Arrma vendetta possible wheel drive issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrHardSniper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vendetta
Hi, Just today i've fitter a rocket rc 36 series brushless motor in my 3s arrma vendetta but after running it about 1 minute, it sounds like my 26 pinion gear is spinning while the slipper clutch isn't.
edit: i've taken the motor out and ran it and works fine, fitted it back in the car and when i lift it up its still fine but when i put it on the ground it makes a weird noise and barely moves forward

help is appreciated

Last edited:
Probably striped the plastic spur gear inside. Going to need to open up the power module and check on it. You may have not set the mesh quite right or something else. An option you have is to buy a steel spur or get more plastic ones.

Last edited:
Probably striped the plastic spur gear inside. Going to bed to open up the power module and check on it. You may have not set the mesh quite right or something else. An option you have is to buy a steel spur or get more plastic ones.
Tnx for the respond but i've already opened it and nothing seems to be damaged
Hi, Just today i've fitter a rocket rc 36 series brushless motor in my 3s arrma vendetta but after running it about 1 minute, it sounds like my 26 pinion gear is spinning while the slipper clutch isn't.
Btw this is the second time it happened to me
16647993229604971973562923558385.jpg

166479937806847903226394645331.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see a screw in the slipper
What I do see is that my spring is slightly scratched but that should be no problem

Yeah from your picture I don't see the screw either. It's supposed to run through your slipper.
well that's weírd
the slipper does move back and forward a little
i ran the motor outside the car and it worked just fine but when I put it inside the car it has that same issue :(

Last edited:
still could use some help
You need the screw in the slipper otherwise it doesn't function at all. So you need to order one for it, the screw is your adjustment for how much the slipper slips. and if you don't have a screw that means it wont engage at all and therefore wont move the vehicle at all. Other option is the buy the hot racing spool which I am running and love it very much

Mesh looks a little tight, and it looks like you may have the wrong size pinion, do u remember which one u bought, just guessing at this point!?
You need the screw in the slipper otherwise it doesn't function at all. So you need to order one for it, the screw is your adjustment for how much the slipper slips. and if you don't have a screw that means it wont engage at all and therefore wont move the vehicle at all. Other option is the buy the hot racing spool which I am running and love it very much
I think the screw is on the slipper shaft now with the lil spring.. in the vendetta 🤔

Mesh looks a little tight, and it looks like you may have the wrong size pinion, do u remember which one u bought, just guessing at this point!?

I think the screw is on the slipper shaft now with the lil spring.. in the vendetta 🤔
from the box it comes with the default pinion gear (20 teeth) and a 26 teeth pinion gear

Last edited:
No, the Vendetta has a clutch with a nut on the shaft, as shown below:
slipper.jpg

I think the slipper pad is gone. I removed the slipper clutch assembly and even with the nut tightened, I can spin the metal cap independently of the spur gear.

Whoops forgot they changed it on that one. Good call

Vendetta/infraction spurs are more like the mega spur. Did you check to see if the large red plastic nut is tight? That’s what keeps it togethor. I’d take pics but just had surgery…
Part no. Ending in 808, make sure it’s tight. That goofy red tool they include helps with that then let us know if worked.

A38F610E-240D-4C3C-9116-ADF9CCD9F7BF.jpeg

C12EFFFB-D34B-470A-94B2-DB1C79DDD652.png

View attachment 247674

I think the slipper pad is gone. I removed the slipper clutch assembly and even with the nut tightened, I can spin the metal cap independently of the spur gear.
Should be visible opposite the side with the red aluminum connector. Just has 1 pad.
Part ending 0944 above is the slipper pad.
You should post pictures of your spur honestly. Probably easier that way…

Last edited:
View attachment 247674

Ohhh, like the mega. I did not know that!!

Nut was set to factory default when the issue happened, 12.2mm from the edge of the shaft. Tightening it down to 13.5mm from the edge didn't help, still no grip, metal cap spins independently of the spur gear. Will post pictures tomorrow of the spur and pad.

I would clean both sides of the slipper pad with some fine sandpaper and clean the metal drive cup that contacts the slipper pad. Then reassemble and tighten the nut so the spring is almost completely collapsed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back