Talion Best ESC UPGRADE FOR TALION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I have tried the Max6 and it is too big and heavy for me. I like the Talion light and nimble. What are you guys running? Motor and ESC?

I have a max8 combo in mine! Running the 2200kv.

Basherqueen kit
56D4C224-DE1B-4A1E-92C4-51CAC11507FB.jpeg
803BCD73-3C7B-47B1-A572-98564FA155F4.jpeg
7211EE3F-9A91-45EF-87BC-3A50E9ED574F.jpeg

I do think the max8 4092 would probably be the best for light bashing.
Fun fact the 4092 and 4585 are similar weights. In my opinion it throws off the weight distribution of the talion. Makes it more rear end heavy which throws off how it flies through the air.. the thing about the talion is it’s almost effortless to soar straight through the air without much need for throttle control. With the heavier motors in the rear it makes them less stabile. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just my opinion. I had the 4585 rocket motor in a talion. 1580kv .. it was a beast.. but did not jump well. General bashing was great. Till you wanted to get some air.

Torox 185 from Jennys…. It’s hands down the best esc on the market for the $.

I have 3 of em’ they’re just rebranded Max 8 but are much more lively!

I don't jump mine at all, but went with a lightened m2c chassis and all the basherqueen bits to take a little weight down but i run a max6/4092. I do have the max8/2200kv in my 8ight xte and it seems pretty well balanced.

talion14.jpg

I have a mmx8s and a tp 4060 1750kv y wind in my talion. The tp motor is lighter than a lot of motors which is one of the main reasons I originally picked it. I upgraded from stock rtr electronics and I had to buy new tires because the new electronics made my duratrax trush ballon way too much. Felt like I was ice skating. Stock tires felt really amazing with this setup too, very nimble still imo. I tried road crushers and it turned into a tank on the road. So much so I had a wheel rip off the hex on the first run of the tires. Though the cold probably did the tires no favors as well. Thankfully hobby heroes taking care of me. =D

Some would say tp motor is more for speed runs etc but I went against the grain and I love it so far.

Last edited:

Is that the Corrally esc?

Is that the Corrally esc?

This is off subject but I started it 😆 Have you tried any of the Corrally tires? On any Arrma?
Nope, so far I've tried only arrma, duratrax, grp, and src.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back