Kraton Arrma Kraton Batteries

Warbux

Reaction score
I need a good suggestion for 2s or 4s battery on a budget. I do however prefer longer run times in the grass for the kids. Maybe 5000MAH or so. Is the higher the C the more punch your battery has? What would be optimal to fit the Kraton? I heard Turnigy batteries are maybe too long?

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s
@Warbux welcome to Arrma Forum, glad to have you here!

As for batteries, you'll find many people will recommend checking out SPC or SMC for your battery needs. There is a huge thread about batteries here on Arrma Forum that I would suggest checking out: What's your "budget" LiPo of choice?

Warbux

Reaction score
@WoodiE Thank You! I checked out that thread and checked both SMC and SPC but it seems like all of their 4S batteries are sold out that i would be interested in. Maybe i should be patient lol

Warbux

Reaction score
Any different suggestions for 4s or 6s budget batteries? Maybe even 2s or 3s?

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
I have two of these:

Turnigy 5000mAh 4S 14.8V 60C Hardcase Pack (AR Warehouse)

Good run time, but never timed it. Be warned - these are long packs, I had to trim the ears off the front of my battery tray to get them to fit.

I also have two of these that I run in series -

Turnigy nano-tech 5600mah 2S2P 50~100C Hardcase Lipo Pack (ROAR APPROVED) (US Warehouse)

They have more punch than the Turnigy batteries. Plus as a 2x2s, I can charge them both on my Prophet Sport Duo at the same time at 1C. smile.gif

I also have one of these, for the rare occation I feel like breaking something - LOL
TH500065C6S Thor 5000mah 6S 22.2V 65C Lipo Pack

For budget packs, the Turnigy's I linked up top are about the cheapest 4s battery you can get with enough C to run the truck proper.
Next best budget lipo would be from SMC-Racing. They have great batteries for only a bit more then Hobby King. Better batteries than almost all the hobby king too - most of the racers in my area run SMC packs.

This pack will probably be my next battery purchase - http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_96&product_id=175

Also - watch for Hobby King sales. Several times a year they have big sales, and you can get select lipo's for about 50% off. That was how I got all of my HK packs. I think I paid $25 a pack for the Nano-techs, and $30 for the Turnigy packs. When they have the sale, it is normally only out of one warehouse, and they sell out quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.