Kraton Arrma kraton 4s slipper clutch issue

razorrc

Reaction score
I have this problem and the only thing I can do is tighten it all the way. I tried factory setting which is 1 and 1/4 turns from tight and it kept going loose. I just stripped my input gear in the front diff. I don't know what to do.
are you sure it’s not too tight?

Phil young

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 4s
it won't stay set. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

LittleFlowRider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s
I used the little brass insert nut thingy front the 3s line but since it takes up a bit more room I had to cut off a tiny bit of the diff input and put some maximum strength thread locker on there. Also make sure your threadlocker isn’t expired and for me some brands came loose right away and some have stayed since I took it apart

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, 3D printing fool
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 4s, Typhon 6s, Typhon 3s
it won't stay set. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
First issue is cleaning any old thread lock off the bolt, spring, and hub. Reassemble it, set the tension, and then stand it upright with the front side on a table. Drop some blue thread lock into the rear side and let it dry for 24 hours. Should be good after that.

Gerrit Polman

Reaction score
Hi guys not sure how this works on here but I had slipper hold for a few packs at a time if I take it out and crank it down with lock tite but basically making it a spool trying to get a full pack! any input is appreciated so it’s a Kraton 4 s I have been running on 3 s since my axles started popping out “I kno it’s due to slipper locked but my last upgrade is in the making ie I have most of what I need for cvd sliders hope they font just fry diffs cuz I’ve done one already

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s, Typhon 3s
Hi guys not sure how this works on here but I had slipper hold for a few packs at a time if I take it out and crank it down with lock tite but basically making it a spool trying to get a full pack! any input is appreciated so it’s a Kraton 4 s I have been running on 3 s since my axles started popping out “I kno it’s due to slipper locked but my last upgrade is in the making ie I have most of what I need for cvd sliders hope they font just fry diffs cuz I’ve done one already
Rebuild the clutch with the kit your spring is dead maybe snaped

Gerrit Polman

Reaction score
Rebuild the clutch with the kit your spring is dead maybe snaped
Thanks yea I got a couple complete slipper spur sets coming today so I will be red lock titing in place just a half turn out from fully compressed if this is wrong procedure and anyone recommends a better way I’ll do one each way and put feedback on here
Thanks yea I got a couple complete slipper spur sets coming today so I will be red lock titing in place just a half turn out from fully compressed if this is wrong procedure and anyone recommends a better way I’ll do one each way and put feedback on here
Also I had the first one hold for a about 5 packs the one I rebuilt in hand with blue lock tite held for a good ten packs next I replaced the center screw with a stainless cuz head broke off note it was clean and ran thru both sides W LT this did not work for more than ten mins

Spikeyboy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Infraction, Limitless, Kraton 6s, Notorious, Outcast 4s, Typhon 3s
this may help:

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 4s
I feel your pain. My slipper came loose and melted my whole rear driveline. I am going to red loctite that son of a gun and if that doesn't fix it I will drill it and make a spool. Still waiting on all the parts to get it back up and running 20200615_162020.jpg 20200615_162208.jpg 20200611_160228.jpg 20200610_203151.jpg

Kylerc

Reaction score
I use red loctite on my slipper then drop some on the extra on threads to keep it from backing out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.