Battery Quality, Best Choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetron22

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
All my lipo batteries, both 2s and 3s, are venom batteries. I'm wondering if that's a good choice? They work great and have been durable but I'm wondering if I'm paying for the name so to speak? I jump my vehicles constantly and run them hard. Also does the c rating really matter? My 100c seems the same as my 50c, I just notice a very slightly shorter run time with 100c. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I use to buy SMC and gensacearespammers which are good quality lipos with 80C. Lately have been buying cheaper lipos on Amazon, Zeees lipos with 80C. The first 2 work really well with good punch, but find the Zeees have less punch IMO. C numbers do matter but overrated by most companies. For just bashing try some cheaper lipos and judge for yourself. If I'm speed running or want maximum punch I perfer better quality lipos. It's like you drink Heineken or go cheap with Bud light, all personal preference.

Thanks for the input. I'm baby stepping my way into rc and am learning a ton. I kinda figured it was a you get what you pay for type of deal. I've beat the heck outta my venom batteries and they've help up nicely. I just picked up a 3s spectrum 5000mah 100c battery, which was almost $50 less than the comparable venom. I'm discovering that larger than 5000mah in a hard case is tough to come by. I did see a 3s 10500mah 100c battery that is recommended for the xmaxx. Would love the runtime on that!

Thanks for the input. I'm baby stepping my way into rc and am learning a ton. I kinda figured it was a you get what you pay for type of deal. I've beat the heck outta my venom batteries and they've help up nicely. I just picked up a 3s spectrum 5000mah 100c battery, which was almost $50 less than the comparable venom. I'm discovering that larger than 5000mah in a hard case is tough to come by. I did see a 3s 10500mah 100c battery that is recommended for the xmaxx. Would love the runtime on that!
You get what you pay for, lipos no exception. I don't use Spektrum lipos, too many better choices out there IMO. All my hardcase lipos are SMC 5400 mah 80C. Those high mah lipos are heavy, stay away from them in smaller scale RC. Not only that, they will heat up your electronics before you can deplete them. I always stay in the 5000-6000 mah range. When you go large scale like the Xmaxx, K8S or OC8S, you can go higher mah because they are energy hogs and weight a ton to begin with. Just a few words of wisdom.
Some cheap Zeee hardcase lipos.

20191017_134247.jpg
712JwiXSw2L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! That is the exact type of info a newbie like me needs. Thank you so much!
My local hobby shop sold me the battery, said it's what the car recommends....... hmmmm....... not sure where they would get that impression.
Anyway, I'm in line for a couple smc batteries that are back ordered, which is fine because I live in green bay wisconsin and the snow isn't going anywhere soon. After going through the forum smc definitely is the battery of choice by the majority.
Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back