Fireteam Arrma FIRETEAM 1/7th Scale Speed Assault Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone noticed that Arrma doesn't list ANY EXB parts as "Option parts" for the FT?
Although many of the Mojave EXB ones fit. Seems they are not pushing any EXB parts for the FT???:unsure:

And many FT standard parts are not shown. (incomplete listings) They are available if you "Hard search" them.
HH needs to UPDATE their site better.
HH are you listening???:LOL:

Toss that HB already!!!!!
Makes the chassis so bloated with crap there!:LOL::LOL:
Keep her lean and mean.
Originally I planned to ditch the handbrake, but now I want to try it first. At least I can say I tried the handbrake ‘novelty’. Hey maybe I might even like it, who knows🤷‍♂️? A part of me hopes I don’t like like it as it will save another 100+ gram and the FT could lose some weight😉.

I will try mine also when I get the FT. To say I been there done that.
Just to say I tried it. I know it will be yanked out though. Not for me and how I drive any rig.
I only want a Radio's Trigger and Wheel for control.
All I am focused on.:giggle:

@Engineer , yeah I always felt beefier Upgrade braces could pose an issue. (y)
I looked close at many pix of that FT HB.
Thanks for the heads up confirmation. Could even be why the EXB rear brace is Not listed as a FT Option part??? IDK.:unsure: I haven't see it.
I wonder if @Rich Duperbash is a running that HB Fluff.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He runs M2C braces.

Mini Fireteam?
Some similarities 😂

27FC2036-BEE7-45C0-B0EF-7FFF49B09352.jpeg

2C62AD8D-8745-4BA8-9975-3C87EE4C1B0B.jpeg

@Engineer , yeah I always felt beefier Upgrade braces could pose an issue. (y)
I looked close at many pix of that FT HB.
Thanks for the heads up confirmation. Could even be why the EXB rear brace is Not listed as a FT Option part??? IDK.:unsure:
I wonder if @Rich Duperbash is a running that HB Fluff.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He runs M2C braces.

No handbrake for duperbash. I went with the m2c because those have the alignment pins whereas the EXB braces don’t.

E475F3C2-0F55-4829-8ECA-C5BBA2F90A65.jpeg

I will try mine also when I get the FT. To say I been there done that.
Just to say I tried it. I know it will be yanked out though. Not for me and how I drive any rig.
I only want a Radio's Trigger and Wheel for control.
All I am focused on.:giggle:
It may provide better FR balance, but I’ve heard people mention the FT is front heavy. Here’s the stock weight distribution without batteries.

D970DB92-7100-44EB-98C8-78AC8C5239C3.jpeg

Yeah indexed braces keyed into the XLWB chassis cutouts are important.
I have an M2C chassis and braces on my Mojave. I know.

I’m going to drive mine with the HB still there , and with rtr radio . I want to see how bad the radio is . Cause if I put my Futaba in the FT , I / we can’t drive the Mojave with it at the same time . I would have to pick up another 3PV .
I’m not going to move the battery back yet either.

It may provide better FR balance, but I’ve heard people mention the FT is front heavy. Here’s the stock weight distribution without batteries.

View attachment 259667
Good man. You use the Cross weight scale like me.:giggle:
Need to check full running weight with Lipos and body in place.
Can you show us with Lipo in place? This really tells the picture and changes the cross weight.
Cross weight is most important and much harder to dial in. And in a perfect world should always be 50/50.
And I like my rigs close to 50/50 F-R. Ballast weight can get it there. But I always felt slightly heavier at the rear is better for Off Roading. Less over steer results Off Throttle.
My TLRT pretty much out the box with ESC, body and 4s lipo in place was dam near perfect. 47/53 F-R, and 50/50 across. That's why it drives like a dream, and very predicatable.

1669921103439.png

What a big weight difference between my TLRT and the FT. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
FT is one heavy tank there.:LOL:

Last edited:

View attachment 259667
I would rather yank out that HB and add Ballast weight, ( car wheel weights as needed to dial her in) if I had to.

I can't believe how durable my FT has been tbh. No bent chassis no broken arms nothing but exploding bearings in the front wheels lol. I feel like I don't even need a m2c chassis.

This how I bash my FT

I can't believe how durable my FT has been tbh. No bent chassis no broken arms nothing but exploding bearings in the front wheels lol. I feel like I don't even need a m2c chassis.

This how I bash my FT
Nice!
Are you using aluminum chassis braces?

Nice!
Are you using aluminum chassis braces?
Yea thats about the only thing I did was add the exb braces and remove the soldiers to save a little weight.

Good man. You use the Cross weight scale like me.:giggle:
Need to check full running weight with Lipos and body in place.
Can you show us with Lipo in place? This really tells the picture and changes the cross weight.
Cross weight is most important and much harder to dial in. And in a perfect world should always be 50/50.
And I like my rigs close to 50/50 F-R. Ballast weight can get it there. But I always felt slightly heavier at the rear is better for Off Roading. Less over steer results Off Throttle.
My TLRT pretty much out the box with ESC, body and 4s lipo in place was dam near perfect. 47/53 F-R, and 50/50 across. That's why it drives like a dream, and very predicatable.

View attachment 259668
What a big weight difference between my TLRT and the FT. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
FT is one heavy tank there.:LOL:
still no battery, got hit with additional shipping charge to get it delivered.

Last edited:
2x 6s in Parallel really makes for long run times. (y)
But dam it gets super heavy. And to the left side.(n) The cross weight will suffer. FT is heavy enough.:unsure:
I only run 2x 6s packs in "parallel" with my Limitless and Infr. But they run 2 saddle lipo trays. And although balanced, it becomes much heavier. Fine for my speed running however. I like it. No amp cutting with hard passes.
For bashing I personally wouldn't do it.
Just me.:giggle:

Last edited:
2x 6s in Parallel really makes for long run times. (y)
But dam it gets super heavy. And to the left side.(n) The cross weight will suffer. FT is heavy enough.:unsure:
I only run 2x 6s packs in "parallel" with my Limitless and Infr. But they run 2 saddle lipo trays. And although balanced, it becomes much heavier. Fine for my speed running however. I like it. No amp cutting with hard passes.
For bashing I personally wouldn't do it.
Just me.:giggle:
removed this

Last edited:
Ok I see, you are running 3300mah lipos in parallel. Makes much sense now.(y) Light packs. And getting 6600mah in total capacity. Smart.
I run 2x 6s 5500 mah Ace of Gens in parallel. Much heavier.

Ok I see, you are running 3300mah lipos in parallel. Makes much sense now.(y) Light packs. And getting 6600mah in total capacity. Smart.
I run 2x 6s 5500 mah Ace of Gens in parallel. Much heavier.
I clarified my original response a little better, I’m glad you were able to pick up what I was saying.

Back