Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear I think you have more cars or constant combination changes of cars 😁 then any of us.
I have 5 cars right now...I'm constantly changing an trying different things..I'd have a way higher pb than 140 if I could just leave $hit alone😅🤣😂😆

You absolutely run the most variations 😂
How's this for a 88mph 3s pass single 5k 70c 1200ft hit..going +2 on pinion..212a 😅🤣😂

20220725_171419.jpg

OK I'm very new to the data logs. Would one of you guys mind looking this over. Voltage drops considerably. I'm going to get the link for the computer in a day or two but all I have atm is the blink log.

Screenshot_20220728-202758_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-210311.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-210254.jpg

OK I'm very new to the data logs. Would one of you guys mind looking this over. Voltage drops considerably. I'm going to get the link for the computer in a day or two but all I have atm is the blink log.

View attachment 232599

View attachment 232600

View attachment 232601
Looks like your battery is dropping to around 8.8-9v during the run, 71% of start voltage. Ideally you want to get that full throttle voltage up a little higher.
On the run that you had some full throttle time it does show the battery recovered a little.
I would try one to two teeth smaller on the pinion, try another run with similar full throttle to your one log 3-4 seconds, you should get a few more mph.

Looks like your battery is dropping to around 8.8-9v during the run, 71% of start voltage. Ideally you want to get that full throttle voltage up a little higher.
On the run that you had some full throttle time it does show the battery recovered a little.
I would try one to two teeth smaller on the pinion, try another run with similar full throttle to your one log 3-4 seconds, you should get a few more mph.
Very much appreciated info. 🙏 the end of a run is where the road has a few slight dips. Gets scary down there lol. I'll definitely try to get a gear tomorrow at the hobby shop and give it another go, weather permitting. 105 would make the drive home WAY better. Thanks again Turbo

OK I'm very new to the data logs. Would one of you guys mind looking this over. Voltage drops considerably. I'm going to get the link for the computer in a day or two but all I have atm is the B-Link log.

I am trying to understand what I am seeing here. The maroon line is RPMs? It shows you went from 2:48 to 3:08 which is a 20 second throttle pull and went from peak rpm to zero rpms in 1 second. Did it crash?

This data seems wrong....

1659058575204.png

No crash I hit a dip and panic braked. I start very slow at the start of the run. I can't see the car very well and there is a slight curve to the road. I don't really get the car moving till past the bend.
The maroon line is RPMs
It is.
Now that I think about it, there is no way it was 20 seconds.

I am trying to understand what I am seeing here. The maroon line is RPMs? It shows you went from 2:48 to 3:08 which is a 20 second throttle pull and went from peak rpm to zero rpms in 1 second. Did it crash?

This data seems wrong....

View attachment 232605
I don’t use the app, everyone that’s posted data it just looks weird to me, lol,
In the simplest way of looking at it, I basically tried to just take the usable data on the battery during the run. Also I’m colored blind so it is almost impossible to see the red/green😂

No crash I hit a dip and panic braked. I start very slow at the start of the run. I can't see the car very well and there is a slight curve to the road. I don't really get the car moving till past the bend.

It is.
Now that I think about it, there is no way it was 20 seconds.
Looking at that graph...you might want to consider getting either the USB dongle or the programming card (has the added advantage of being able to make some basic tweaks to your ESC out in the field). Just a thought.

I took my mini infraction out for the first time in several weeks yesterday. I can finally drive again (little cars only, still having my wife driving us in the big car right now). Vision anomalies have calmed down, muscle spasms/twitching have eased up and my balance (personal gyro) has somewhat recovered. I can also read again a little without getting headaches and can type since my fingers/hands aren’t twitching and spazzing out so much.

I bashed around the huge, smooth concrete pad at our storage unit for about 15 minutes. I didn’t run into anything with the car and I didn’t fall either 😮‍💨 But things are still fairly twitchy over 35 miles an hour. I’m having trouble visually tracking so no speed running (loping) for me quite yet. My max speed remains at 73mph so I’m sure my last place is still secure.

We’re going to head out again this evening and try a few low speed runs. Eventually things should come back together and I can renew my efforts to hit 80mph 😅 I tell you though, I absolutely love this little car. It is incredibly fun just drifting (hooning?) all around. The silver compound Deboots are great for this and seem to be wearing well. I’m so glad that I picked up four sets of tires (white and silver) during the big tire sale.

Tested out a new road today and it is beautiful. It is a new 2 lane highway with shoulder that is not being used yet. I'll attempt to utilize it as long as I can till they open this road to the public.
New PB and WR for the 1/7 platform at 126 mph.

Tested out a new road today and it is beautiful. It is a new 2 lane highway with shoulder that is not being used yet. I'll attempt to utilize it as long as I can till they open this road to the public.
New PB and WR for the 1/7 platform at 126 mph.

Great work. Is this really the fastest 1/7th 3s runs 126? I think we are all doing a great job with these numbers. Curious if one of us can hit 130

Great work. Is this really the fastest 1/7th 3s runs 126? I think we are all doing a great job with these numbers. Curious if one of us can hit 130

As far as I am aware. Mostly because no one is running 3s on these big cars. Everyone seems to run 4s, 6s, and 8s.
1/8 cars have been in the 130s and as fast as 141 mph from SlowRc Mike so I expect this 1/7 platform could do the same with the right setup.

I need to see about stretching out my run longer. Running a 1500 ft distance is cranking up the amperage too high....

1659231219416.png

Last edited:
As far as I am aware. Mostly because no one is running 3s on these big cars. Everyone seems to run 4s, 6s, and 8s.
1/8 cars have been in the 130s and as fast as 141 mph from SlowRc Mike so I expect this 1/7 platform could do the same with the right setup.

I need to see about stretching out my run longer. Running a 1500 ft distance is cranking up the amperage too high....

View attachment 233069
That is about the perfect run length you got tho. I wouldn’t be too concerned with the amps. The xlx2 handles it just fine. If you can get your batteries to hold a hair higher voltage it should bring the amps down a bit. But with what we are doing we are gonna see the high amps.

That is about the perfect run length you got tho. I wouldn’t be too concerned with the amps. The xlx2 handles it just fine. If you can you your batteries to hold a hair higher voltage it should bring the amps down a bit. But with what we are doing we are gonna see the high amps.
Yep for sure!
I want to stretch it out just a hair and see how much it helps. At the end of the run, it recovered to 10.4 v, which was what I had seen on prior runs from 113 mph to 126 mph. It was still accelerating slightly and may have had another 2-3 mph in this gearing setup.

I'll probably gear up and try again on next Saturday when the weather aligns. This run spot is 30 mins away so it is a 1.5 to 2-hour outing to go run the car 1 pass...

A new motor showed up for my hobao that I’m gonna try more 3s runs with, the scm motor I may try some 8s passes with eventually but it’s coming out for the time being,

I’m on a weeks vacation in New Hampshire then I’ll get back to it 😁
B90F0187-09F2-445A-A624-4CBD7ECA5E8D.jpeg

Yep for sure!
I want to stretch it out just a hair and see how much it helps. At the end of the run, it recovered to 10.4 v, which was what I had seen on prior runs from 113 mph to 126 mph. It was still accelerating slightly and may have had another 2-3 mph in this gearing setup.

I'll probably gear up and try again on next Saturday when the weather aligns. This run spot is 30 mins away so it is a 1.5 to 2-hour outing to go run the car 1 pass...
I know the feeling. My road is about 50 minutes from my house

View attachment 233069
657a is the highest I've ever seen 😀

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back