Kraton Arrma out drive cups now! 🤬

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So if you've seen my build log you know I have done almost every mod available on my K6 EXB XL build. Well, I was doing some testing and tuning today to get it dialed in before a ride to the track for a nice bash. I hit a small speed bump in my parking lot, did a little end over end and landed on the wheels... nothing really hard, nothing major. Well, on the trip back down the road to me it did the dreded pulling that it does when the rear diff goes out! 🙄 I brought it inside to take a look. The left rear drive shaft was missing! So, I walked outside and found it on the ground where the little cartwheel took place. I went back inside and lined it up and noticed the diff outdrive cup is a MESS! Common Arrma! Stop using garbage metal! I have replace everything but that and the shafts! I am not pulling the diffs again to put stocks in. More money on M2C parts now! Jesus, I thought I could at least get one good run in before something broke! 🤬
20220728_170426.jpg

So if you've seen my build log you know I have done almost every mod available on my K6 EXB XL build. Well, I was doing some testing and tuning today to get it dialed in before a ride to the track for a nice bash. I hit a small speed bump in my parking lot, did a little end over end and landed on the wheels... nothing really hard, nothing major. Well, on the trip back down the road to me it did the dreded pulling the it does when the rear diff goes out! 🙄 I brought it inside to take a look. The left rear drive shaft was missing! So, I walked outside and found it on the ground where the little cartwheel took place. I went back inside and lined it up and noticed the diff outdrive is a MESS! Common Arrma! Stop using garbage metal! I have replace everything but that and the shafts! I am not pulling the diffs again to put stocks in. More money on M2C parts now! Jesus, I thought I could at least get one good run in before something broke! 🤬View attachment 232589
Wow.

If you want to run immediately, you could flip the cups and maybe get a couple runs out of them.

I don't want to take the diffs apart again just for that. My goal with this build was replace everything that breaks. I almost pulled the trigger on those cups and shafts so many times but didn't. I knew that was a mistake. Lesson learned. 😒
Now I'm like "F it! I'm getting all the cups and shafts and getting this sob DONE 100%"!

So if you've seen my build log you know I have done almost every mod available on my K6 EXB XL build. Well, I was doing some testing and tuning today to get it dialed in before a ride to the track for a nice bash. I hit a small speed bump in my parking lot, did a little end over end and landed on the wheels... nothing really hard, nothing major. Well, on the trip back down the road to me it did the dreded pulling that it does when the rear diff goes out! 🙄 I brought it inside to take a look. The left rear drive shaft was missing! So, I walked outside and found it on the ground where the little cartwheel took place. I went back inside and lined it up and noticed the diff outdrive cup is a MESS! Common Arrma! Stop using garbage metal! I have replace everything but that and the shafts! I am not pulling the diffs again to put stocks in. More money on M2C parts now! Jesus, I thought I could at least get one good run in before something broke! 🤬View attachment 232589
Feel ya Man...in the end, I have M2C outdrives and their driveshafts....by force. Well, I replaced the driveshafts before ever driving it....but I was later forced to get better outdrives.

https://m2cracing.net/arrma/563-m2c3185-arrma-differential-out-drives.html

So if you've seen my build log you know I have done almost every mod available on my K6 EXB XL build. Well, I was doing some testing and tuning today to get it dialed in before a ride to the track for a nice bash. I hit a small speed bump in my parking lot, did a little end over end and landed on the wheels... nothing really hard, nothing major. Well, on the trip back down the road to me it did the dreded pulling that it does when the rear diff goes out! 🙄 I brought it inside to take a look. The left rear drive shaft was missing! So, I walked outside and found it on the ground where the little cartwheel took place. I went back inside and lined it up and noticed the diff outdrive cup is a MESS! Common Arrma! Stop using garbage metal! I have replace everything but that and the shafts! I am not pulling the diffs again to put stocks in. More money on M2C parts now! Jesus, I thought I could at least get one good run in before something broke! 🤬View attachment 232589
Mine are in worse condition than those...

Mine are in worse condition than those...
I popped my drive shaft back in, tightened up my rear upper tie rods, lowered my droop screws a little more and gave it another go. Lasted about 10 minutes just driving it on the street before popping out again. Not even 1 jump. 🤨
I honestly have maybe 4-5 packs on this rig since it was brand new! 🤪
Feel ya Man...in the end, I have M2C outdrives and their driveshafts....by force. Well, I replaced the driveshafts before ever driving it....but I was later forced to get better outdrives.

https://m2cracing.net/arrma/563-m2c3185-arrma-differential-out-drives.html
Oh I am on it! This is my M2C cart already to go.
Screenshot_20220728-204409_Chrome.jpg
I was hoping I didn't need to do this for a while but... fudge it!
What's another $230 at this point? 🤬
The only plus side is I held off doing my front and rear Arrma aluminum diff cases until something broke. I did the center one already. I'll probably hold off on rebuilding it until those output shafts break.

Last edited:
I popped my drive shaft back in, tightened up my rear upper tie rods, lowered my droop screws a little more and gave it another go. Lasted about 10 minutes just driving it on the street before popping out again. Not even 1 jump. 🤨

Oh I am on it! This is my M2C cart already to go.View attachment 232645 I was hoping I didn't need to do this for a while but... fudge it!
What's another $230 at this point? 🤬
The only plus side is I held off doing my front and rear Arrma aluminum diff cases until something broke. I did the center one already. I'll probably hold off on rebuilding it until those output shafts break.
I’m building a new exb myself and I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and install everything m2c had to offer driveline wise with the exception of the outer drive shafts. All the inner shafts, input cups and diff cups are a pain in the ass to install which I realized when I started putting stuff back together so I went ahead and upgraded it all. The only shafts that I haven’t replaced yet are the outer ones that go from the diffs to the wheels and I may still do those before I run it. I’ve got 90% of a stock exb in my spare parts for the truck now. With some stock diffs and a few other parts I could put together another stock kraton exb.

I’m building a new exb myself and I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and install everything m2c had to offer driveline wise with the exception of the outer drive shafts. All the inner shafts, input cups and diff cups are a pain in the ass to install which I realized when I started putting stuff back together so I went ahead and upgraded it all. The only shafts that I haven’t replaced yet are the outer ones that go from the diffs to the wheels and I may still do those before I run it. I’ve got 90% of a stock exb in my spare parts for the truck now. With some stock diffs and a few other parts I could put together another stock kraton exb.
Yup! I do to. I just don't have arms and rear hubs, diff cups, shock tower mounts, internal diff gears, tie rods and ends, most of the drive shafts and maybe a couple of other things. I was considering getting the new RPM EXB arms for it but I wanted to wait until people used them to see how they are. I have heard bad things so, at some point I'll just get some stocks when I am ready to build the stock K6 EXB. Maybe I'll keep it as a back up rig or maybe trade it for something else.

Yup! I do to. I just don't have arms and rear hubs, diff cups, shock tower mounts, internal diff gears, tie rods and ends, most of the drive shafts and maybe a couple of other things. I was considering getting the new RPM EXB arms for it but I wanted to wait until people used them to see how they are. I have heard bad things so, at some point I'll just get some stocks when I am ready to build the stock K6 EXB. Maybe I'll keep it as a back up rig or maybe trade it for something else.
I was thinking the same thing. I’m about to take a 6s system out of my old Savage flux that would work fine if I was going to build it for trade. I think all im going to need is all 3 diffs by themselves and some shocks

I was having the same problem with both my Talion and KEXB. It wasn't my droop screws, it was the compression side. So when I hit the brakes or anything that would push the shocks in like launching off the ramp. My go-to fix was to add short length of fuel line (from my old nitro days) to the shock rod. It limits the compression enough so that the damn dog bones stay where they're supposed to ;) The drive cups on my Talion look like they've been in a blender, but they still do the job for now.

I noticed it was the top end. Thanks for this. Maybe I'll try this for now. Still going ham on the M2C parts... but in the mean time maybe I can still bash. 🤔
Can you tell me what gage the tubing you use is?

I noticed it was the top end. Thanks for this. Maybe I'll try this for now. Still going ham on the M2C parts... but in the mean time maybe I can still bash. 🤔
I have seen people remove the spacers between the pillow ball screw and a-arm. When the pillow ball screws into the arm. That allows the driveshaft to set into the outdrive a little more. I had to do it on my outcast and it fixed that issue for me

If you look on Amain hobbies, search for nitro fuel tubing. Its all pretty much the same size, maybe 2mm inner diameter. Fits all of my 6s cars just fine. Makes a nice bushing.

If you look on Amain hobbies, search for nitro fuel tubing. It’s all pretty much the same size, maybe 2mm inner diameter. Fits all of my 6s cars just fine. Makes a nice bushing.
Seen another post about getting a small o-ring or two from the local hardware store and putting them on the shock shaft. Would save some shipping cost.

I removed the spacers on the arms but didn't help, still popping out. The tube on the shock shaft worked for me though.
I was having issues with outdrive cups so on the back I put those rubber spacer things in the wheel side to push the dog bone towards the diff. On the front I used a rasp bit to drill a couple mm back into the a-arm. I hardly ever break outdrives. It’s kind of a pain to wallow out the red aluminum cap out big enough for the ball end flange to go through but it’s worth it to me to never loose a front dog bone every time I send it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was having issues with outdrive cups so on the back I put those rubber spacer things in the wheel side to push the dog bone towards the diff. On the front I used a rasp bit to drill a couple mm back into the a-arm. I hardly ever break outdrives. It’s kind of a pain to wallow out the red aluminum cap out big enough for the ball end flange to go through but it’s worth it to me to never loose a front dog bone every time I send it.

View attachment 233116

View attachment 233117

View attachment 233118
Great idea! But I swear I saw that same drill bit in the Adam & Eve catalog!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back