Granite Bent Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slowroller

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Not sure what could have caused this... My Granite BLX running a 3S battery began making a noise and not moving. Upon inspection the slipper gear was toast ground down smooth. Looking closer and removing the power module I discovered the case for the slipper had a small crack, the red motor mount was bent causing the pinion gear to be pitched and the shaft for the slipper set was also bent. A lot of damage and not sure how it happened. The Granite is new with only 3-4 runs without any major crash resulting in damage. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• gran1.jpg
    gran1.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 161
  • gran2.jpg
    gran2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 102
You need a driver upgrade ??????

Been there. Done that plenty. Only way to prevent it is not to crash. ??‍♂️??

The front bearing in my Senton BLX motor came apart with only a dozen or so 2s packs thru it. I called Horizon and they are sending me a new motor and spur gear. I also ordered bearings for it which should be here today, so hopefully I can get it going again. The motors are on back order cause of the current global situation. The front bearing in my motor is larger, 5x16x5, than the rear bearing, 5x13x4., so you might want to check yours before ordering bearings. Get ceramic hybrids or stainless. They cost more but should last longer.

Coming from a RC plane background this is my first experience with cars. I will investigate a bit further as my son was at the wheel and I was getting the story 2nd hand. As far as driving seeing the damage to the parts in question I can't understand this damage with nothing else A arms, steering etc. not showing any visible damage anywhere else on the Granite.

Thanks for the tip on the bearings I will order those as well.

Appreciate the help!

Coming from a RC plane background this is my first experience with cars. I will investigate a bit further as my son was at the wheel and I was getting the story 2nd hand. As far as driving seeing the damage to the parts in question I can't understand this damage with nothing else A arms, steering etc. not showing any visible damage anywhere else on the Granite.

Thanks for the tip on the bearings I will order those as well.

Appreciate the help!
Remplace the motor mount by an adjustable one at that point not worth getting the fix one

Easy, big jump or drop and a hard landing on the side. Wheels and suspension arms took the damage without breaking (plastic flexes) while the motor mount bent.

Check the motor screws too, maybe One was loose?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back