Outcast BashingBrian's Outcast EXBB 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree.... but was my plan from the start....just not this soon. Would have bought a roller, but they don't sell one. Still cheaper than getting the Noto 6s and upgrading to EXB.
Yea I suppose it is. I have a hobbywing esc in a mojave thing I built but I don't like it that much so I might pinch that. I was so looking forward to this thing man its such a let down. At least I got a few more to bash with 😉

Yea I suppose it is. I have a hobbywing esc in a mojave thing I built but I don't like it that much so I might pinch that. I was so looking forward to this thing man its such a let down. At least I got a few more to bash with 😉
Yeah, sucks man. Horizon is sending me a new ESC...but said on backorder so will ship soon.

@Reubydoobe @HZRDOS ... This is the whole reason why I'm building my own..!! 😉😎

Arrma/Horizon doing this RTR EXB route just plain sucks in my opinion, and the fact that two people on here have had esc's burn up isn't good..😩👎🏼
EXB's should just be rollers, end of story..!!!

I was going to use a Firma esc in this build but now I'm too scared too..!!

@Reubydoobe @HZRDOS ... This is the whole reason why I'm building my own..!! 😉😎

Arrma/Horizon doing this RTR EXB route just plain sucks in my opinion, and the fact that two people on here have had esc's burn up isn't good..😩👎🏼
EXB's should just be rollers, end of story..!!!

I was going to use a Firma esc in this build but now I'm too scared too..!!
So I think that Outcast ESC was screwed from day one. I was never impressed with that larger JX servo compared to the 35kg ones I use. I have a 46kg all steel gear on in the OC. Well...guess the ESC never had a good voltage output. The servo is like 50 times faster and stronger with the HW ESC. And that was on just the 6v. Turned up to the 7.4v setting, this servo is crazy fast and strong. Also had a weird delay with stock ESC...like would turn on and took about 5 or 6 secs for the steering to work. But all works now perfectly.
Selling point is the 29mm diffs. Those 3 alone on Jennysrc.com are $150. So to have them, still was cheaper to get the EXB and scrap electronics.

So it all begins... 😉

ScorchedRC... chassis, Ti turnbuckles, carbon towers, EXB bumper front mount..
Arrma... Kraton EXB, Backflip 6s, skidplate, some generic Outcast parts..😉 ( another body "clear version" )
Ti droop screws ( Cam Engineering ), bearings for steering not pictured.

IMG_0970 copy.jpeg

Aaaaannnnnndddd we're off....😉🤣🤣

IMG_1023.jpeg

Anyway got round to tuning the esc today but punch is only set at 1 or 2. The manual sez up to 9. What's not right here guy's have I been sent an older version esc and if so what the hell are settings 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I've seen a few people moan about the state of his build as well 😉
Meanwhile in Devon

IMG_20210818_215124.jpg

I'm just teasing, get it right instead of spending money on stuff you regret later or just useless. So basically I'm not getting a spektrum ESC, another Max6 it is.
I got one going cheap 😉
How the hell can they fit that and not notice the difference 🤔🤣

IMG_20210819_224607.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back