Bashing burnout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel you on that...

51 and a long way from retirement on whatever that looks like. 25 years at the job, and it would be hard if I were to change. I am Sr. Infrastructure Engineer Manager for all of North America for my company. I've been in management for so long, and these new guys I hire are so sharp on new tech. Been on the other side of the desk now for so long, you lose it if you are not using it. I just do not have the energy to learn or get any more NEW certifications or demands to stay up on new tech, so if I get pushed out, it would be hard!

Yeah, home work to do....that list is tall here as well

(y)
Good for you brother! Here's to hoping you can ride it out without being pushed out!
If the salary matches the title, then yes, I imagine you're set with finances.
I settled at my job.. 27 years in now. I've watched many whom I started at the bottom with go up the ladder, but uh, not my style. I made some headway, but no management aspirations for me. Too many pukes to answer for, LOL. So, I hit the time clock 5 days a week and forget all about the job till the next punch.. gotta take the bad with the good I suppose. The bed I made myself.. no ragrets;)🍻

Good for you brother! Here's to hoping you can ride it out without being pushed out!
If the salary matches the title, then yes, I imagine you're set with finances.
I settled at my job.. 27 years in now. I've watched many whom I started at the bottom with go up the ladder, but uh, not my style. I made some headway, but no management aspirations for me. Too many pukes to answer for, LOL. So, I hit the time clock 5 days a week and forget all about the job till the next punch.. gotta take the bad with the good I suppose. The bed I made myself.. no ragrets;)🍻
Well said, Brother. You hit the negative side, and my life is now. I never clock out from the job, and the demand keeps coming. Honestly, times I wish I were pushed out like co-workers who I know were pushed out have so much peace. They leave their job, and it is over until they come back. Lower salary pay for them tho, but they all say the stress and peace make up for it being gone... I'm catching their work as jobs add more to the plate. It's a fancy title, but the work is slave, so I respect the fact you have not crossed that line because I do have to be a puppet and answer those strings. When I was a tech was all about the work...now just damn politics!

Kind words, thanks, my Brother!

Well said, Brother. You hit the negative side, and my life is now. I never clock out from the job, and the demand keeps coming. Honestly, times I wish I were pushed out like co-workers who I know were pushed out have so much peace. They leave their job, and it is over until they come back. Lower salary pay for them tho, but they all say the stress and peace make up for it being gone... I'm catching their work as jobs add more to the plate. It's a fancy title, but the work is slave, so I respect the fact you have not crossed that line because I do have to be a puppet and answer those strings. When I was a tech was all about the work...now just damn politics!

Kind words, thanks, my Brother!
Sounds rough, sorry to hear. I mean it's clearly got it's perks, I know management gets a much better pension in general so, perhaps the silver lining? Hang in there brother, I know where I'm clocking in/out for the rest of my days. Well, provided the job is still there, LOL. We never really know, right? 🍻

This works! Superlube synthetic for the win.

I have had some smaller 3S bearings last longer than they should have on this treatment as well. Have you figured out a way to get the rubber seals off without damaging them?

Still looking for that amazing tool to get the seals off that does not exist yet... I have tried tiny razor blades, mini screw drivers, dental picks, and one I made my self.. Getting better but an edge usually gets marred a little. I tried to enlist the crafty forum members to make one and put me on the prototype list. :cool:
I just use a hobby/exacto knife. Hobby shops can even stock different shaped ones to suit different needs. I just dig in the outer edge of the seal barely deep enough to lift it up and out. But not too deep to where it could damage the bearing. Just dig deep enough to lift under the metal 'skeleton' of them instead of prying at and damaging the rubber on the surface more than you should. More often than not, it's inevitable to make the seals a tiny itty-bitty bit imperfect where you dig in to remove them, but that does not affect anything. Even untouched, those seals aren't perfect at keeping all grit out anyway. Nothing is perfect.

I use a 45 degree angled razor blade. I don't fret much about the seals myself. I do try to remove without damage of course but, well, poop happens 🤷‍♂️ After any length of use they aren't really sealed anymore, more like shielded. The rubber wears from contacting the steel sleeves..The grease will help repel water, but that's really about it. I'm no engineer, just my thoughts on the matter.
I have to admit, the Arrma inner hub bearings are tricky to get the seals out of because they're so darned skinny (small balls) and totally not worth it IMO. Run them till failure, or the next service/repair. At which point they're almost guaranteed to be crunchy. I definitely go through more Arrma 6s inner hub bearings than any other, out of over a dozen different bashers. Is what it is.. unless I pony up for aluminum hubs with oversized bearings.

I use a 45 degree angled razor blade. I don't fret much about the seals myself. I do try to remove without damage of course but, well, poop happens 🤷‍♂️ After any length of use they aren't really sealed anymore, more like shielded. The rubber wears from contacting the steel sleeves..The grease will help repel water, but that's really about it. I'm no engineer, just my thoughts on the matter.
I have to admit, the Arrma inner hub bearings are tricky to get the seals out of because they're so darned skinny (small balls) and totally not worth it IMO. Run them till failure, or the next service/repair. At which point they're almost guaranteed to be crunchy. I definitely go through more Arrma 6s inner hub bearings than any other, out of over a dozen different bashers. Is what it is.. unless I pony up for aluminum hubs with oversized bearings.
Those are some I focus on the most, helps them out alot to add grease (Superlube synthetic). Some say to be careful not to overfill them but I find them to last longer.

Last edited:
Those are some I focus on the most, helps them out alot to add grease. Some say to be careful not to overfill them but I find them to last longer.
For sure. Putting actual grease in them vs the petroleum jelly they seem to come from the factory with has got to help. Sometimes they are delivered dry, I swear! My brother's Talion EXB didn't make 2 packs before both front inner bearings blew apart.. 🤔🤷‍♂️😂

I really need to try greasing my bearings. I tend to do nothing more than put a drop of oil when I remember and thats it. 🤔🤣
Good for motor bearings and racers, but I don't think it's enough for a basher that gets thrown into the elements and thrashed, then tossed on a shelf "till next time". Oil is light, which makes faster, but also washes out much quicker than grease. At least those are my theories..

Hell

I wish I could get burned out. I have an empty house with children who are all adults. I am blessed to have some funds to buy at will, but hell if I can find the free time. I do a lot of community outreach, prison mentoring to inmates, and other ministry things, so my schedule is full, not to exclude work.

I long to bash, but as much free time as I have, I am committed to helping others. It takes priority over my rigs!

😥
That’s great that you help so many people but you have to make time for your self 👍

It happens, don’t sell em’ off just yet. It’s nice to have some variety. I tend switch it up. Sometimes I’m into bashing, sometimes I’m into speed, and sometimes I’m into my heli’s… It’s easy to burn out if you only focus on one aspect of the hobby.
This^^^^ variety is what keeps things interesting. I still fly my planes, play with my crawlers, and bash when I get the chance. Sometimes you need a break and that's ok too. But I do tend to favor my crawlers these days, less breakage per dollar spent, and the slower pace is more relaxing.

Got enough sun to dry things out so I took the Notorious out for its first 6s run. Took a ramp I made a while back to try doing some flips, didnt last long. :ROFLMAO:

Landed the first one perfect and thought maybe Im finally going to get good at flips? Second one went nose first, third went upside down, then landed a little off balance to the right side and the dogbone popped out. Fixed it, landed a couple more good, a couple upside down, then a front wheels first , dogbone popped out.

Luckily there was a large dumpster in the parking lot from nearby construction so I loaded up my stuff and stopped by the dumpster and tossed the ramp. Too narrow, not tall enough, and pretty sure Im not patient enough to dial in a send it rig. 🤣

Now I have to decide what to do with the Notorious. First thing that comes to mind is trade/convert to an Infraction. My street Typhon has me spoiled, Ive run at least 30-35 battery packs through it since the last time I had to wrench on it...:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Got enough sun to dry things out so I took the Notorious out for its first 6s run. Took a ramp I made a while back to try doing some flips, didnt last long. :ROFLMAO:

Landed the first one perfect and thought maybe Im finally going to get good at flips? Second one went nose first, third went upside down, then landed a little off balance to the right side and the dogbone popped out. Fixed it, landed a couple more good, a couple upside down, then a front wheels first , dogbone popped out.

Luckily there was a large dumpster in the parking lot from nearby construction so I loaded up my stuff and stopped by the dumpster and tossed the ramp. Too narrow, not tall enough, and pretty sure Im not patient enough to dial in a send it rig. 🤣

Now I have to decide what to do with the Notorious. First thing that comes to mind is trade/convert to an Infraction. My street Typhon has me spoiled, Ive run at least 30-35 battery packs through it since the last time I had to wrench on it...:unsure::ROFLMAO:
I might just be a run along the ground, guy. Not a send it guy. For me, it's because I can't afford to break em.' I can barely afford maintenance. So, no ramp or jump practice for me. I've noticed that a fair amount in the hobby are on the wealthy side. I'm dirt poor of poor, but still need a little something to do on the side, so compromise must be made. No crazy RC influencer stuff. No sir.

Yeah I got lured into the hobby by Duperbash and RCDude81 videos on YT. These rigs are a lot harder to do stunts with than it looks, especially if you don't have a track, other great location or good ramp building skills.
Im turning into a street basher/crawler guy because its rare I break one of those. I prefer most of my wrenching to be tuning or upgrades.

Yeah I got lured into the hobby by Duperbash and RCDude81 videos on YT. These rigs are a lot harder to do stunts with than it looks, especially if you don't have a track, other great location or good ramp building skills.
Im turning into a street basher/crawler guy because its rare I break one of those. I prefer most of my wrenching to be tuning or upgrades.
I got a side lot and dirt/gravel road lol. Maybe a parking lot at night if I want to put up with people (doing who knows what in their vehicles) while parked. Never a place where people are not present. No ROOM for sending! If I wanted to have room, I could go to a high school property and get mugged or killed in the evening. Nice grass hills there. Not worth dying for. I hear rifle fire all around most nights. Didn't use to. Times are a changin.'

I got a side lot and dirt/gravel road lol. Maybe a parking lot at night if I want to put up with people (doing who knows what in their vehicles) while parked. Never a place where people are not present. No ROOM for sending! If I wanted to have room, I could go to a high school property and get mugged or killed in the evening. Nice grass hills there. Not worth dying for. I hear rifle fire all around most nights. Didn't use to. Times are a changin.'
It's getting hard to find good bashing spots.

It's getting hard to find good bashing spots.
👍 Yes sir, it is indeed. The struggle is real ✊️. Had one dude in a loud, lifted truck try to run my M2C'd K6 over in the lot once. Laughing out the window as he chased it. Luckily, with it's 1250kv 4092 surpass on 8s...he didn't catch it. I got that thing dialed in. Corners like it's on rails with those MT tires. No rear end sliding out on ya' stuff. For anything serious, I unfortunately have to carry a little heat around here.

Yeah...those two guys are great to watch, so I have to stay in my lane watching them. I do like taking notes in certain areas of upgrades from them that fit my breakage over time.

I know it's me....I grew up as a youngster watching the Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider, etc...so jumping for me is more flying or floating in the air. The rotating flip doesn't appeal to me. Seeing my rigs come off a golf mount or anything that gives me level flight is a rush for me. It also means I can land it and have less breakage.

Not kocking others. I get it does look cool...hell, I was born in the 70's, so all the 1-1 cars flew. I cannot remember if Evel Knievel did flips but in all the ones I saw, he just flew through the air :LOL:

Yeah...those two guys are great to watch, so I have to stay in my lane watching them. I do like taking notes in certain areas of upgrades from them that fit my breakage over time.

I know it's me....I grew up as a youngster watching the Dukes of Hazard and Knight Rider, etc...so jumping for me is more flying or floating in the air. The rotating flip doesn't appeal to me. Seeing my rigs come off a golf mount or anything that gives me level flight is a rush for me. It also means I can land it and have less breakage.

Not kocking others. I get it does look cool...hell, I was born in the 70's, so all the 1-1 cars flew. I cannot remember if Evel Knievel did flips but in all the ones I saw, he just flew through the air :LOL:
I should stop commenting here, but yeah....I can identify lol. Born last year of the 70's. My first memory of watching a television show was Wonder Woman re-runs. I remember being 4 years old, making the motorized antenna on the house roof rotate to make sure she was on. Always thought that woman was frickin' gorgeous. Then Dukes of Hazzard and Knight Rider. Needless to say, I had the little Hot Wheel cars that were banged up to replicate their storylines.

I am the only one who gets a kick out of landing on all 4's on smaller jumps? Not so great with flips but watching these machines fly 10 feet in the air and actually land is pretty cool.

remote control car GIF by HPI Racing

Last edited:
Back