Arrma kraton 4s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find the mistake
IMG_1328.JPG

I rebuilded my rear shocks they leaked a tiny bit nothing conserning. I went with a lighter oil (40wt to 32.5wt) and i noticed how dump i was a few months ago ? My car is super low to the ground and the car looks weird im at my father house and i don't have the remaining spacers with me
The rear shocks are a bit stiff because of the rebound it has but its going to go away after a little while

I have put fast eddy 10x15x4 bearings on my slipperclutch and sungears i have a also installed 8 12x18x4 bearings on my drivetrain but i think im going to change them they are rubber sealed one side but its not correctly sealed there is a gap between the seal and the cendpter of the bearing i thought they were both side sealed but there was a misleading picture on the amainhobbies websiteView attachment 48642
View attachment 48643 onne seized completly
View attachment 48644
I have rear lights under my wing:3 they look really nice
Front of the body was rainforced with two layers of dry wall tape and a lot of shooe gooe i started having cracks after a lot of nose landings this bosh is so thick and durable and i can get a new one for 40$ canadian dollars so much better than my old rc who was 80$ for a weak body
View attachment 48645
View attachment 48646
While i tried to rebuild my rear shock one was so tight and i snapped the rod end off.. im trying to epoxy it back togueter with metal wires to prevent it break again the remplacement shafts/rpd ends are 18$ a costly mistake from meView attachment 48647
Im waiting for my alluminum pivot balls because my steering radius is reduced because of the worn pivot balls? I hope i receive them before friday because its almost 2 weeks im waiting
Nice truck. I have one too. Had the same shock snap and had to buy new spring perch. Diffs too. My slipper came loose several times. Blue loctite helps. I do 1 and 1/4 turns from tight and it seems to work. In the beginning I had it completley tight and stripped my diffs. Now I set it loose but it's hard to keep it there

Nice truck. I have one too. Had the same shock snap and had to buy new spring perch. Diffs too. My slipper came loose several times. Blue loctite helps. I do 1 and 1/4 turns from tight and it seems to work. In the beginning I had it completley tight and stripped my diffs. Now I set it loose but it's hard to keep it there
Blue locktite did nithing for my slipper since i red locktited it never had an issue since
It was a complete pain but red locktite fixed everything even my motor screws came loose with blue locktite for the extreme jobs i trust only red locktite now the blue is only for anything that threads into metal and who is not exposed to heat

Menaged to fix my broken fan of the motor by scratching the bord next from where the link to solder the negative wire was ripped off and menaged to solder back in. I made sure to put shoe goe and hot glue not too much just to prevent any risk of. Short circuit if it ever happens because last time my fan positive and negative wire shorted for some reason and my car was braking and going full speed randomly when i was in the wood for god sakes i was in the woods and not in the bmx track i could have maybe injured someone or wrecked my car
Or i will have to get a nee fan but another 20$ for my stupid mistake?

I regrease my rear and fromt diffs my front diff is rly quiet with a little worn sun gear the rear started to make noise like if the sun gear was dead after my little run in my garage-_- opened it up gear looks like new found 0 plastic powder inside and i have a gearmesh now thing i never had before in the summer when it was quiet. All of this happened after i changed the motor mount 2 weeks ago
Im going to buy new yokes because that sound it makes drives me completly nuts its the sound of a tiking bomb about to strip?

I can't get my new ring and pinion to spin freely. Tried new yokes, shims on one side, shims on the other side, tight screws on yokes, loose screws on yokes, just won't spin freely. Keeps catching in one spot

I can't get my new ring and pinion to spin freely. Tried new yokes, shims on one side, shims on the other side, tight screws on yokes, loose screws on yokes, just won't spin freely. Keeps catching in one spot
Its normal its going to break in after a few runs
If you put the shim to the other side but idk anymore maybe theres a reason they put the shim to the crown gear side

Its normal its going to break in after a few runs
If you put the shim to the other side but idk anymore maybe theres a reason they put the shim to the crown gear side
K I'm just gonna put the shim where it says to put it in the manual and hope for the best.

Menaged to get my loterry ticket and ordered a fair of front shocks from the typhon 6s and a pair of outcast fromt shocks who are the same as the typhon shocks of the rear but with differant springs. At the same time i bought the
The wing module of the 4s with bumpers the wing alone is 15$ new. For 8$ got wing itself wing mounts and other stuff who belong to the rear. One of my wing mounts is cracked and my wing is worn because me driving like a nob and doing roof speedruns on concrete
All from jennyrc

Menaged to get my loterry ticket and ordered a fair of front shocks from the typhon 6s and a pair of outcast fromt shocks who are the same as the typhon shocks of the rear but with differant springs. At the same time i bought the
The wing module of the 4s with bumpers the wing alone is 15$ new. For 8$ got wing itself wing mounts and other stuff who belong to the rear. One of my wing mounts is cracked and my wing is worn because me driving like a nob and doing roof speedruns on concrete
All from jennyrc
I’ve got a cart loaded right now but can’t pull the trigger. I haven’t even ran my Typhon 6s rig yet and I’m already thinking of stretching it. ??‍♂️??‍♂️

:0
Bruh my plastic driveshafts are more expensive than your steel ones lol
I really only need the one longer center shaft. I might just get the SupaHD ones instead anyways. ??‍♂️

So i received my 6s shocks for the rear of my kraton 4s who are from the notorious fronts. The spring is quite stiffer than stock and a bit smaller in diametter the stock spring will fit but the shocks is a lot smoother and easier to compress than the hot racing shocks running 40wt oil considering the 6s shocks are running 80wt. Im in the process of bleeding the shocks because when i received the shocks they had a lot of air and needed more oil but the bleeding process is so long? 30mins and still the air is not fully out. And they are 5mm shorter than the stock shocks but i think with a longer shock shaft will fix that

I just put Talion shafts on my Typhon shocks for the K4S to get the added travel. Here is a pic of one Talion one Typhon. I’m using K6S springs.

E2A7C1F5-E062-489F-AB67-D5722EE299DD.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back