Vendetta Arrma Vendetta goes into limp mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbsups48

Reaction score
Having issue with vendetta. After a couple minutes goes into limp mode. Battery is full charged. If I power off and back on it goes back to full power and then limp mode again. Please help

I’ve had the same issues with Spektrum WAC’s and can’t figure out why

Had the same issue with my Vendetta and it came down to voltage sag with my Zeee 3S LiPo batteries.

What batteries are you running? You probably need better batteries because once I switched over to legit batteries (CNHL in my case), I no longer had issues and I was able to do several speed runs back to back.

Had the same issue with my Vendetta and it came down to voltage sag with my Zeee 3S LiPo batteries.
+1
I'd had an issue similar to this on my Hobbywing MAX10 setup. Thought for sure my ESC was going bad, but when switched chargers and tried charging my battery with my IMAX it only recognized 2 cells. Soldered an EC5 onto a Deans 2S I had lying around and problem solved. I think the ESC is detecting low power from one of the cells and switching to low power state. If you have the option, perhaps drop by your LHS and see if they have a battery you could test with.

You most probably have a bad Lipo cell. Shutting it OFF , then ON again, and it runs again, means one cell has fallen off way faster than the others . When it rests for a bit, that cell's volts rises again and the ESC wants to initialize again. But immediatley that one cell drops off again. LVC cutting always flashes red. Thermal cut flashes green FWIW.

-Like asked above, what pack are you running?
-What brand/model charger are you using?
-Are you always doing a "Balance" Charge?
-Then "Storage" charging them after you put them away?
-Is your Detta possibly ""over geared"?

Improper Care and feeding will brick most any Lipo much sooner than later.

The charger or a basic lipo testor should reveal if its a bad cell. Check all the IR's of each cell also. Usually the highest oddball IR of the cell batch is a sign that's the bad cell.

Zeees aren't all that. Especially with Hard pull speed runnning. I run them only in my Crawlers for the most part. I had 2 6s Zeee bricks for my K6s, they didn't last long TBH. And when I tried speed running them in parallel with my V1 Lim and V1 Infr. They could not keep up. Just barely good enough for my K6s. They puffed up very early on.
Just cheap AMZ stuff IMHO.

Last edited:
Zeees aren't all that. Especially with Hard pull speed runnning. I run them only in my Crawlers for the most part. I had 2 6s Zeee bricks for my K6s, they didn't last long TBH. And when I tried speed running them in parallel with my V1 Lim and V1 Infr. They could not keep up. Just barely good enough for my K6s. They puffed up very early on.
Just cheap AMZ stuff IMHO.
Can't say I agree. I've been running Zeee packs for about 4 years in four of my RCs without a single bad experience. My Zeee in my K6S is about 2 years old and had to come out of retirement because my GA won't accept a charge. Still gets me 15 minute runs. I've got a stockpile of 2S and 3S Zeees that're still stable at 3.8 and get broken out for the Stampede/Vandetta frequently. I think it boils down to how they're used and how they're charged. We all make mistakes with our LIPOs occasionally, and not every batch of lithium is going to be equally resilient.

That being said, it could be worse. LIPOs have had an utter glow up in reliability. I remember dealing with a few Venom batteries more than a decade ago that made me want to leave the hobby entirely. Pack after pack would fail me but they were what the LHS carried. Regulations either weren't as strict back then, or manufacturers just didn't have polymer synthesis as down-pat as they do today.

All brands can be a mixed bag at any price.
19 lipos here in all at any given time... Zeee's never cut it for me. The smaller 2s/3s packs are only decent in my Crawlers. The only ones remaining of all my Zeee's. At the bottom of my list from experience. Just Low tier Cells, with poor cell matching. How budget lipos are made. IMHO.
You pay for what you get generally speaking. Pay way less, then expect way less.
And Customer service is what makes or breaks any brand. I have gotten NIB DOA lipo's before.

Welcome to the forum!

Esc flashing lights at ya? What color?

Anyway to check the motor temps? Its been 100 here for a week, I'm thinking you might be getting it hot.
That was going to be my ? C rating I know I max mine at 100c 3s and it can limp out if I push it hard because of temps on a cooler day more cool down between runs no prob

Sorry, but that 100C rating is probably more like 25C in reality. :rolleyes:
What temps you seeing on the lipo?
If the lipo is rather hot from running ( 140F +), might be an indicator of inadequate C rates and capacity and/or Higher than normal Cell(s) Internal Resistance.
Perhaps even overgeared for the current ambient weather temps.

No cool battery my sercs works rather well and yes c ratings are highly exaggerated but I know it's pushing good amps when battery stays just warm and pushes everything hot at first I thought it was a bad esc but I added more air draw out on esc and had lot longer before higher temps I'm not talking wild temps I am a stick l er about cooling I like to see 130 stable on motor and esc battery's have never got hot now the feed wires going to esc get nice and toasty but not the battery
Sorry, but that 100C rating is probably more like 25C in reality. :rolleyes:
What temps you seeing on the lipo?
If the lipo is rather hot from running ( 140F +), might be an indicator of inadequate C rates and capacity and/or Higher than normal Cell(s) Internal Resistance.
Perhaps even overgeared for the current ambient weather temps.
My main issue with the vendetta is the driveline and itty-bitty peices of road gravel I'm going to build custom lexan internal chassis cover withe vent in the right spots for cooling while protecting driveline from the debri eating the driveline

Not sure where or how you run, but most closed wheeled bodies collect so much debris in general. It always been a thing. I always look for clean un graveled places to speed run. I don't drift and hoon around with my On road stuff. Just me.
You are better off with modding Inner wheel fenders for your Detta. Similar to like ScorchedRC has for the 6s Infr and Mojave. Should deflect any debris and gravel way better. I have one for my Mojave. What a huge difference, and I run it in the dirt.
I am sure you can make one for the Detta. Maybe made from sheet lexan. Easy to work with. Use scrap cardboard to create a template.
An inner chassis cover no matter how you vent it, WILL keep things way hotter. And Chassis mesh covers also stink IMHO. Been there.

Last edited:
My main issue with the vendetta is the driveline and itty-bitty peices of road gravel I'm going to build custom lexan internal chassis cover withe vent in the right spots for cooling while protecting driveline from the debri eating the driveline

Saw someone using a soft sponge around the steering bulkhead. Fiberglass screen mesh might be what you're looking for too. Stuffs pretty strong breathable and super workable.

Not sure where or how you run, but most closed wheeled bodies collect so much debris in general. It always been a thing. I always look for clean un graveled places to speed run. I don't drift and hoon around with my On road stuff. Just me.
You are better off with modding Inner wheel fenders for your Detta. Similar to like ScorchedRC has for the 6s Infr and Mojave. Should deflect any debris and gravel way better. I have one for my Mojave. What a huge difference, and I run it in the dirt.
I am sure you can make one for the Detta. Maybe made from sheet lexan. Easy to work with. Use scrap cardboard to create a template.
An inner chassis cover no matter how you vent it, WILL keep things way hotter. And Chassis mesh covers also stink IMHO. Been there.
Yea that is an option I've done that with my corrally skeeter to deflect all the gravel kick off front tires was a big issue built these very simple gaurds huge difference
Yea I did a set for my skeeter it was getting alot of gravel in the pan from front tires easy fix no problems

20230825_141755.jpg

20230825_141803.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back