.

Anyone know max motor length in the FT with the handbrake? I know 92mm will fit but pass that I dunno. I might have to remove the handbrake on this one :eek:
I will try the Handbrake, then tossing it.
I don't even want it there to look at.
Not even sure which Radio I should use.
My NB4, RC6GS or my DX5C.
Decisions, decisions.
DX5C will work with the Stocker Rx. The easy way out. DX5C is low on my list of favs however.
Just remove it… it’s silly… I was gonna put a 5687 in there… but the motor has too long of a shaft to use a standard esc mount and im super OCD so if I can’t have the esc mount that motor wasn’t meant to be 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣😂

Im curious how many people that disliked the Fireteam when it came out...
Own it now 😁

Like to see the numbers... Poll? 😂
I definitely disliked it for the price. Now I own two :ROFLMAO:
Wild guess here… planning for a TP4070?😄
Thinking of taking the 4070 out of my mojave and swapping it with the 1717. I really don't want 2 fireteams with the same electronics :ROFLMAO:

I also want to try my BF LP's on them.

I expect HH to deliver my White FT in a few days. It's getting a complete tear down out the box. Most every single part. Nothing out of the norm.
Please report back :) . Going to need that detailed SRC summary so the rest of us know what we are in for!

Analyzing Toy Story GIF by Giflytics

I definitely disliked it for the price. Now I own two :ROFLMAO:

Thinking of taking the 4070 out of my mojave and swapping it with the 1717. I really don't want 2 fireteams with the same electronics :ROFLMAO:
I was thinking about a 4060 or 4070 for the FT, but ended up with the HW4985.
If nobody has answered your question by the time I get home from work (in about 9 hours from now) I’ll measure it and let you know.

Many have done the Kraton hubs. I don't feel there would be much of any advantage. I could be wrong.:unsure:
I would think the shorter/narrower hubs would even flex less. An advantage.
I know we are talking about putting Kraton hubs on FT’s, but something in my head is yelling for me to try putting those on my Limitless!

I have to admit, this thing looks way cooler than the pictures showed. I had intentions of ditching the body first thing, but ya know, it’s growing on me. I’ve ordered TI shock towers from Scorched, will see what breaks and go from there!

@joshjosh , Give it a try. Let us know how it drives.
That's the beauty of these 6s Arrma's, they are like Lego's. All modular.
Many custom Arrma builds work out well. Personal taste. Keeps you from getting bored with the sam ole layout.
How Arrma does many of their rigs. Like the FT.
I put Kraton Arms and Hubs on the XLWB Mojave chassis a year before the FT came out.
Arrma made the V2 Lim with a wider "Rear track width". How they tweaked it.

I was thinking about a 4060 or 4070 for the FT, but ended up with the HW4985.
If nobody has answered your question by the time I get home from work (in about 9 hours from now) I’ll measure it and let you know.
I measured an additional 8.5mm from the backside of the 4985 till you hit the handbrake unit.
So 86,5+8,5mm= 95mm is the max motor length with the handbrake installed.
So TP4060 fits, TP4070 doesn’t fit unless you get rid of the handbrake.
EDIT: the motor diameter can’t be too large if you are going to utilize all the space between the motor and handbrake unit; otherwise the handbrake servo cable won’t have space to go under the motor.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I measured an additional 8.5mm from the backside of the 4985 till you hit the handbrake unit.
So 86,5+8,5mm= 95mm is the max motor length with the handbrake installed.
So TP4060 fits, TP4070 doesn’t fit unless you get rid of the handbrake.
EDIT: the motor diameter can’t be too large if you are going to utilize all the space between the motor and handbrake unit; otherwise the handbrake servo cable won’t have space to go under the motor.
View attachment 259634
Thanks bro. 😎 👍

@joshjosh , Give it a try. Let us know how it drives.
That's the beauty of these 6s Arrma's, they are like Lego's. All modular.
Many custom Arrma builds work out well. Personal taste. Keeps you from getting bored with the sam ole layout.
How Arrma does many of their rigs. Like the FT.
I put Kraton Arms and Hubs on the XLWB Mojave chassis a year before the FT came out.
Arrma made the V2 Lim with a wider "Rear track width". How they tweaked it.
I did something similar, for my Limitless I swapped the Felony diff and rear tires to make it wider. The wheels/tires also look really sick. I’ve got the Ferrari body from Delta, working on trimming that up. Can’t wait to complete it

Has anyone noticed that Arrma doesn't list ANY EXB parts as "Option parts" for the FT?
Although many of the Mojave EXB ones fit. Seems they are not pushing any EXB parts for the FT???:unsure:

And many FT standard parts are not shown. (incomplete listings) They are available if you "Hard search" them.
HH needs to UPDATE their site better.
HH are you listening???:LOL:
Thanks bro. 😎 👍
Toss that HB already!!!!!
Makes the chassis so bloated with crap there!:LOL::LOL:
Keep her lean and mean.

Back