Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And nothing was very hot. I guess I'll gear up :LOL:
Just a question what temp should it be under to gear up what is a fine run temp and what is too hot, and you need to gear down and fix something else? I have a temp reader and have seen other people check temps. I also know it matters what size your electronics are or what size your car is, so is there a good go by or is it custom to your rig? If it is, just tell me that and tell me with a good rule of thumb is for a 1/7 XLX2 40mm-46mm can.

Just a question what temp should it be under to gear up what is a fine run temp and what is too hot, and you need to gear down and fix something else? I have a temp reader and have seen other people check temps. I also know it matters what size your electronics are or what size your car is, so is there a good go by or is it custom to your rig? If it is, just tell me that and tell me with a good rule of thumb is for a 1/7 XLX2 40mm-46mm can.
I am pushing this setup hard and nothing went over 150f. I think that would be a temp to watch for. Motors can go to 170-180 but I don't like to get mine that hot especially for an 8 second run

Can confirm. @LibertyMKiii is definitely keeping it in the right ball park (if you want your motors to survive...which I'm going to assume you do). Permanent magnets start taking damage around 200°F upwards. Also take into consideration that the temperature that you measure on the outside of the can will probably be 10-20°F below core temps.

About to join the xlx2 club.

20220801_053935.jpg

20220801_053916.jpg

20220801_053901.jpg

What body will you be using? Doesn’t look like the Typhon body will be even close to going back on with the ESC mounted that high. That said, kudos on the mount. That’s a nice solution to the total lack of real estate in the SWB chassis. Well done!

What body will you be using? Doesn’t look like the Typhon body will be even close to going back on with the ESC mounted that high. That said, kudos on the mount. That’s a nice solution to the total lack of real estate in the SWB chassis. Well done!
It'll fit without the fan. It can be undone if if gets too hot but I'm just one and done for now anyway

About to join the xlx2 club.

Nice work on that bracket.
I bet you could add to it a fan bracket on the back side. The top fan holder unscrews to expose the fins a bit more. This would allow you to blow air through the fins from the back side.... (only thing to watch for is the front plastic piece helps hold the multi-pin wire connector.)

Some of the fan would be blowing on the esc to motor wires, but would still get something like 50% of the air on the fins to cool the ESC.

1659369452872.png

Excellent idea. I'll see what fits where after I have it mocked up better. Time to do s
I was able to turn servo sideways,drilled 4 new holes on a build I did.after turning servo xlx2 fit perfectly....can't remember what car I did it on...might work on yours....you must be running a talion chassis...I think kraton has servo mount horizontal.

..you must be running a talion chassis
That I be. As long as it don't overheat, I have a nice little cubby hole to put my reciver in. At a latter date. Had enough for today.
She fits, so she sits.

Attachments

• 20220801_193100.jpg
    20220801_193100.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220801_213237.jpg
    20220801_213237.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 27
That I be. As long as it don't overheat, I have a nice little cubby hole to put my reciver in. At a latter date. Had enough for today.
She fits, so she sits.
Good job on wiring,90s are a must on on fitting esc under typhons........speedrunning with typhons is challenging making everything fit...it'll be fine without fan..my fan started kicking on about 116...that was with amp thirsty 4060-3480kv in 90 degree whether.

Liberty has a good idea about mounting a fan vertices behind esc if nessasary. I'd take some finagaling

Just about got what used to be vendetta ready to go,went throu everything.getting the rest of the parts,can of paint tomorrow, start testing by this weekend.
Never in my life did I ever think I'd buy a can of pink paint for myself to use😅🤣😂

View attachment 233616

View attachment 233617
Same here...until I first started using pink. Then it became one of my favorite colors :LOL:

Same here...until I first started using pink. Then it became one of my favorite colors :LOL:
I didn’t want any bright colors until I did the gold on my most recent body. Now I’m gonna do a second one so I don’t have to use the same body for the hobao and dual motor limitless

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back