Bashing Location Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyFromCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Now that I'm running a brushless rig, I need to find a place for more interesting bashing sessions. The two places that come to mind are the "local" skate park, and a BMX track. The BMX track looks pretty epic for truck racing, but they keep it pretty well groomed so I'd be afraid of messing it up. Both places are a bit of a walk without transportation...the skate park is pretty small.

Currently, we spend most of our time across the street at my sons school in the yard, the playgrounds, etc. He loves spinning the tires on the baseball diamond, but again, it tends to leave a mess.

Does anyone have any favourite places to bash in their neighbourhood?

Skate park's and regular parks. There's a regular park about 15 minutes away that has earth berms around the play ground areas. Basically 3' - 8' humps that you can jump in on one side and out the other. Even with 4S, you can get quite a bit of air. I only go when kids aren't there though.

I have run at a BMX track an hour away a few times though. Tons of fun and lots of big air, but very hard on trucks. Also signs all over saying "NO RC'S". I never come home with trucks still working when I go there. When I do go, I go when school is in session, in the fall or spring and I take a day off work so it's a weekday. Makes it far less likely anyone will be there. Especially since it's in a suburb of Chicago.

I frequent a local skatepark, 10 minute drive as well as 2 other skateparks in towns that are a 30+ minute drive. When I make a "day" of bashing, I start in a skatepark 35 minutes away, drive 50 minutes to another, then back to my town and run there. I mapped it out recently, it's an 80 mile triangle... I have issues. lol!

Also signs all over saying "NO RC'S". I never come home with trucks still working when I go there.
Yeah, I looked at their rules and checked the site out, but I'm sure it wouldn't take long, and I wouldn't want to piss people off in the local area since it is only like a 3-5 minute drive away. It is just so darn tempting though.

The park across the street has a paved path around a bunch of packed dirt with a few dozen trees scattered around. I will often plot a path through the trees/routes and around the perimeter to see how fast I can make it through without slamming into a tree. There is a playground right beside that that I like to play on as well since it has some paved lips that keep the sand in...but I've broken a few front perches when I slam into one of the poles.

I have yet to drive anywhere with the trucks, but I really want to one of these days. I need to make sure I have some common spare parts so that I can minimize disappointment when one breaks. Time to check out Google maps for some interesting areas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back