Bashing burnout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today is one of the days I can relate to bashing burnout. Charged my battery packs yesterday and super excited to be out today. First was my onroad rc...half way in, broke the rear rim off the hex. 1/10 rc...common issue, not a problem. Next was my 6s Hyper 7 buggy..popped a wheelie half throttle and blew both the front tires. Times like these I feel like retiring from rc.

When I got home, the backflips I ordered for my Kraton just arrived. Mixed emotions right now.

Today is one of the days I can relate to bashing burnout. Charged my battery packs yesterday and super excited to be out today. First was my onroad rc...half way in, broke the rear rim off the hex. 1/10 rc...common issue, not a problem. Next was my 6s Hyper 7 buggy..popped a wheelie half throttle and blew both the front tires.

Times like these I feel like retiring from rc.

When I got home, the backflips I ordered for my Kraton just arrived. Mixed emotions right now.

That's like giving up and retiring after a couple of girls flat out said No to dancing with ya..

Brush it off.
There's Plenty of great days ahead.

@NitroK I like how Tex put it.

I have a 20yr old school car over 260k. I get pissed when I have to fix it. Recently, I lost an injector and had to remove the top part of the engine to get to the fuel rail. I did NOT want to change all 6 injectors for one bad one...but why do just one when it takes so much work to get to them? Pissed at the cost and time, and work to do it. Said why don't I sell this old car to an HS'er or someone...looks great, is a sleeper, and would be a nice first car for someone.

Once I fixed and heard the 3" dual exhaust pipes growl and punched it....I was back in love! The frustration disappeared.

Yeah, it happens; wrench it and get back out there. I do understand all I want to do is drive and play. Unfortunately, like life there is that other side we have to deal with of "if it can happen, it will happen"

(y)

I have a 20yr old school car over 260k. I get pissed when I have to fix it. Recently, I lost an injector and had to remove the top part of the engine to get to the fuel rail. I did NOT want to change all 6 injectors for one bad one...but why do just one when it takes so much work to get to them? Pissed at the cost and time, and work to do it. Said why don't I sell this old car to an HS'er or someone...looks great, is a sleeper, and would be a nice first car for someone.

Once I fixed and heard the 3" dual exhaust pipes growl and punched it....I was back in love! The frustration disappeared.

Yeah, it happens; wrench it and get back out there. I do understand all I want to do is drive and play. Unfortunately, like life there is that other side we have to deal with of "if it can happen, it will happen"

(y)
I can relate!

(y)

Would be nice to come back once in a while with the car in working order. I bash hard but not to the extent of trying to jump over buildings or climb trees. Thinking back, it used to be worse during the nitro days..getting it to start was a task by itself, followed by tuning it right to keep the engine running. Messing with the trusty screwdriver was a large portion of the rc time.

On a positive note, both rigs fixed with new tires and are ready for the next adventure.

👍 Yes sir, it is indeed. The struggle is real ✊️. Had one dude in a loud, lifted truck try to run my M2C'd K6 over in the lot once. Laughing out the window as he chased it. Luckily, with it's 1250kv 4092 surpass on 8s...he didn't catch it. I got that thing dialed in. Corners like it's on rails with those MT tires. No rear end sliding out on ya' stuff. For anything serious, I unfortunately have to carry a little heat around here.
You should build an RC car that explodes violently when they drive over it. Be ready to ditch tho because they ain't gonna be happy lol.

Would be nice to come back once in a while with the car in working order. I bash hard but not to the extent of trying to jump over buildings or climb trees. Thinking back, it used to be worse during the nitro days..getting it to start was a task by itself, followed by tuning it right to keep the engine running. Messing with the trusty screwdriver was a large portion of the rc time.

On a positive note, both rigs fixed with new tires and are ready for the next adventure.
Agree. It has taken a lot of $$$ for me to get to rigs I can return home with no damage: hard bodies, better parts like turnbuckles, hinge pins, stock stand-offs, gear meshing, shimming, etc., finally paying off, but many do not have free $$$ to do all this as I do.

The only worry I have is keeping my drunken best friend from running into my rig. I can have the worst crash, and nothing breaks... If he runs into me, something always breaks. I spend more energy avoiding him vs worrying about typical crashes that could break 🤷‍♂️

I think I'm going to tinker with it for a few more bashes. Instead of trying stunts immediately, I'm going to bash around and do everything except the stunts. I've already got the diffs at 30/500/20. Ran it yesterday with Backflip MT's on 6s and it likes to wheelie a lot, punch is up 1 from stock setting. Gonna leave the punch alone and put some Backflip LPs on and run it on 4s a few times. Could make an interesting ground basher with the short wheelbase and smaller tires/lower cg. If I wanna try jumping again, I'll wait until I have a better setup. The ramp I had did not have a good launch for stunts, a lot more distance than height.

I've seen others on here mention they like running 4s with Backflip LPs, would be nice to see what that's like. Its a cool rig and there is a lot more than flips it can do. Gonna try to get out tomorrow and Tuesday, the rain comes back in Wednesday for a few days. Realizing I can enjoy it with less space than need for my Talion XL, so gives me a few extra places I could run it. :cool:

I think I'm going to tinker with it for a few more bashes. Instead of trying stunts immediately, I'm going to bash around and do everything except the stunts. I've already got the diffs at 30/500/20. Ran it yesterday with Backflip MT's on 6s and it likes to wheelie a lot, punch is up 1 from stock setting. Gonna leave the punch alone and put some Backflip LPs on and run it on 4s a few times. Could make an interesting ground basher with the short wheelbase and smaller tires/lower cg. If I wanna try jumping again, I'll wait until I have a better setup. The ramp I had did not have a good launch for stunts, a lot more distance than height.

I've seen others on here mention they like running 4s with Backflip LPs, would be nice to see what that's like. Its a cool rig and there is a lot more than flips it can do. Gonna try to get out tomorrow and Tuesday, the rain comes back in Wednesday for a few days. Realizing I can enjoy it with less space than need for my Talion XL, so gives me a few extra places I could run it. :cool:
I flat foot love my Kraton 6S EXB as 4S. It still has the powerful HW Max6 and 4985 1650kv motor. There was just too much power, but I could control it, but it was too aggressive, a Hulk. Mine you, I love power. I kill my Infraction 6S, and all my other rigs, FT and Tailion EXB, are all 6S. I never ran them as 4S.

I made that one a 4S, upped the pinion to 20T and the punch on 4 running on BF LPs. It stays low and even runs well in competition with my best Buddy E-Revo 2.0 6S It's a good dog fight match-up.

Try it and enjoy!

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! 🤣

Just got back from running it on 4s and all I can say is wow! This thing stays planted nicely on 4s with the LPs and heavier diff fluids. Lots of full throttle, no wheelies, just an occasional slight 1-2 inch lift on the front and it dropped back down without having to back out of the throttle. Only issue is I stopped after the first battery, cant get the fan to stay plugged in to the esc. Came unplugged Saturday when I was attempting stunts, today it never left the ground and still came loose. Temps only went to 160 so didn't hurt anything, but I want to fix that issue before I run it again.

Ran it at a smaller bash spot and the amount of space was fine even though its not enough room for my Talion XL. Looks like the Notorious will be staying in my rc collection. :cool:

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner! 🤣

Just got back from running it on 4s and all I can say is wow! This thing stays planted nicely on 4s with the LPs and heavier diff fluids. Lots of full throttle, no wheelies, just an occasional slight 1-2 inch lift on the front and it dropped back down without having to back out of the throttle. Only issue is I stopped after the first battery, cant get the fan to stay plugged in to the esc. Came unplugged Saturday when I was attempting stunts, today it never left the ground and still came loose. Temps only went to 160 so didn't hurt anything, but I want to fix that issue before I run it again.

Ran it at a smaller bash spot and the amount of space was fine even though its not enough room for my Talion XL. Looks like the Notorious will be staying in my rc collection. :cool:

Great news, my Man!

I like mine as well. I wish TBR Racing still made the TBone wheelie bar. I love this one. I have one on all my bashers, but now I'm looking at making one per another user idea here.

If you ever find one, this low-wheelie bar will put the front down immediately when I come off the line full power. It does not allow the rig to lift but a little on 4S

1710824612209.png

Yeah...those two guys are great to watch, so I have to stay in my lane watching them. I do like taking notes in certain areas of upgrades from them that fit my breakage over time.

I know it's me....I grew up as a youngster watching the Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider, etc...so jumping for me is more flying or floating in the air. The rotating flip doesn't appeal to me. Seeing my rigs come off a golf mount or anything that gives me level flight is a rush for me. It also means I can land it and have less breakage.

Not kocking others. I get it does look cool...hell, I was born in the 70's, so all the 1-1 cars flew. I cannot remember if Evel Knievel did flips but in all the ones I saw, he just flew through the air :LOL:
did you have the evel knievel toy I did :)

Back