Granite Arrma Granite broke after 4 weeks - 2yr warranty worthless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After your help I managed to contact the logik guys in the UK and they replaced my ESC and the motor which is great however I can't remember which plug socket on the left the ESC plugs into on the receiver does anybody know no thank you you I'll try this motor and ESC out and if it all goes wrong again I guess warranty again and maybe then upgrade the motor and ESC as some other people have mentioned and that's the headache free life that I'm after.

It's the slt3 receiver set
20210318_171542.jpg

20210318_120633.jpg

ESC plugs into THR.
Cheers pal! Will build tonight 😀 just realised they've sent it with a different connector. I guess I'll get the soldering iron out too!
i too agree and at 50% throttle??? nooo waaay it burnt up! i have had my mega motor burn out and then a few months later, my esc burst into flames! and i reccomend a hobbywing esc if the warranty does not work out and the traxxas titan 12 is also basically the same as the granite motor, but for some reason the traxxas motor is way better quality and makes more speed and tourque so i reccomend them (y)
(i use the hobbywing 880 dual motor brushed esc and the traxxas titan 12T brushed motor. with the dual motor esc you can run 2 motors with it because it has 4 wires but you can just plug 1 motor in and it still works perfectly (y))
I'll look into this setup for an upgrade path, I've got free replacements now but not confident they're not going to die again!
The brushed version isn't worth getting IMO, and you'll be better off upgrading the electronics to brushless and the slipper/spur assembly to the BLX version. Good opportunity to upgrade!

Regardless, did you speak to Logic RC? They are the distributor for Arrma and other Horizon Hobby products in the UK. They aren't as "generous" as the US Horizon Hobby services, but as long as you haven't washed the car down with water, they should cover the electronics, although you may need to send them the faulty gear. Their email address and tel.# is at the bottom of the page:

https://www.logicrc.com/
Really helpful dude, warranty sorted after I contacted these guys. Thanks!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back