Bashing burnout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Anybody else get burned out on bashing? I've hit a point where I've lost interest in running my Talion, Notorious and Stampede. They look and run awesome, but the bash spots I have are pretty boring and flat and there is only so much you can do with that. A couple of times lately I've had my batteries charged, rigs ready, drove to my spot, looked out and thought "never mind" and go home. 🤷‍♂️

I still love my Typhon for some occasional street bashing. The others are cool and if I had some good spots to bash I'm sure I'd feel different. There are 3 or 4 places that I've found that look awesome but they are at least 25 minutes away. Thing is if I'm going to drive further than 5-10 minutes for RC stuff I'd rather take my crawlers. I wasn't a big crawler fan when I got my first one, but the more I mess with them the more I like them. Even thought about selling my offroad bashers and buying more crawlers. Am I turning into a crawler guy? :unsure: 🤣

Maybe I'm just cranky and tired of cold/wet PNW weather and I'll feel different in a month or 2.🤣 Anyway, just wondering if others have gone through similar things. 😎

I'm just waiting on the time change Sunday here. I think it'll help. I've been kinda the same. Lots rain here in GA lately. And it's nearly dark at 545. Been wrenching a lot.

Welcome to rock crawling......... I love my bashers, but I have 10 crawlers for every 1 basher in the fleet.

SCX 6 34.jpg

Welcome to rock crawling......... I love my bashers, but I have 10 crawlers for every 1 basher in the fleet.

I've got 5 bashers and 3 crawlers right now, pretty sure I'm going to end up with more crawlers than bashers by the end of this year. Wanting to add a Vanquish and the new 1/12 Ecto to my collection more than anything else.

Bashing can get boring that's why during winter months I don't barely look at my collection. I actually have to dust them off. My wife will complain!

It happens, don’t sell em’ off just yet. It’s nice to have some variety. I tend switch it up. Sometimes I’m into bashing, sometimes I’m into speed, and sometimes I’m into my heli’s… It’s easy to burn out if you only focus on one aspect of the hobby.

It happens, don’t sell em’ off just yet. It’s nice to have some variety. I tend switch it up. Sometimes I’m into bashing, sometimes I’m into speed, and sometimes I’m into my heli’s… It’s easy to burn out if you only focus on one aspect of the hobby.
That's so true. I take my drones out for a different experience. Keeps the hobby fresh. Also bashing solo can get boring. My wife claims she will bash with me this year. (Let's see how long that will last!) 🤣🤣

That's so true. I take my drones out for a different experience. Keeps the hobby fresh. Also bashing solo can get boring. My wife claims she will bash with me this year. (Let's see how long that will last!) 🤣🤣
I have a nice collection of bashers & speeders & one crawler. A drone has got my attention before when I got my DJI FPV camera for my Infraction. The DJI is a good drone?

I have a nice collection of bashers & speeders & one crawler. A drone has got my attention before when I got my DJI FPV camera for my Infraction. The DJI is a good drone?
Yes they are. All on my drones are DJI. Mavic Pro, Mavic Mini V1, Spark, and Phantom 3 Standard.

Anybody else get burned out on bashing? I've hit a point where I've lost interest in running my Talion, Notorious and Stampede. They look and run awesome, but the bash spots I have are pretty boring and flat and there is only so much you can do with that. A couple of times lately I've had my batteries charged, rigs ready, drove to my spot, looked out and thought "never mind" and go home. 🤷‍♂️

I still love my Typhon for some occasional street bashing. The others are cool and if I had some good spots to bash I'm sure I'd feel different. There are 3 or 4 places that I've found that look awesome but they are at least 25 minutes away. Thing is if I'm going to drive further than 5-10 minutes for RC stuff I'd rather take my crawlers. I wasn't a big crawler fan when I got my first one, but the more I mess with them the more I like them. Even thought about selling my offroad bashers and buying more crawlers. Am I turning into a crawler guy? :unsure: 🤣

Maybe I'm just cranky and tired of cold/wet PNW weather and I'll feel different in a month or 2.🤣 Anyway, just wondering if others have gone through similar things. 😎
I don't have a crawler yet... Someday I might have to give it a shot! Looks like fun.

Last year we tried one of those Hypergo street cars at a skate park, tons of fun.

Agree though, if you have to travel too far it does get frustrating..

Sometime I will bust out a rig and tear up the neighborhood a bit. I hope you find more joy in it. Maybe throw a couple ramps and cones in the car? I do, jumps are more fun. 😀

Suggestions for a 1st drone? And if I only wanted to own just one.
I sorta like the DJI Air 3. I'm terrible at fpv. I suck at fpv video games! 🤣🤣

Hell yes. I'm about 50/50 cars, started with bashers, but as far as hours I'm easily 9 to 1 crawling now. I go on 4-5 hour hikes with the king of trailing SCX6. And 4/5 times I go out, it's crawling instead of bashing.
But sometimes it takes hunting out an interesting new spot for bashers, and that feels harder to me. Found a winner today though - just the place to give the crawlers a rest. Now if I only had paddle tires.
IMG_4157.jpeg

I can relate to an extent. My primary focus is speed running but the weather is exceedingly wet over the winter and spring months making it pretty much impossible. So a little over a year ago I figured I'd get something to bash about with during the cold months and bought a used K6 EXB from a Dutch hobby shop that needed a little TLC. I kinda have the same problem as you in that there aren't really any great or even good spots near me where I could air it out so it's just flat land bashing really. I don't have a car and there's not enough room in your average run-of-the-mill backpacks and I'm not carrying this thing onto public transportation, driving somewhere for an hour or whatever and then lugging it out into the woods, a quarry or skate park, etc. etc. Screw that.

So yeah, the bashing around gets kinda boring after 5-10 minutes. I feel ya man.

I feel you. PNW winters aren't the best for bashing. And this 30-40 degree weather with smearings of rain we have been getting feels like it will never end. Having grown up in the sunny midwest, this bites :ROFLMAO:

Having someone to run with definitely helps.

The guy i drive with and I found this empty abandoned parking lot and we've been going there to set up impromptu race tracks. That was good to shake things up, but if we repeat it too much it can still be boring. Definitely gotta have a good variety of places to cycle through so you don't get bored. That and having a variety of bashing types helps. Cycle from the big jumpers with a ramp to dirt bmx jumps to skatepark to parking lot bashing seems to help keep it interesting.

Oh, and crawling in the rain is not nearly as much fun as when its dry :rolleyes:

Back